ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Toledo ! - 11/30 Game Thread ...

they shoot 3s, we foul 3s.

Let's not do that and use wing length to force some misses.

Agree on Crabtree, tough to see his minutes right now, but I do think if given the opportunity he has potential to be another shooter on the court in stretches. Maybe against smaller teams. Just has to cut down on turnovers and not get beaten on d when on the court - he had the quick hook when healthy.
Well said … that 3pt foul in the Charleston game was so painful to watch … hopefully Section9 in Row 5 behind Spiders bench tonight will be cheering more than groaning …

Turnover rate this year is the highest it has been since 2008. The team is nowhere near as good with turnovers as they normally have been under Mooney.
If we had a way to have 2020-2021 Quinn & Grace that would help.

2009 to 2022, how many times have we been in Top 10? Top 20? Top 50? It makes #168 feel really bad...

Our turnovers per game have been:

10, 11, 15, 13, 16, 13

Our 3 wins were 10, 11, 13 turnovers. The 3 losses were 13, 15, 16. All 3 losses were by one possession, and those turnovers certainly hurt us.

Our opponents have had 68 turnovers this year, so we are -9 in that department.

In our 3 losses we were -2, 0, and -10 in turnover margin.

In our 3 wins we were +2, -3, and +3 in turnover margin.

This is shaping up to be a big test. On the road. Potent offensive team. Not much defense team. Can we execute, make them grind on offense, and walk out with a win? I have been very impressed with our defense and our effort on D. We need to bring that and execute on offense, and not turn the ball over. Like Trap, I do want to see us pound the ball into Quinn some tonight.

Wonder if we see more Dji this game, defense might be key.
Not sure, but we did hold Temple to 49 with Dji only playing 5 minutes. I thought it was rather interesting that SDad tweeted "If only we had someone willing to play D" on a night when we only gave up 49 points.

All 3 losing opponents scored 55 or less, all 3 winning opponents scored 56 or more.

We are #335 in Tempo, Toledo is #19...

So let's see some shot clock violations tonight...
...not by us!

Last edited:
Not sure, but we did hold Temple to 49 with Dji only playing 5 minutes. I thought it was rather interesting that SDad tweeted "If only we had someone willing to play D" on a night when we only gave up 49 points.
I seriously want to just appreciate the effort and time you spend on this forum and writing your posts but I have no idea why you enjoy being petulant to a Dad who might just might be hoping his son has a good game tonight and the Spiders triumph ….

Last edited:
Think it’s clear we are the more talented team. Just need to stop turning the ball over. Burton is losing the ball a lot tonight even on plays that don’t end up as a turnover

I just don't get it. A talented bunch that just can't play up to potential.

Think it’s clear we are the more talented team. Just need to stop turning the ball over. Burton is losing the ball a lot tonight even on plays that don’t end up as a turnover
It's tough being talented and still losing. If we could just figure out what the problem is maybe it could be fixed.

It's tough being talented and still losing. If we could just figure out what the problem is maybe it could be fixed.
I get what you’re saying and I’m no Mooney lover, but it’s not like he’s telling the guys to go out there and throw the ball away. I expect a better second half

sleep walking..... seems to me this has been a problem everytime a spider team has come back off a break. I'm I just misremembering?

Reactions: spider23
Quinn's jump hook isn't a shot. He simply throws the ball at the basket....no touch at all
He’s got 5 inches on the guy guarding him and is shooting from 6 feet away. You’d think he’d make at least a few shots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT