ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic Department Leadership

Nov 24, 2012
Athletic Director Gill should have been kicking off last night' football signing event. The invisible man.

Clean off your glasses. He was there the entire time and was one of the last to leave before going down to womens game. I was one of the last people to speak to him upstairs. The AD has never been at the podium in the basketball or football signing party. Not sure what you are getting at.

a good AD is not one who hogs the spotlight off his coaches. there are times when the AD is up to bat and then is when he or she should shine. not exactly sure what some of you feel is the role but personally don't feel it is taking over the podium, the spotlight, that is for the players the coaches.

+1 web spinner. IMO Keith Gill is a good AD and I think has the chance to be a great AD. I'd rather see and not hear from him anyhow. I see him at almost all our home games and saw him last week at VDU cheering on the Spiders.

Great call guys, not sure why the criticism of Gill. He should only be heard when there is a coaching hire or, god forbid, a problem.

Agree that when things are running along smoothly, you'll "see" an AD and staff rather than "hear" them. That's a good thing. Gill was at LAX game Sat. Not sure about the 2 BB games. If folks expect the AD to be at every sporting event during the week, doubt he'd get any other work done. Let's not create issues when there aren't any. And if you have an issue, feel free to email him or anyone on that staff directly.

He was at both BB games. I noticed him because he seemed to have his family with him.

He was at the men's game. We shook hands and talked for a minute. He is a nice guy and I have no reason to think he is not doing a good job.

To go back to his school I would wish him well. The new Pres may well want his guy anyway.

taking a new position in one's field is not tossing your current employer under a bus, what is up with that? when UR goes out to fill any position they can do it from inside or look outside. when looking outside, which is typically the case, they are taking someone from another institution. should we consider ourselves as helping, enabling, a person to toss their current school under a bus? if people did not move to better jobs, we would be stuck with whatever we have or not fill positions, moving is part of the deal for all of us.

No kidding. If Duke wants our athletic director one day, I would say that's a pretty good reflection of the guy!

I have spoken to the AD several times, personally I think he is a great guy. He is present at the Spider Club pregame functions and gladly gives his time to discuss Spider Athletics. Other than being a Dallas Cowboys fan I can not find any faults with him.

his other fault, besides the cowboys, can't figure out how he got through the process with that around his neck, is that one of our posters actually approached him to complain about the minutes that TJ was getting and got nowhere with him. how could he not agree about that? what is wrong with him, is he blind? how dare him diss one of us when we certainly know more than the coaches. am amazed at how he fooled the search committee and ended up with this job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT