ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 Schedule News

Or, going 24-7, 14-4 in the A-10, beating the Big Ten regular season champs, winning 9 of your last 10, then having the season cut short and hearing on our own message board how we just can't make the dance all off season?
Now do the other 9 years since 2011 and maybe you get while people are getting tired of us not meeting expectations. Also, we were on the bubble last year, given Mooney's illustrious track record of A-10 tournament play an NCAA bid was far from a foregone conclusion.

So, your argument is hey we probably would have made it the one year that tourney got cancelled, so you folks should be happy. Ok, sure.

Let's just have Mooney perform to expectations for once this year and if he does, he will get some of the praise the thin skin of his supporters so desperately want from him.

I'm not lowering the bar. this team HAS to dance. the entire reason 4 super seniors "put off" starting the next stage of their lives is for this opportunity to do something special. you don't get this year back. I'm just not taking it for granted that they WILL dance. and the team better not either.

Now do the other 9 years since 2011 and maybe you get while people are getting tired of us not meeting expectations. Also, we were on the bubble last year, given Mooney's illustrious track record of A-10 tournament play an NCAA bid was far from a foregone conclusion.

So, your argument is hey we probably would have made it the one year that tourney got cancelled, so you folks should be happy. Ok, sure.

Let's just have Mooney perform to expectations for once this year and if he does, he will get some of the praise the thin skin of his supporters so desperately want from him.
I just would like to know how we lost in the first round. To Duquesne. And how we just accept being mediocre. Losing to Delaware, St.Joseph, Duquesne...

Reactions: 97spiderfan
I had seen this and believe it to be accurate.
2014-2015 to 2019-2020

"The 18-game era total regular season standings:

81 - 27 Dayton
73 - 35 VCU
72 - 36 St. Bonaventure
72 - 36 Rhode Island
69 - 39 Davidson
61 - 47 Richmond
48 - 60 George Washington
45 - 63 Saint Louis
43 - 65 Duquesne
43 - 65 George Mason
42 - 66 Saint Joseph's
42 - 66 La Salle
37 - 71 Massachusetts
28 - 80 Fordham"

Not sure where to ask this, but anyone know if they have any packages for the bahamas games? I only saw a place to buy tickets.

Not sure where to ask this, but anyone know if they have any packages for the bahamas games? I only saw a place to buy tickets.

13 - not packages per se but they do have a special hotel rate at https://bahamarhoops.com/ for the Grand Hyatt. Go to Fan Information and just use the Book Now link for the hotel. Next to tickets so maybe you've seen that too. But it will open a fan block rate if you do it for sometime that week. Much better rate than if you tried to book on Hyatt independently. I kinda doubt I'll end up going but I've entertained it too.

Reactions: spiders13
I laughed at this line from the site:

"The Spiders were one of the “last teams out” of last season’s NCAA Tournament despite having wins over Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Loyola-Chicago."

I mean, I didn't think we were THAT far from making the tournament...

Anyone else hear they may have to move the Bahamas tournament because of travel restrictions? I heard it may be moved to South Dakota lol. Covid is rampant in the Bahamas now

The CDC raised the Bahamas to Level 4 "do not travel" status a few days ago, but it's still almost three months away, so things could be very different by then. Haven't seen anything about a potential move, but while they may be looking at options in case they do have to change plans, it doesn't seem like they need to make a decision right away.

South Dakota would presumably mean Sioux Falls. There's already an MTE there November 22-24 that would conflict with moving the Nassau Championship scheduled for the same dates, but our 26-28 dates might be okay. There's also the Battle 4 Atlantis at Paradise Island scheduled for 24-26, which could be affected.

South Dakota has a statewide covid positivity percentage of 17%. The governor thinks covid is fake. I seriously doubt any tournament will be moving there, unless the goal is to infect a bunch of teams.

That's what I thought last year, and yet they made SD one of the major early season bubbles.

My source works for Kemper Sports and was talking to the woman in charge of the tournament. They are considering a change. We shall see.

Wow, five Friday night ESPN games, most or all on ESPN2.

VCU, (GW), SLU, Dayton, and Bona to close it out...double wow.

Reactions: urfan1
We have no scheduling excuses for not making the NCAA's this year. Both our OOC and conference schedule have a plethora of opportunities for high quality wins. Really tough 5 game stretch to close the season. I like that though, Mooney's team are usually at their best at the end of the year.

Wow, five Friday night ESPN games, most or all on ESPN2.

VCU, (GW), SLU, Dayton, and Bona to close it out...double wow.
What am I seeing different?

I thought both SBU games, SLU, VCU, and Davidson?
SBU 2x UR, VCU, SLU, Duquesne?

What am I seeing different?

I thought both SBU games, SLU, VCU, and Davidson?
SBU 2x UR, VCU, SLU, Duquesne?
Those were two separate thoughts in my post. In the second part, I was highlighting the last five games of our schedule, four of which are likely to be big.

Those were two separate thoughts in my post. In the second part, I was highlighting the last five games of our schedule, four of which are likely to be big.
Maybe I shouldn't have stopped reading after Bona...

That will teach me not to try to finish fast and go back to work...

Last edited:
Reactions: SFspidur
Meant to address the mentions of "NBC Universal" on the schedule and here. NBCSN is shutting down by the end of this year, and NBC hasn't totally decided where its sports programming will end up.

Much of it will move to USA, while some will be streaming on Peacock. There haven't really been any updates on the plans since the shutdown was announced in January, so I guess it's still a work in progress.

Schedule for the Charlotte Shootout on 12/17...

1:30 PM ET - East Carolina vs. Liberty (ESPN+)
4:00 PM ET - Virginia Tech vs. St. Bonaventure (ESPN2)
6:30 PM ET - North Carolina State vs. Richmond (ACC Network)
9:00 PM ET - Wake Forest vs. Charlotte (ACC Network)

Reactions: urfan1
Has anyone seen any info on TV for the Bahamas tournament? Our website doesn't show anything and couldn't find anything about TV on the tournament website.

Full TV details haven't been announced. Both Louisville and Mississippi St. are saying their first-round matchup will be on CBS Sports Network, but don't know if they're planning to pick up all four games of the tournament.

Seems the Bahamas stuff is still a go for now, but worth watching. Looks like Maui Invite is moving to Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT