ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Castlin visit

I've seen this movie before. Everyone on this board will talk about what we will look like with him on the roster and then he will chooses to go somewhere else. Y'all need to face it, we aren't getting this guy. He is going to Xavier, he wouldn't use his last year of eligibility to play for a losing team.

I've seen this movie before. Everyone on this board will talk about what we will look like with him on the roster and then he will chooses to go somewhere else. Y'all need to face it, we aren't getting this guy. He is going to Xavier, he wouldn't use his last year of eligibility to play for a losing team.
VT, in one word, your-posts-suck. There I said it.

I believe Blueitt and Macura graduate. both aer guards and XU's highest scorers. if they tell Castlin he's stepping right in for one of them on a team that was just a #1 seed? yeah, I'd bet we probably lose that one.

but I've got to think they already have big time guards ready or coming, no?

You need to get real about our basketball program. We aren't that good and we won't be until there is a change at the top. You are way too positive about Mooney and our program. I admire that positivity in some ways that even in the face of a raging dumpster fire you are still positive but it's time to face the truth. How can you honestly say we are a solid basketball program with a good coach? You can't the facts are out there to back it up. I'm not here to personally attack you I just want to ask you why you think Mooney deserves more chances.

You need to get real about our basketball program. We aren't that good and we won't be until there is a change at the top. You are way too positive about Mooney and our program. I admire that positivity in some ways that even in the face of a raging dumpster fire you are still positive but it's time to face the truth. How can you honestly say we are a solid basketball program with a good coach? You can't the facts are out there to back it up. I'm not here to personally attack you I just want to ask you why you think Mooney deserves more chances.

Don't you think this has been beaten into the ground

I am so sick of you degrading our team, I believe in the fellows. Our time is just around the corner in spite of you. Crawl back under the rock you came from.

Reactions: plydogg and Ulla1
He is visiting Richmond because he has an interest in attending Richmond. That much is self evident/obvious. Have to stay tuned to find out where he ends up going. That fits in the same category.

I'd like to ask some practical questions. And this is directly to the moderator.

In the post ulla responded to here, VT shared some opinions. They were negative but they were his opinions. Ulla's response was nothing but an attack on VT and his post. VT responds and he's the one that gets chided. Why?

People on the board have been reporting me to the moderator of late for supposedly attacking other posters. I would challenge anyone to find a post where i attacked someone. You won't. Plydogg felt I mocked him and later apologized on the board for being overly thin skinned. He was right to apologize. That said, I'll also be mindful of my tone with him in the future.

So what's the deal here? Are personal attacks OK so long as they are directed at people with a sour view of things? If VT had responded to ulla in the manner that ulla did, he'd be "on vacation" for a month and we all know it. Come on.

Last edited:
And, oh yea, we're up against Xavier and they go second. I'll take VT's side of the bet.

Hmmm, this is shaping up as a Steele Cage Match between Mooney and Travis ;):);).

This typically ends bad, BUT Mack is gone. Despite Xavier's recent dominance, I fully expect the new and improved Mooney to win this one going away. Let's do this. Bryce, Castlin, and one more contributor and we have a shot this year! Come on Mooney, it is your time, do not settle for 2nd place in this one.

Reactions: WCUR11
Moliva, I feel your pain. I too have had my knuckles wrapped with a Steele ruler by the powers that be. I am being good boy, except when provoked by posters divisible by 16, 8, 2, 32, 1,4 etc. Keep fighting the good fight. It is definitely a pro Mooney protection game on here. Watch your back sir.

Mo, fair enough, Ulla your post was a personal attack, you need to rein it in. When you respond in this manner you start the cycle of negative posts.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Mo, fair enough, Ulla your post was a personal attack, you need to rein it in. When you respond in this manner you start the cycle of negative posts.
Note fan1, I referred to the posts of the individual, not the individual. So no, it was not a personal attack. Please re read what I wrote.

Note fan1, I referred to the posts of the individual, not the individual. So no, it was not a personal attack. Please re read what I wrote.

I did, the words say posts, but the meaning is clear.

On hearing the good news, VT_Spider immediately pulled down his pants and crapped on it, mocked the posters on this board, and insulted our team.

And the moderator is defending him against Ulla1.

This board is going to get completely overrun the way things are going.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
I'm calling the cops.
Now, this gave me a very good laugh, thank you EL. I know a guy, brother-in-law to my friend - who actually went to a local police department to report his grocery store points had been stolen. This reminded me of that story.

VT is a college student, I am glad we did not have a message board when I was in college.

Ulla enjoys bullying kids I guess.

Moliva, I feel your pain. I too have had my knuckles wrapped with a Steele ruler by the powers that be. I am being good boy, except when provoked by posters divisible by 16, 8, 2, 32, 1,4 etc. Keep fighting the good fight. It is definitely a pro Mooney protection game on here. Watch your back sir.

I am glad 2011 is a prime number!

Tensions are high on both "sides" of the fan base right now. Things won't change until we make the NCAAs or Mooney is fired, and neither of those things is going to happen for at least another 330 days. I think the level of engagement on this board is at serious risk if the current atmosphere continues, but at the same time I understand the frustration felt on both "sides" and the need to vent. I don't want to tell anyone to stop posting, but people on both sides should consider maybe take a minute or 10 before hitting the reply button if they are heated while writing a comment. I know that has prevented me from posting bad/angry/instigating posts in the past.

Last edited:
9/1, I'm bringing the Jarts to Charlottesville.

Following three lawn dart-related deaths between 1970 and 1988, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned sale of the game in the United States.

If you bring them to Charlottesville it would take the local judges at least two years to decide the legality of your actions - but perhaps if you covered them with a tarp for six months it might be okay.

Taking a chance with the suitability of message board posts is a safer course of action.

I saw the amount of posts on this thread & thought ok we have a good player visiting & lot of news about it...cool. Got to check that out. After 1st post I got about a 1/3 of the way through. Not surprised. There is some value to having threads w just news.

This board used to be very informative and interesting. Now it’s like watching Fox News or MSNBC. Either full of exaggerated hyperbole about how great things are or the-sky-is-falling.
One has to search through meaningless posts to find something that borders on reality. Very sorry if that offends and is condescending.
I do worry that social media savvy college students may get the wrong impression here.

Reactions: plydogg
What I like even more is how the last two posts are complaining about not talking about the topic of the thread - unbelievable that folks can complain about something not realizing they are part of the problem.

That said, back on topic here. I like this signing if it happens, hope he has a good visit and the coaches set it up so that he happens to bump in to super fan Ulla - to show the positive support of the fan base. No matter what Steele's credentials are, I am guessing he is a step down and not as dynamic a recruiter and personality as Mack - so that works in our favor.

Reactions: ur2K
Yeah I see this a a critical time for the board before a large chunk just completely give up and leave. Civil debate is fine. "I don't think we have much chance to get him because Xavier is a much higher profile team and they have openings at his position" is very different than the broad attack against the entire message board and the team that was posted. We have some posters, like Not-A-Homer, that are capable of being critical without constantly spamming negative and inflammatory posts every time someone dare say something positive on the board.

Remember this is the same poster who posted "We Suck" after very loss this year. His condemnations against our entire message board and the team are labeled "opinions", and those calling him out are decried as engaging in personal attacks.

On hearing the good news, VT_Spider immediately pulled down his pants and crapped on it, mocked the posters on this board, and insulted our team.
seriously.
urfan1, I get everyone's frustrations. both sides do post their side over and over, myself included. but ulla started this thread with some actual recruiting info and nothing more. that's the stuff we want. but VT couldn't help but start shit again? is this what we can expect from every recruiting update posted? "we're not getting him, you're all fools for thinking we are, and if he does come then he sucks anyway"?

It is almost "inevitable" that when anyone posts what in kindness I will label "sharp" opinions and gets posted reactions in response the original poster will be "encouraged" to post more. Maintaining a sense of humor and particularly not taking oneself too seriously about message board matters makes it much easier and more enjoyable.

seriously.
urfan1, I get everyone's frustrations. both sides do post their side over and over, myself included. but ulla started this thread with some actual recruiting info and nothing more. that's the stuff we want. but VT couldn't help but start shit again? is this what we can expect from every recruiting update posted? "we're not getting him, you're all fools for thinking we are, and if he does come then he sucks anyway"?
You must be one of the few that hasn't blocked VT.

If he's serious about getting his MA - and I'd think he would be, seeing as how he graduated from Columbia - I like our chances. Our academics are far superior to Xavier's.

Reactions: gospidersgo
If he's serious about getting his MA - and I'd think he would be, seeing as how he graduated from Columbia - I like our chances. Our academics are far superior to Xavier's.
true but if the MA is the priority he stays at Columbia, no?

Reactions: KWeaver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT