ADVERTISEMENT

How Would You Market Richmond Spiders Football Tickets?

Thanks guys. I suppose adding the capacity and price to this cause celebre would read more like an Onion piece.

• Haha
Reactions: Mo 2.0
Now that’s aggressive!

Go Spiders!
Looks like $1,285 solo air & hotel.
$260 x4 if just hotel and 4 people in a room.

However, having a website and promoting it on whatever the Social media is now, seems professional.

Looks like $1,285 solo air & hotel.
$260 x4 if just hotel and 4 people in a room.

However, having a website and promoting it on whatever the Social media is now, seems professional.
Think UCF is in Orlando. Things have changed in 50 years.

Ha! Had to ask my father for a $100 loan to make a two night road trip with a bunch of frat brothers to the 71 Tangerine Bowl. Of course it took us 12 hours to drive down and back in a Plymouth Duster and Toledo waxed us, but the memories of a good road trip last forever!

Go Spiders!

CAMPBELL may be ready also given you disrespected them with that lower case stuff.
Looking forward to that game…we know pretty much what the Indians bring back, but more interested in how Coach Minter has meshed all those transfers into his team.

I expect Buies Creek will be rocking for the Camels CAA debut.

Go Spiders!

Reactions: URTOM68 and whampas
Summary of this season's promos:

Reads like a 1980s PowerPoint presentation.Void of any appeal or imagination .Amateurish.Comes across like a giant run-on sentence.

I wonder how season tickets are selling given our lack of Marketing capabilities and Salesmanship.

Last edited:
Reactions: URTOM68
at this morning's kickoff breakfast 2023 football posters were available to attendees...the poster reminded me of an ancient, old fashioned football marketing approach...

get a Richmond football poster in the front window, or bulletin board of local businesses...it includes the schedule...dates etc.

target local businesses that attract football fans and value UR customers... breweries, restaurants, barber shops etc.

ha! don't get out as much as I used to, does Bernie's sub shop at Tuckahoe Shopping Center have a UR football poster?

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
The only marketing strategy now is to give away all tickets and even then it wouldn't be a sellout
Lost to Morgan St AT HOME. How's that for a marketing billboard?

So went to my first VA St. Va Union game yesterday...and had an absolute blast with 15k other fans. Hard to believe a D2 game could draw that many fans, but sad to see two lower division schools blow us out of the water when it comes to attendance. And VUU is half our size. I get there are other metrics at play as well that helped boost the crowd, but was sad to see we haven't matched that intensity in some time.

We haven't played in an atmosphere like that since city stadium.

With Elon coming up, is there any push to try and make this a great crowd by our athletic department?

Marketing for the playoff game should not start after Selection Sunday. A good marketing program is a year long process. Once again, Hardt’s department should enlist alumni with community wide relationships to participate. Who on the athletic staff is in charge of marketing and sales? And what background in the community do these folks have?

I remember we brought in an expert to improve attendance at our basketball games. They actually were responsible for the 4 video boards and removing some seats. But their results were positive.
It makes no sense why W&M has greater attendance than we do. We have a large city and metropolitan area that we should be drawing from.
Obviously we don’t know what we’re doing

Reactions: SpiderLaw
I remember we brought in an expert to improve attendance at our basketball games. They actually were responsible for the 4 video boards and removing some seats. But their results were positive.
It makes no sense why W&M has greater attendance than we do. We have a large city and metropolitan area that we should be drawing from.
Obviously we don’t know what we’re doing

No sense? Football is #1 there, basketball # 1 here. And they r more than twice our size. With a much higher % coming from VA. FCS doesn’t draw a large qty of casual fans. U need more direct connections to school. They have conservatively a quarter million more connections when u factor in grads employees & grad families.

Annap and GK
You both make points the ticket office needs to address. Most of the stores around Merchants Square had WM football schedule posters in front windows in early August. Anyone spot any UR posters at any store near Libbie and Grove, the Three Chopt Shopping Center, River Road Shopping Center, Libbie and Patterson?
Games at City Stadium drew local football people who wanted to see live games in a nice fall day and were walk ups. The interest was there.
It seems the athletic dept has discouraged attendance since the on campus move. There is no local buzz to create interest. Seems no marketing at all. I used to be a season ticket holder and I may have but don’t really recall receiving and emails to encourage me to re-up.
One of my more memorable classes was in the tower of Ryland Hall taught by a well known general assembly lobbyist and political consultant. A big lesson he taught was that In marketing, always build on strength. No one working for Bud Light was in the class…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT