ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAB Betting

I like Notre Dame -9.5 over Niagara. I think Notre Dame wins by 10 or more in its home opener for new coach Micah Shrewsberry.
agreed on names alone. but no idea who Notre Dame is. per Blue Ribbon they lost 98.4% of their scoring from last year, and only have 10 guys on the roster.

Like Central CT state +10.5 over URI ..

Winthrop + 14.5 over Clemson is one of the more interesting games imo today. Winthrop has 1 Big South 1st team pre-season picks and 2 season team picks .. Clemson could be top 4 in ACC ...

almost a great moment in gambling history as the unlikeliest backdoor cover was there for VMI backers until they missed 3 late FTs including the one with 28s left that would have sealed the cover (bc UR would then have dribbled out the clock like they did anyway.)

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Wasn't sure if this was a thread that existed or not, but here we go. Figured this would be a good place to talk about all things betting this year. Here are my 2 plays tonight (so far)

Georgia +6.5 vs Oregon
Dayton -15.5 vs SIU Edwardsville
1-1 on the year. Dayton made me sweat that one

I like Notre Dame -9.5 over Niagara. I think Notre Dame wins by 10 or more in its home opener for new coach Micah Shrewsberry.
Welp, Notre Dame won but did not cover. So I'm 0-1 for the year.

Tonight's pick: Michigan -10.5 over UNC Asheville.

Here's what I'm rolling with tonight:

UMass -8.5 over Albany

Parlay (30% profit boost; +704)
Indiana -12.5 over FGCU
UMass -8.5 over Albany
Michigan -10.5 over UNC Asheville

Michigan -10.5 seems too easy. Wondering if I'm missing something
The only thing I know about UM is that Martelli is acting as interim head coach after Juwan Howard had heart surgery (and the latest headline is that there's "no timetable" for Howard's return). Martelli is about as steady of a hand as you can have as an "interim." Asheville is a Big South team that Ken Pom has ranked around 150, but I still think Michigan rolls.....

Interested to watch Umass, especially the frontcourt with Cross and Cohen. Will Frank the Tank gain some traction this year, or will he rather fight the twitter fight? If this was about 1/2 the distance from me I might have gone in person to watch.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Here's what I'm rolling with tonight:

UMass -8.5 over Albany

Parlay (30% profit boost; +704)
Indiana -12.5 over FGCU
UMass -8.5 over Albany
Michigan -10.5 over UNC Asheville

CH I’m gonna back u on IU. Even w MSU and Rutgers big Tenning early. Kind of good to see so hopefully we don’t hear the 9, 10 or 11 bids nonsense again. But we will.

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
8Legs - Yes, ,noticed that too. St Mary's played Stanislaus State or something like that. Not sure the benefit - but think it may just be due to unable to fill an open slot. I know reading about SDSU schedule some years, they have trouble finding a game and have scheduled local D2 schools.

Noticed my FAU pick is actually for tonight. Think I will follow Law's Syracuse pick. I figure this may be Canisius super bowl, but SI has them ranked no. 283 - so the blow out seems likely.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
8Legs - Yes, ,noticed that too. St Mary's played Stanislaus State or something like that. Not sure the benefit - but think it may just be due to unable to fill an open slot. I know reading about SDSU schedule some years, they have trouble finding a game and have scheduled local D2 schools.

probably a very nice and much appreciated boost to those schools athletic budgets to be recipients of that buy game money

Reactions: spider23

Noticed my FAU pick is actually for tonight. Think I will follow Law's Syracuse pick. I figure this may be Canisius super bowl, but SI has them ranked no. 283 - so the blow out seems likely.
Unless they bring back their coach from 30 years ago…

it seems like D1 schools playing non-D1 schools in their regular season schedule has really taken off, seems like half the games this week have been such games.
I spoke with an assistant who said it's never been harder to get home games, and you have to have some.
if you don't have a budget for a buy game, you have to fill slots with local D3 teams who'll come for $5k.

UMass -8.5 was easy money. Parlays are dumb

2-1 on single game bets so far this season. Spider23 & Spider-Law, I think I'm going to back both of your picks tonight. Love FAU -4.5 & Cuse -13.5. Let's ride!
I never bet on the first games of CBB, way too much unknowns. That said that FAU -4.5 is screaming at me. Final Four team playing Loyola, a team that pretty much crapped the bed in the first year in the A-10.

Loyola is on Barstool Sports. I was able to download the app on my firestick and it is free. Pretty wild so far Portnoy is announcing and they interviewed the Loyola assistant on the bench during the game. Not much offense yet.

Loyola is on Barstool Sports. I was able to download the app on my firestick and it is free. Pretty wild so far Portnoy is announcing and they interviewed the Loyola assistant on the bench during the game. Not much offense yet.
Love him or hate him, Portnoy knows how to entertain. Learned from the Howard Stern school of entertainment

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT