ADVERTISEMENT

2024–25 schedule

Or maybe one of the many MTEs out there will drop to 3 teams, eliminate their MTE and join the Gulf Coast one.

Look at my post above yours. u don't even have to get a MTE to drop from 4 to 3. There are many that are 3 teams. Probably easier. I imagine its hard to kick someone out or drop voluntarily. The advantage would be the # of games on schedule would match up. Obviously obstacles with both which is why it's almost October and we don't know what is going on.

Absorbing another 3-team/2-game MTE is definitely problematic from the game count issue alone...all of those teams are likely to be at 31 games already and thus would have to drop another game somewhere to be able to move to a 3-game MTE.

I do love the live countdown on the Gulf Coast Showcase website ticking down by the second...it's like a doomsday clock. Under 60 days to go now!

if any of those 3 team MTE's fit our schedule, we should be contacting them to see if they'd like to add us.
we'd do the GCS a favor bringing them to 4 teams, plus we might get better games. in any case, we'd have clarity.

But again if any team in one of those 3 team MTE teams are already at 31 games, they cannot add us without dropping a game. So if it presents issues for them, why would they want that at this stage? The ripple effect seems like a hassle, when we and our dumb MTE are the idiots without games.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
if any of those 3 team MTE's fit our schedule, we should be contacting them to see if they'd like to add us.
we'd do the GCS a favor bringing them to 4 teams, plus we might get better games. in any case, we'd have clarity.

It’s the same issue that way. Works for us in theory but those 3 teams may not be able to add a 3rd game to their schedules by adding a 4th team. It’s an option to consider just unlikely unless all teams have opening. We’ll see.

Plus have u looked at those 3 teamer MTEs that r scheduled at same time? Check blogging the bracket. They’re worse. It’s hard to imagine we can weaken our ooc schedule but it would. I do think the team deserves more of a destination trip too for long season.

I have Florida Southwestern State College teed up for a fee.

Granted it might be Florida Southwestern State College’s intramural team. They just have to be the “host”. Exhibition games for them sort of like Mt. Olive.

My backup is setting up a LLC for all my old carpet gymers from UR. It’s like when my friend set up a fake charity so he could hire a professional beer truck for a party. Be resourceful!

no, I'm saying the 3 team MTEs that are just playing each other would become a 4 team MTE where the winners play each other for a championship and the losers play each other for 3rd. they all still just play 2 games.

Reactions: urfan1
no, I'm saying the 3 team MTEs that are just playing each other would become a 4 team MTE where the winners play each other for a championship and the losers play each other for 3rd. they all still just play 2 games.

Sure then we lose 1 game, weaken an already bad ooc, and travel to like Houston Christian or South Alabama.

Are there 3 team 2 game MTEs where the 3 teams have a d2/3 game?

Tell them join Gulf Coast and replace d2/3 game with a 3rd MTE game.

I see spiderman’s point here

We already have ONLY 2 games in our trash MYE.

Join a better 3 team MTE (like Kentucky’s) as the 4th team and make it a mini tournament. get 1 bad game and (assuming a win in game 1) get a good game vs Kentucky. Still also only 2 games. A wash at present.

We din’t lose any games in this scenario and in theory could add 1 more game if anyone decent has a slot.

I see spiderman’s point here

We already have ONLY 2 games in our trash MYE.

Join a better 3 team MTE (like Kentucky’s) as the 4th team and make it a mini tournament. get 1 bad game and (assuming a win in game 1) get a good game vs Kentucky. Still also only 2 games. A wash at present.

We din’t lose any games in this scenario and in theory could add 1 more game if anyone decent has a slot.

I think the assumption is at minimum the Gulf Coast will do something to at least add 1 team for 3 games although it could be me u bullseye shooter spider23, 8legs1dream & his avatar, spiderman and & his boy Jared Grasso.

The Kentucky MTE dates don't match up.

• Haha
Are there 3 team 2 game MTEs where the 3 teams have a d2/3 game?

Tell them join Gulf Coast and replace d2/3 game with a 3rd MTE game.

No because in order for an a d2/d3 team to be part of any MTE they have to be the "host" team like a Chaminade does. Of course, this relies on NCAA rules which everyone breaks without repurcussions anyway.

I think the assumption is at minimum the Gulf Coast will do something to at least add 1 team for 3 games although it could be me u bullseye shooter spider23, 8legs1dream & his avatar, spiderman and & his boy Jared Grasso.

The Kentucky MTE dates don't match up.

BoardManGetsPaid_BreakingT_shirt.jpg

Reactions: urfan1
No because in order for an a d2/d3 team to be part of any MTE they have to be the "host" team like a Chaminade does. Of course, this relies on NCAA rules which everyone breaks without repurcussions anyway.
I think he means D2/D3 teams on their regular schedules, not in the MTE. Ditch that to free up a slot to move up to a 3-game MTE.

Probably have to buy off the D2/D3 school and way too many moving parts required to be feasible, but yeah, it's an idea.

I think he means D2/D3 teams on their regular schedules, not in the MTE. Ditch that to free up a slot to move up to a 3-game MTE.

Probably have to buy off the D2/D3 school and way too many moving parts required to be feasible, but yeah, it's an idea.
Yes, not likely, but technically possible.

More likely than having a double header of 2 games with 5 teams and no one sitting out…

Why didn’t I think of this before? We need to put M.C. Escher in charge of scheduling this MTE…

I'm sure the Gulf Coast folks are trying to get another team to join. Problem is it is September 26th and they haven't yet, and every day that goes by, the chances of them finding someone gets less. And as well all know the product they are trying to sell is not very appealing.

Gotcha. I alluded to that possibility of dropping a game earlier too. & the d2/d3 drop would make most sense plus many teams have them scheduled. Easiest to drop with likely a minimal buyout. But yeah, too many moving parts. It's not 1 team in that scenario, but 3. And they would be giving up a home game. To me its worth it but there r some posters adamant we require X amount of home games for the fanbase to play your Mt. Olives. Those teams could feel the same. I think a $$ incentive could possibly sway it but what $ does the Gulf Coast have or it means UR and the 4 others subsidizing it.

Not dismissing what urfan1 heard but all options lead back to the highest likelihood of just 1 team from anywhere joining to make it 6 teams. gotta figure something out.

Hardt is gonna step in and offer a 5 for 1 deal to Bucknell (5 in Lewisboro so both GK and student17 get mad) to jump in and save us, forgetting that we already play them.

I still want that 5 for 1 deal! 5 at the RC of course. Bring it on student17. 250% better than the 2-1 we apparently already gave em. Worst case they can equally replace a number of teams we play at home every year - this year it’s about all of them. But a great futures ticket to hold if Bucknell gets close to the Bucknell of old.

Walsh successor in charge

The men’s bball staff have always run point on scheduling. They r not putting the deputy AD who is a little over a year into the job “in charge” of scheduling for the flagship program. It’s not football with few ooc games and done years in advance. Many on bball & AD staff touch it and I’m sure Butler also handles logistics & some contractual items but he’s not choosing the games. Everyone loves to pass the buck for Mooney.

He doesn’t do the scheduling, but obviously he has to agree to it.
So, if they try to schedule teams that don’t want to play us what are we to do?
He is the captain of the ship, the buck should stop with him. If the person that he has delegated a task as vitally important as scheduling to fails then he has failed.

But keep making excuses even though there's no need anyway since there is no accountability within the athletic department in the first place.

Gulf Coast Showcase folks forgot to put the little stamped RSVP return envelopes in 3 of the invites they sent out for the tourney (to Arkansas, Villanova and Florida St. I'm sure.) So those 3 teams couldn't find a way to RSVP and here we are at 5 teams.*

**variation on GK's fax machine/paper joke from weeks back, and all the subsequent iterations of that

cant be shocked we are programmed to not be completely shocked. that said 5 for vcu and 0 for Richmond I don't think is right. Think we deserved 1. But I tried to warn u guys about VCU being the favorite. Obviously they will lean to marquee matchups and base off projections, tho they do miss.

My feeling is the network folks at espn pushed for VCU. Good luck with those that feel like we still have better shot at the BE than VCU. who's corner will the networks be in? In this case tho that's where I think the A10 as a conference needs to exert more for the membership overall.

VCU is just close to a sure thing (but not in a Nicollete Sheridan way). 25-9 vs. UR under Moon, the ncaas, they've been in the A10 final 8 out of 11 times which is insane. We're batting 3 for 18 under Moon. While Richmond puts resources to mens hoops I still feel like we missed going "all in" & these r unfortunate reminders we get often. Really the only way to change that vcu ur perception is on the court.
Not everyone has VCU as the favorite…

Reactions: spiderman
He is the captain of the ship, the buck should stop with him. If the person that he has delegated a task as vitally important as scheduling to fails then he has failed.

But keep making excuses even though there's no need anyway since there is no accountability within the athletic department in the first place.
You like to find fault though others rejected your premise . And, you
didn’t answer the question. If teams don’t want to play us what are we to do
about it? Maybe we should put up billboards around the country- “IS YOUR SCHOOL AFRAID TO PLAY US?”
We’ll make you honorary Captain Billboard, going around putting them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT