ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse Pistokache - 2015 Target

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
Jesse Pitokache, a 6-3 SG from Texas and a former Charlotte commit tweeted that he's visiting us this weekend. Interesting looking player.

Wonder if he is 6'1" (as the video itself says) or 6'3" (as the title of the video says)?

I think the 6'1" was an 8th grader. I think he has a sweet shot -- a little unusual with his game -- wears his Christianty proudly. Reminds me alot of what I saw in Gonzo as a HSer.

Originally committed to Charlotte. With the coaching change there, he decommitted, like a lot of other 49er players. Some may change their minds, and agree to play for Mark Price.

Jesse sounds like a promising player, hope he enjoys his visit to UR this weekend, and receives and accepts an offer.

Looks like a scorer, knows where the basket is. His 3 point shot could be tweaked a little but he has good hand-eye coordination. Not super fast but controlled the ball well. Looks like a fit for us.

He looks like he could come in and contribute immediately. Hope we close the deal this weekend.

What a cool video and nice young man! Hope he becomes a Spider.

Jessee appears to have a strong skill-set, including: 1) outside shooting, and 2) fearlessly taking it to the rack, and 3) passing it off to others. If we offer, I am hoping he likes the "like-family atmosphere" at UR, and accepts the offer. For those who beleive that our #1 need is a 2-Guard who can score and shoot, this guy looks like a great fit, who may contribute quickly. He also does remind me of Gonzo, and that is definitely a good thing!

A likeable guy, but if a visit to UR doesn't appear heads and shoulders, above Charlotte, he's not a good fit for us. He's dead to me. I wish him luck, wherever he chooses to go.

We don't need to fill either of our scholarship openings. But if we do, it needs to be with players who can contribute, and who want to be part of the UR experience. Better to have openings, than to recruit players who have no future at UR.

Easy there, tiger. Did you expect him to sign the second he got on campus? He hasn't rejected us yet. He's still making the decision.

I understand others have offered. We'll be lucky to get him. ---- In case others mistake my comment, I liked what I saw, we got him here so we have a real shot, he is good enough that he will be a good catch, time will tell

This post was edited on 4/19 9:23 PM by URFan1

Hope he gets to talk to TJ. What a great kid. Got to meet and talk to a little while yesterday. He sure likes UR and his teammates and I am sure he will convey that enthusiasm to prospective recruits.

Jesse tweeted that his visit to UR was on Saturday. Enough said. At this time of year, yes, I'd expect an acceptance concurrent with the visit. We have a great program, far ahead of Charlotte, I'm sure we're can recruit good basketball players, who appreciate the academic opportunities we provide. Not all recruits will. If we don't sign anyone now, we'll have 6 open scholarships next year. That's a little unbalanced, but it's better than signing up recruits that aren't really committed to wearing a Spider uniform, for 4 years. We are in a very good place, as far as next season. I can't wait, but I must, don't really want to be wishing my life away.

But we're not competing with Charlotte. This is a kid who decommitted from a school and now is starting the process over. He's not going to jump at the first good offer without at least checking out a few others. I think it's totally unrealistic to believe that if he doesn't commit while he is here, he's not coming.

This post was edited on 4/19 9:46 PM by Eight Legger

I totally agree with you Eight, we can be our own worst enemy. Stop running potential teammates away before they commit. We are not the only ones reading these posts. We need to make additions to the building not tear it down.

I'm not sure why I'm responding to this stupidity but I will
He may have flown here yesterday but he didn't spend time with staff until today because Kevin Smiths wedding was yesterday. It is my understanding that Jesse now has an offer from an SEC school.

Let's just see how it all plays out. And a reminder... Diekvoss visited and committed immediately. Does that make him a great Spider?

The kid might want to talk it over with say his parents once he returns from his visits. Just have a little patience. He came for a visit, nothing more. Either side could decide it is not the best fit.

Anyone have any idea what other offers or schools are looking a Jesse?

I agree with you guys. If I was this kid, I would go to as many schools as asked me to visit. What an adventure for a young man to be wanted and get the red carpet treatment. That would be my advice to my kid in that situation. Keep your mind open and keep which way you are leaning close to the vest (hopefully red seeater vest) until you have talked to everyone and then make your final decision. Huge decision that will effect the rest of their life, take your time.

Talking about stupidity, we are nearing the end of the academic year. This kid is not beginning his odyssey to find a college to attend. He had already committed to Charlotte. Due to the coaching change, he decided to look at alternatives.

I agree he was an attractive prospect. But I'll stand by my observation, that as someone who already had committed to Charlotte, if a visit to UR didn't convince him, we were head and shoulders above Charlotte, I don't think he's a prospect.

I'd love to be wrong. Jesse can accept tomorrow, and truly, I'd have to admit to being wrong. But, I don't think, at the end of the day, Jesse cares one iota, what I think. And, I agree.

I believe Jesse's game would fit well in CM's system. I also think his unique personality would suit him better at a smaller school than a large school . But the ultimate decision is his to make. I wish him the best, even more so if he decides to become a Spider. Time will tell.

As for Chandler, I don't know what happened. He seemed to be a good prospect. I think it unusual for a kid to transfer after a redshirt freshman year. If he wasn't a good prospect, why recruit him? Why redshirt him? Does he now only have 3 years to play at college level, unless he drops down a division?

But I still stand by, my observation, that I want to see kids come to UR, that really want to be there, and not, that, at the end of the day, we were the best basketball program that would accept them. Transfers has become an epidemic and is not healthy for the sport. By all means, investigate your options, and make a decision. That should be it, in most cases.

heck, when i purchase a vehicle or even buy a suit, look at tons and take a while to decide. we drove our kids all over the country to look at colleges to give them things to ponder, expose them to new places, give them choices. to me a guy who is not deciding quickly is my kind of guy, except, maybe, the jenner girl..........
confused0024.r191677.gif

I like the looks of his game. Always hard to tell much from highlight videos, but he seems like he is an aggressive and persistent player. Hope we can land him. Article in the RTD about transfers, I do agree that with 700 transfers/year, you pretty much need to be involved. Of course Bo Ryan might disagree, but most teams need to be looking. It certainly sounds like we are in the market for someone to fill in and play right away.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/basketball/article_c2b9ed5d-750e-55eb-a56d-546d2fb49a11.html

I'm all in favor of shopping before a major purchase. But it's April, not August. Rosters are being completed. We're talking about a kid who signed a NLI, and is looking to see if there is a better alternative than Charlotte. I think UR clearly is, on most levels. But, in this case, maybe not.

I can't help but wonder, if Jamal Brunt's, departure, is jeopardizing this recruitment. If so, are there others? We need to attract a coach who can recruit, UR type prospects, as soon as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT