ADVERTISEMENT

Leading scorer in 23-24

Who will lead the Spiders in scoring for 2023-2024?

• Quinn

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • King

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Hunt

• Bailey

• Bigelow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roche

• Noyes

• someone else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gospidersgo

Team Manager
Dec 21, 2015
My choice is Quinn - I feel like he really started asserting himself later in the season last year and showed that he has the potential to be a force. Plus I think he is clear option #1 going into the year at his spot, so he will get all the minutes he can handle. I could definitely be convinced to choose Jordan King as well.

I do envision us having 5 or 6 guys bunched in the 9-13 ppg range this year though, rather than the type of season where 1 or 2 guys score the lion's share. So I would not be surprised to see many different leading scorers throughout the year. Interested to see what everyone else is thinking.

Reactions: urfan1
I think it'll almost certainly be King who leads us in scoring at around 15 ppg. Hunt and Quinn will be second and third, between 9-12 ppg each.

I feel like if Hunt and Quinn are two and three then we have a lower ceiling than I would hope. I feel like we at the lease we need to have another guy - somewhat unexpected maybe - be a 10-12 ppg scorer. Whether that is Noyes, Roche, Tanner, Dji or Soulis.

I feel like if Hunt and Quinn are two and three then we have a lower ceiling than I would hope. I feel like we at the lease we need to have another guy - somewhat unexpected maybe - be a 10-12 ppg scorer. Whether that is Noyes, Roche, Tanner, Dji or Soulis.
Hunt and Quinn are starters, and will play a lot of minutes, so I don't see a negative if they are 2 and 3 behind King. Sure, we need others to score, but we can certainly win games and be successful if King, Hunt, and Quinn are our 3 double digit scorers. And, don't forget Bigs.

I think it'll almost certainly be King who leads us in scoring at around 15 ppg. Hunt and Quinn will be second and third, between 9-12 ppg each.
Let's go 17 for King and 10-14 each for Quinn and Hunt. I could see Bigs with 10+ as well because the minutes should be there for him.

King for sure. I’d take action on that.

The real deal is whether multiple guys can step up to be clear #2 and #3 guys who do it both consistently and efficiently. Then you start hoping for little dropoff to the other 2 starters and get some solid bench contributions.

These are all a LOT to ask of guys mostly unproven in the league, which is why I’m staying leafy with my expectations, as warned. Basically every question is yet unanswered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT