ADVERTISEMENT

e tickets

spiderhawk111

Letter Winner
Jan 15, 2017
got an e mail today saying future football tickets would be e tickets instead of paper is that due to a cut back at the ticket office or just progress, ? must say i like the old way but times move on

got an e mail today saying future football tickets would be e tickets instead of paper is that due to a cut back at the ticket office or just progress, ? must say i like the old way but times move on

I'm not crazy about the plan but I believe I understand the reasoning/ Wonder what back up they will have for the inevitable failure?

i am sure they have good reason , , maybe it will be easier than it sounds, , phone apps not my best subject lol. . more and more i am thinking no spider football this year , i hope i am very wrong.

I just hope there is absolutely NO tracking of your phone, and what you do , just because you want a season ticket.

Reactions: spiderhawk111
something tells me tracking will follow, it always does , i guess i am older now , not so much into change , i liked the paper tickets, .

The logic according to the email is difficulty with paper tickets ..............ummm how about when I present my phone and the battery is dead....

.wondered why they got rid of the electronic card ......????

I just hope there is absolutely NO tracking of your phone, and what you do , just because you want a season ticket.

They will be tracking you.......can visualize it now ....watch that electronic beep ...urfan1 is getting closer and closer to Robins Stadium or Robins Center.......why did he make that stop at the Village Shopping Center?

Reactions: urfan1
How would they track you? It's just a QR code that lives on your phone. UR doesn't get any access to your phone's location.

Things have been moving this way for some time, but undoubtedly accelerated by coronavirus. Certainly helps reduce the exchange of physical items that can transmit. Also great for transferring tickets to others, as you don't have to meet up in person or send via snail mail.

How would they track you? It's just a QR code that lives on your phone. UR doesn't get any access to your phone's location.

Agree about not being able to track you ...that part of my response was tongue-in-cheek.

Do think however that there will be some unforeseen glitches as whatever method is used has pros and cons. This year main issue was often the "ticket takers" had to scan tickets numerous times in order to get them to "register".......had to be at just the right angle and right distance..................made the old method of physically ripping off ticket stub appear efficient..................

On a personal level I don't "enjoy" having my phone on my person at all times.....have no "need" to be always connected.....but this will require me to carry my phone with me to sporting events..............no big deal to most people who don't go anywhere without their phone.....

Interested in logistics - guessing this will be like the in car transponder that allows one to go through a toll point with no human contact?

Reactions: Hanca
When your battery dies, they just won't scan you like about 20% of the time now when the staff can't get the scanner to work.

if the virus is still a issue at that time, there will be no games anyway correct? but i did see scanning problems last year but i guess those glitches can be worked out.

Things have been moving this way for some time, but undoubtedly accelerated by coronavirus. Certainly helps reduce the exchange of physical items that can transmit. Also great for transferring tickets to others, as you don't have to meet up in person or send via snail mail.

OK, I trust your knowledge of these things. Today everybody wants to track where you are, what you are buying, looking at etc.

Reactions: spider fan
I have to say I am really disheartened and disappointed by this decision. Even though it will only minimally inconvenience me, there are far more people out there who don't have smart phones than people think. Also, if you don't have Verizon as your provider, having a cell phone signal on campus is hit or miss at best.

It wouldn't surprise me if, given what we think about the age of our fan base, that this causes a fair amount of angst and confusion. It may well preclude some, if not many, fans from being able to attend.

And given the state of the economy, the uncertainty when sports will resume, the hesitancy people may feel about gathering in crowds once it is permitted again, and the poor attendance at last year's football games, I don't think we should be alienating fans, or making it harder or even impossible for people to attend.

I understand the decision to go to e-ticketing. That said, it's disappointing because the Spider Football ticket package arriving in my mailbox was basically the only USPS mail i get during the entire calendar year that i was excited to receive. The rest is bills and solicitations. Bummer.

i guess you as most people chose paper tickets, and for the people who chose paper tickets and paid already that dont have a smart phone what do they do? when did owning a smart phone be a must to go to spider football game and before everyone piles on about me being behind the times i admit your right, but should this have been know earlier, to give people that choice , i guess i just dont understand turning off some of the fan base and for those who say good riddance to those who dont like it , take a look at all the empty seats , who will replace them .

Reactions: Hanca
By that time, we will all have been implanted with Bill Gates's "Windows to your Cells" vaccination chip, and the Ticket Office can just send the tickets directly to the chip - they'll just wand you in. No need for a phone.

i guess you as most people chose paper tickets, and for the people who chose paper tickets and paid already that dont have a smart phone what do they do? when did owning a smart phone be a must to go to spider football game and before everyone piles on about me being behind the times i admit your right, but should this have been know earlier, to give people that choice , i guess i just dont understand turning off some of the fan base and for those who say good riddance to those who dont like it , take a look at all the empty seats , who will replace them .
I sent email to ticket office asking about this. Was told, you can still print your tickets and bring them to the gate. If true, then the messaging around this was over the top, basically threatening that paper tickets weren't permissable moving forward. Everyone doesn't have a smart phone, I see two people virtually everyday going about there lives, attending spider events and buying season tickets for over 50 years. Neither has a smart phone and rarely check email.

I sent email to ticket office asking about this. Was told, you can still print your tickets and bring them to the gate. If true, then the messaging around this was over the top, basically threatening that paper tickets weren't permissable moving forward. Everyone doesn't have a smart phone, I see two people virtually everyday going about there lives, attending spider events and buying season tickets for over 50 years. Neither has a smart phone and rarely check email.
Thank you for your email. For our season ticket holders who do not have smart phones we will still offer print at home tickets which we email you and you print on your computer. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,

UR Athletics Ticket Office

Thanks 3gen. That makes me feel "somewhat" better though it may still be difficult to give tickets away (I've been the recipient of some of those in the past...just forwarding the image/text/whatever didn't seem to work consistently).

something tells me if you dont have a smart phone you most likely are not doing much printing at home off your computer either, that answer from the ticket office was a bit tone deaf, i know its a very small issue to most people , but with the product thats been on the field the last 3 years maybe they should just say thanks for your loyalty , and be glad folks are still buying season tickets. .

Reactions: SpiderRick
I placed my order today. Yes - realize it may never come to fruition but figured I might as well buy something that I could look forward to. At checkout the options were to select either print at home or e-tickets. Perhaps that isn’t always the case but sure seemed like the print at home option remained.

that being said, I’m disappointed at the lack of card stock printed tickets. I didn’t mind paying a premium for them and would gladly continue to do so.

Wonder if ticket office is selling kids club tickets this year. In my case grand kids.

Given a choice between cutting coaches/scholarships/ticket stock as a way to save some money, I would think all if not most of us would choose ticket stock.

As with all changes, this will cause a temporary disruption, but I personally applaud this move (but do love the cool card stock we had in the past).

Reactions: urfan1
Raise the question of why the ticket office dropped the plastic card ticket option? Think it was only offered for one or two years. Must have been some glitch with that including the possibility of losing the card? But would think that would be less costly than printing paper tickets?

We need fannies in the stands!!! I'd offer tickets in any form any fan desired even that was handwritten and signed by Hardt and Russ.

Come on. E-tickets are the way to go long term, but nurture the fans you have now who didn't grow up with a computer in their pocket that they need to look at every minute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT