ADVERTISEMENT

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

what a thrill it was to be at the Robins Center last night for the biggest Richmond home court win in what seems like years...the house was rocking from start to finish...after stumbling out of the gate this special Spiders team battled Dayton on both ends of the court before finally taking home the hard earned win...

the physical and mental toughness of these guys is something Richmond fans haven't seen too much of over the years...the confidence is super high as it should be...you can see it so well in the offensive sets...they know they someone is going to make a winning play...last night King, Bigelow, Bailey, Hunt and Quinn, as well as, reserves Walz, Roche, and Harris all made plays that characterize winning basketball teams...

by now I'm sure most Spiders fans have enjoyed professional highlights of last night great moments...I've tried to include a few of the key defensive stops, spectacular rebounds and clutch FTs, as well as, Jordan King one on one versus DaRon Holmes for the bucket...if you make it to the end the joy of victory is very visible as the court is stormed by UR students...I'm glad I got to see it again!

ha! finally, I hope the guy from the GW game was watching Quinn on TV, or in the Robins Center...he went to the bucket often and did a great job on Holmes!

this team has now proven it can play with the best in the A-10...now comes the next challenge, wearing the bullseye on our backs...I have no doubt these guys can handle it...they've convinced me!

Go Spiders!

what a thrill it was to be at the Robins Center last night for the biggest Richmond home court win in what seems like years...the house was rocking from start to finish...after stumbling out of the gate this special Spiders team battled Dayton on both ends of the court before finally taking home the hard earned win...

the physical and mental toughness of these guys is something Richmond fans haven't seen too much of over the years...the confidence is super high as it should be...you can see it so well in the offensive sets...they know they someone is going to make a winning play...last night King, Bigelow, Bailey, Hunt and Quinn, as well as, reserves Walz, Roche, and Harris all made plays that characterize winning basketball teams...

by now I'm sure most Spiders fans have enjoyed professional highlights of last night great moments...I've tried to include a few of the key defensive stops, spectacular rebounds and clutch FTs, as well as, Jordan King one on one versus DaRon Holmes for the bucket...if you make it to the end the joy of victory is very visible as the court is stormed by UR students...I'm glad I got to see it again!

ha! finally, I hope the guy from the GW game was watching Quinn on TV, or in the Robins Center...he went to the bucket often and did a great job on Holmes!

this team has now proven it can play with the best in the A-10...now comes the next challenge, wearing the bullseye on our backs...I have no doubt these guys can handle it...they've convinced me!

Go Spiders!
Great work, Mojo.

Reactions: mojo-spider
I watched the end of the Dayton vs. St. Bonaventure game last night. Holmes scored at will and reached 34. The Bonnies had no answer. Our humble Spiders really shut him down. It was an outstanding piece of coaching.
Yeah - thought the exact same thing- it was amazing how different Holmes looked last game versus our game ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT