ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Maine

I totally agree that Cam should remain the starter but still think there will be times Kyle will and should have a package of plays for short yardage. The job of our staff now becomes to game plan for more of a pocket passer which should not be hard as Udenski was very similar in that he got the ball out quick but was mobile enough to keep defenses honest. The vision to see the field and making quick decisions is the key. Cam seems to have this skill and it should only improve as he gets more comfortable. I was most impressed with his ability to make positive plays when his primary receiver was not open. The yards after catch can also be attributed to him getting the ball quickly to receivers in stride.

Yes, I don’t think there is a situation where you sit him.

However I thought this game was 1 of 4, and with 5 games left, I assumed you looked at doing that after the next loss.

Yes, I don’t think there is a situation where you sit him.

However I thought this game was 1 of 4, and with 5 games left, I assumed you looked at doing that after the next loss.
He's played 2 of 4.

Throw the redshirts in the trash. Why would you want to "save" a year with a player that's ready, just so he can use it somewhere else? Let's face it, if they're really good they will move on (Coby Turner). Let Coleman play. If this was a flash in the pan, then we can look at Wickersham again

Throw the redshirts in the trash. Why would you want to "save" a year with a player that's ready, just so he can use it somewhere else? Let's face it, if they're really good they will move on (Coby Turner). Let Coleman play. If this was a flash in the pan, then we can look at Wickersham again
I have already said I can’t see a situation this season, given the facts.

But if we were 0-6 and a freshman WR, RB, Or QB comes In and plays phenomenally. I would be looking for the best game to sit him out… extra year and 4-7 vs no extra year and 5-6…

Completely agree. Redshirting players is a pasttime that needs to be extinct.

We'll only train the kids up for the benefit of bigger schools.

Yep, play him the rest of the way and then wish him well at UVA the next few years. I kid, I kid. I think.

These are the same thoughts and concerns that I asked RH at the kickoff breakfast before camp. He didn't seem concerned about incoming freshman(NIL) or upper classmen leaving(portal) . Will some one explain to me the rules on leaving. is there a rule on the number of years of enrollment, before one leaves?

Nope.

As long as they adhere to the windows when they can enter the portal (30 days in ~December after the season ends and another 15 days in April), they can transfer at any point in their careers. Grad transfers can go portaling at any time.

Reactions: urfan1
As much as the transfer rules can be frustrating; it’s up to coaches to adapt. If you are consistently getting kids to power 5 schools, use it to your advantage when recruiting. Come here and play early rather than ride the bench for 2 or 3 years at a power 5. Just keep replenishing with the best players you can get.

Or maybe…freaking start winning! Have to imagine kids are a lot less likely to transfer if we’re playing deep into the postseason (deep meaning making at the semi finals) and winning a lot of games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT