ADVERTISEMENT

Leading scorer in 23-24

Who will lead the Spiders in scoring for 2023-2024?

• Quinn

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • King

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Hunt

• Bailey

• Bigelow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roche

• Noyes

• someone else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gospidersgo

Team Manager
Dec 21, 2015
My choice is Quinn - I feel like he really started asserting himself later in the season last year and showed that he has the potential to be a force. Plus I think he is clear option #1 going into the year at his spot, so he will get all the minutes he can handle. I could definitely be convinced to choose Jordan King as well.

I do envision us having 5 or 6 guys bunched in the 9-13 ppg range this year though, rather than the type of season where 1 or 2 guys score the lion's share. So I would not be surprised to see many different leading scorers throughout the year. Interested to see what everyone else is thinking.

Reactions: urfan1
I think it'll almost certainly be King who leads us in scoring at around 15 ppg. Hunt and Quinn will be second and third, between 9-12 ppg each.

I feel like if Hunt and Quinn are two and three then we have a lower ceiling than I would hope. I feel like we at the lease we need to have another guy - somewhat unexpected maybe - be a 10-12 ppg scorer. Whether that is Noyes, Roche, Tanner, Dji or Soulis.

I feel like if Hunt and Quinn are two and three then we have a lower ceiling than I would hope. I feel like we at the lease we need to have another guy - somewhat unexpected maybe - be a 10-12 ppg scorer. Whether that is Noyes, Roche, Tanner, Dji or Soulis.
Hunt and Quinn are starters, and will play a lot of minutes, so I don't see a negative if they are 2 and 3 behind King. Sure, we need others to score, but we can certainly win games and be successful if King, Hunt, and Quinn are our 3 double digit scorers. And, don't forget Bigs.

I think it'll almost certainly be King who leads us in scoring at around 15 ppg. Hunt and Quinn will be second and third, between 9-12 ppg each.
Let's go 17 for King and 10-14 each for Quinn and Hunt. I could see Bigs with 10+ as well because the minutes should be there for him.

King for sure. I’d take action on that.

The real deal is whether multiple guys can step up to be clear #2 and #3 guys who do it both consistently and efficiently. Then you start hoping for little dropoff to the other 2 starters and get some solid bench contributions.

These are all a LOT to ask of guys mostly unproven in the league, which is why I’m staying leafy with my expectations, as warned. Basically every question is yet unanswered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT