ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Toledo ! - 11/30 Game Thread ...

Deja vu all over again...in the process of getting run out of the gym all of a sudden. Gee, I wonder if we will make a furious comeback to get close or -- gasp! -- take the lead, only to lose by a bucket in the end??

Burton and Bigelow are off tonight. Quinn and Nelson have added nothing. Goose isn’t gonna carry the load offensively (although he’s been good today). We badly need a spark off the bench

Holy Toledo! We suck!

Seems like I say this every year, but can we get in a league where we have a decent chance to win it every year? Because nearly every year we are out of the at-large discussion IN NOVEMBER.

That offensive foul on the rebound was more an example of Richmond, Bailey not holding his ground.... get tough. IT's a box out not a stand in the way

Toledo is such an undisciplined team, it feels like we could make up a 10-point deficit in about 2 minutes. Which is about how long it took us to make up 19 against them last year.

Reactions: bongturk
Just a pathetic defensive exhibition by us, except for those 4 minutes when we trapped and pressed. If only we could figure out what type of defense we should play...

Reactions: SpiderRick
Preseason 7th? Optimistic, maybe. Realistic vs, most of us on this board (including me), certainly.

Goose had a very strong game tonight.

Nelson really needs to clean up his game. I guess it should be expected as a freshman but he’s clearly got talent so it’s more frustrating to watch.

Roche needs to play more. A lot more.

Let's see. Can't score, give up 90, turn it over too much, a green, really green point guard, poor foul shooting team. Gonna be a long year. Tribe bait.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I thought we were supposed to be better in defense this year.
Well, I thought so too. Tonight we seemed to revert to soft, get pushed right under the basket team. Not a good look. Someone noted earlier this is always a bad spot under Mooney, coming off a layoff. Seems right. My power is out, so missed some of the first half. Did not see much Quinn?

Just curious, how many shots did Quinn get? How many times did he post down low? How many times was he directed to get on the low blocks and put his hand up??????? Is this really his fault? Did he play at all in the second half? Is there such a thing as changing a non functioning offense to try to take advantage of a fairly large height discrepancy??? And people really wonder why this team is not playing well except against poor teams.

Well, I thought so too. Tonight we seemed to revert to soft, get pushed right under the basket team. Not a good look. Someone noted earlier this is always a bad spot under Mooney, coming off a layoff. Seems right. My power is out, so missed some of the first half. Did not see much Quinn?
Take heart, Spiders' power was out tonight too. Sincerely, hope you both light it up soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT