ADVERTISEMENT

2024–25 schedule

giphy.webp

I'm all for a little Twitter engagement with other accounts and Richmond bball isn't bad at that. But this one is a little ironic. Hello McFly...McFly anybody home? All the teams in the Gulf Coast haven't been announced yet nor our first opponent.
All the teams in the Gulf Coast have indeed been announced, and that's the problem. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
If there will be only 5 teams in the MTE, we should play 3 games in the "tourney", also play the one team we don't play at some point, and call the D3 game an exhibition.

Reactions: urfan1
Again, we can't play 3 games in a 5-team MTE. It either needs to drop to 2 games or they need to get it to an even number of teams for the math to work.

If the Mount Olive game were to be made exhibition, we would have to move the date. Those games have to occur before the first allowable regular season date (11/4).

Just to highlight how wacky this exhibition game stuff is...

The D-I rules have a floating date for the first allowed game, which is the first Tuesday before the second Friday of November, unless that date is Election Day in which case you can play on Monday. So for this year, it's 11/4. Exhibition games exempted from your max game limit must take place prior this date.

The D-III rules have a fixed date for the first allowed regular-season game, which is November 8, with only exhibitions/scrimmages allowed before that.

Mount Olive is playing UNCW on 11/4 and us on 11/6, which means they are required to be regular-season games for us and UNCW but exhibition games for Mount Olive.

The way the calendar lines up next year, D-I will have 11/11 as the first permissible regular season game date, after the D-III start date, so the way these games have to be counted or scheduled changes.

Don't forget as well - NCAA Is allowing exhibitions for charity this year. So maybe this leads to less scheduling of D2 and D3 schools. Example - Arkansas and coach Cal are playing Kansas as an exhibition on October 25th.

I see this potentially being used by P5 schools as a way to play each other, get a good game, but if they lose - it doesn't count. It gives them a good barometer of what they need to work on instead of playing cupcakes, but no down side if they lose.

Ridiculous that we didn't get any Friday night games after finishing 1st in the regular season last year
I think the national perception around us is going to be lower than we'd think, mostly because we lost our four best players from last year. Very few, if any media outlets are predicting us to finish in the top-six of the A10, and I'm expecting that we'll be picked somewhere between 7-9 in the preseason poll.

As for the schedule, agreed that it looks to be a cushy start (GW, @UMass, Rhody, @Bona in the first 5 games is pretty nice). That final 4 game stretch is brutal though and it's very possible that we won't be favored to win any of those games come February. Really, the entirety of February should be really chalemging outside of the Fordham and La Salle back to back.

I think the national perception around us is going to be lower than we'd think, mostly because we lost our four best players from last year. Very few, if any media outlets are predicting us to finish in the top-six of the A10, and I'm expecting that we'll be picked somewhere between 7-9 in the preseason poll.
Still, I think we should be given the benefit of the doubt. The new college landscape comes with a lot of turnover in terms of players leaving/entering, which doesn't mean we won't be good. In fact, we showed last year that we can have immediate success with impactful transfers year 1.

Well if we can manage a gaudy record by mid Feb those Saint Joe’s,VCU, Dayton games will give the team the chance to prove it is legit. Before an inevitable GooMoos collapse game bc we cut down nets at UD arena
You know, at the time the net cut didn't get me too stirred up but looking back on it and especially knowing now how the season would play out kind of pisses me off

Reactions: Spiders4ever

cant be shocked we are programmed to not be completely shocked. that said 5 for vcu and 0 for Richmond I don't think is right. Think we deserved 1. But I tried to warn u guys about VCU being the favorite. Obviously they will lean to marquee matchups and base off projections, tho they do miss.

My feeling is the network folks at espn pushed for VCU. Good luck with those that feel like we still have better shot at the BE than VCU. who's corner will the networks be in? In this case tho that's where I think the A10 as a conference needs to exert more for the membership overall.

VCU is just close to a sure thing (but not in a Nicollete Sheridan way). 25-9 vs. UR under Moon, the ncaas, they've been in the A10 final 8 out of 11 times which is insane. We're batting 3 for 18 under Moon. While Richmond puts resources to mens hoops I still feel like we missed going "all in" & these r unfortunate reminders we get often. Really the only way to change that vcu ur perception is on the court.

• Sad
As for the schedule, agreed that it looks to be a cushy start (GW, @UMass, Rhody, @Bona in the first 5 games is pretty nice). That final 4 game stretch is brutal though and it's very possible that we won't be favored to win any of those games come February. Really, the entirety of February should be really chalemging outside of the Fordham and La Salle back to back.
I’m not sure @GMU and @SBU are easy or are trap games…

Reactions: gospidersgo
Dayton 5
VCU 5
St Louis 4
St Joe's 4
Loyola 2
Davidson 1
St Bona 1
I can see Dayton and VCU getting preferred slots.
but what the heck has Joe's done to get 4? when's the last time they were over .500 in conference????

I get they're projected to be solid this year. so give them 2. certainly not 4.

I’m most surprised on how Davidson managed to get into the Battle 4 Atlantis and a game on Friday night A10 this year with a record of 15-17 and 13th seed in the A10 last year.

Reactions: MDspider8
Again, we can't play 3 games in a 5-team MTE. It either needs to drop to 2 games or they need to get it to an even number of teams for the math to work.

If the Mount Olive game were to be made exhibition, we would have to move the date. Those games have to occur before the first allowable regular season date (11/4).
Put each team in a "hat" 4xs, start with team 1 and random draw until you get 3 different teams to play, repeat until all have 3 different opponents to play. Not a true tourney but each team gets 3 games. If you wanted could do wins and margins of victory to choose the champion.

When do tickets go on sale - now that the OOC has been sent, or do we generally wait for the A10 slate as well before giving away single game tickets?

Single-game tickets and mini-plans go on sale in October.

Who was saying we need to release the ooc schedule for ticket sales?

It may be a factor some places but it’s really not at Richmond.

Or maybe the ticket office threw up their hands after the schedule came out & was like screw that nothing gonna work.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Put each team in a "hat" 4xs, start with team 1 and random draw until you get 3 different teams to play, repeat until all have 3 different opponents to play. Not a true tourney but each team gets 3 games. If you wanted could do wins and margins of victory to choose the champion.
Imagine each game has 2 "slots", 1 for the home team and 1 for the away team. For 5 teams to play 3 games each we would need 15 "slots", which mean 7.5 games. Not really possible. Some team would have to play 2 or 4 games to make the total "slots" even.

Last edited:
Imagine each game has 2 "slots", 1 for the home team and 1 for the away team. For 5 teams to play 3 games each we would need 15 "slots", which mean 7.5 games. Not really possible. Some team would have to play 2 or 4 games to make the total "slots" even.

split all 5 teams into individual players and then conduct a fantasy draft to make 4 teams and then have the tournament 😁

Reactions: fan2011
IF teams 1A, 2B. 3C. 4D and 5E. 1 plays BCD, 2 plays AED, 4 plays ABE, 4 plays CAB and 5 plays CDE. I think each team plays 3 games feel free to check me. Then set rules for who wins tourney, eg wins and margins.

The first thing I see is you have 5 playing E. But, why do u need both numbers and letters there anyway? Just using numbers would have been fine, and had you done that, it would have been easier to see you had 5 playing 5.

The first thing I see is you have 5 playing E. But, why do u need both numbers and letters there anyway? Just using numbers would have been fine, and had you done that, it would have been easier to see you had 5 playing 5.

& he's got team 2 or is it team B (?? lol I agree a little confusing) playing 4 teams. Also team 4 is listed twice but i assume the first team 4 is meant to be 3.

It can't be done. not in 3 days or repeating games. Our two biggest data guys SF and fan2011 have already spoken on this. Lock it.

But that's ok urfan1 you are still the 1...or 1A

Joe Lunardi just got a raise from U of R hoops to analyze and check all our work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT