ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 Schedule News

Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize this, but the Bahamas tournament is actually a six-team MTE with each team playing three games, although only four teams are going to the Bahamas to play two games each there.

Our Hofstra game is a campus round of the tournament, and the Pride will also be playing at Maryland. Meanwhile, Detroit Mercy will be playing at Lousiville and Mississippi State, and then Hofstra and Detroit will play each other at Hofstra as their third games for the tournament.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter for our scheduling purposes, because the max number of games is 31, regardless of whether your MTE includes two or three games.

It’s how you get to 31 games.

If you don’t participate in an MTE, you can only play 29 games. If you’re in a 2-game MTE, you can play 29 plus the two for a total of 31. If you’re in a 3-game MTE, you can play 28 plus the three, again for a total of 31.

Having to play #167 Hofstra to get Maryland and Louisville is lot better than many tournaments we have been in. Too often have to play 2 teams #320-350…
Agreed, we usually have to take two little sisters of the poor home games with these MTE's, so this is great. Hofstra though has had Mooney's number, so this has trap game written all over it.

He just meant it's part of the package for the tournament, not that the outcome of the game means anything for our matchups. In the past it's been two crappy games for two good games, but this is one mediocre game for two good games.

He just meant it's part of the package for the tournament, not that the outcome of the game means anything for our matchups. In the past it's been two crappy games for two good games, but this is one mediocre game for two good games.
Ahh I got you. That was my original point as well though.
I’m more okay with Hostfra given it is part of a great tournament.

Hofstra gave up a late, tying three in regulation, lost to Houston in overtime, and did all of that without Jalen Ray.

Last edited:
Houston gave up a late, tying three in regulation, lost to Houston in overtime, and did all of that without Jalen Ray.
Houston lost to Houston in OT? ;) Don't you love autocorrect?

LOL. Thanks. And, not sure why Jalen Ray would be at a Houston intrasquad scrimmage anyway. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT