12/18 @ W&M
12/21 vs. VMI
TBD @ Charlotte
TBD vs. FGCU

Rumored/mentioned but not confirmed by media outlet:
TBD @ Auburn

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
without looking too hard, I'm having a tough time seeing their 9 teams that finished inside the top 125.
good games with Colorado State and New Mexico. a decent game vs BC. a good MTE. that's all I see.

They're counting all 6 of the possible opponents in the MTE, but they obviously can only play a max of 3 of those. (Vandy at 202 is the only team in their MTE that was not in the top 125 last year.)

22 - New Mexico
34 - Nevada (MTE)
36 - Colorado State
39 - Florida Atlantic (MTE)
47 - Drake (MTE)
67 - Seton Hall (MTE)
81 - Boston College
101 - Miami (MTE)
123 - Oklahoma State (MTE)

VCU's schedule certainly isn't flashy with big names but one where if enough of the teams they play end up meeting or even slightly exceeding expectations, they can have several Q2 wins. BC and any 3 of these teams from the MTE (Drake, Florida Atlantic, Miami, Nevada, OK State, Seton Hall, Vanderbilt) can be Q2 if they have a decent to above-average year. Vandy and Drake possibly being Q3. Then Colorado State will be at least a Q2 at home and at New Mexico will be at least a Q2 away and likely Q1. So that's 6 games at least that have strong potential to be Q2.

Also, they play against teams where they have a realistic shot of beating each one (not like scheduling at UConn or something where winning will be very hard). So I'm sure there vision was going 11-2 OOC with several Q2 wins and a NET better than 75 going into A10 play. A10 will be stronger this year with likely more opportunities for Q1 and Q2 games than last year.

I wouldn't mind this kind of schedule for us either. Not really any major flashy names but a lot of very solid basketball teams that hover in the 135 NET or better range where we play neutrally or away for Q2 opportunities.

Not really commenting on VCU's schedule, but a team like FAU - in this portal era - seems like a team that can crash and burn quickly as well. They lost their coach, and guessing just had huge roster turnover too with Dusty May leaving - I know he took the big man with him to Michigan. That is the kind of team that could be back to irrelevance really quickly.

Then Colorado State will be at least a Q2 at home ...
minor note, but looks like that game is in Vegas (neutral site).

they have 3 games in the 200's and 2 in the 300's. plus a D2 game.
pretty typical schedule. nothing amazing, but likely better than ours unless we land in a better MTE than I expect at this point.

Reactions: spiderstudent17
vcu's schedule is done.
Yep, really like VCU's schedule as well. It was very similar to ours last year with some really solid non P-6, some P6 programs that you can realistically beat and a solid but not spectacular MTE. Agree with 23, teams like Drake and FAU could fall off and might not be great wins based upon what they did last year.

Still a really solid job. This is a much better OOC than VCU had last year which was basically all homes games and their MTE.

Yep, really like VCU's schedule as well. It was very similar to ours last year with some really solid non P-6, some P6 programs that you can realistically beat and a solid but not spectacular MTE.
who are the really solid non P-6's on VCU's schedule of which you speak???

minor note, but looks like that game is in Vegas (neutral site).

they have 3 games in the 200's and 2 in the 300's. plus a D2 game.
pretty typical schedule. nothing amazing, but likely better than ours unless we land in a better MTE than I expect at this point.

worse I think it's 6 in the 200s and 3 in the 300s if u r going by last year net. they get the 3 game true neutral site MTEs. we never do. that's where they beat us regularly. Tho I agree that teams like FAU and Drake r more likely to fall this season. harder to gauge on how they replaced players. 5 true neutral games is nice. In fact they'll probably have the fan advantage in all of them. The other 2 aren't "neutral" ones where u play in the team's home state like we have. I don't mind playing those, just hard to see as true neutral, tho occasionally like NCAA u get other fanbases on your side (if a doubleheader event).

Reactions: Spiders4ever
who are the really solid non P-6's on VCU's schedule of which you speak???
Seton Hall, Oklahoma State, Miami, BC. I realize they won't play all of them but that is a good group of power 6 teams that a team like VCU can have a reasonable chance of beating and will look good on their resume.

Seton Hall, Oklahoma State, Miami, BC. I realize they won't play all of them but that is a good group of power 6 teams that a team like VCU can have a reasonable chance of beating and will look good on their resume.
??? you said "some really solid non P-6".

P5 now. But aren't New Mex and CSU two of the better non power conf teams? Previously non p6, now non P5. The MWC is good but I don't think anyone is now considering them part of a new P6. Even tho their bids last year reflected as much.

sorry for interrupting the Abbott & Costello routine

you're right. I'm losing it.
NM and CSU are the strong games. BC isn't bad. and they have a good MTE where they'll probably play 3 decent teams.
the rest is pretty weak, but a normal A10 OCC.

Reactions: GKiller
It’s accurate. Bucknell announced it.

We hosted Bucknell in 21-22 & 22-23 & apparently owed them 1 away. Guess 2 for 1 but skipped it last year.

I don’t have a problem with it, if we expect to get some from bigger programs u have to be willing to do it the other way too imo. However we r not getting the bigger conf ones so it’s just us giving it up for W&M and Bucknells.

Not the kind of game we wanted to hear about.

I don't mind this road game if we have enough good games on the schedule. Obviously, we don't want this to be one of our better games, but being a road game, it gives us a chance at a Q3 win and I think the less Q4 wins that show up, the better.

I don't mind this road game if we have enough good games on the schedule. Obviously, we don't want this to be one of our better games, but being a road game, it gives us a chance at a Q3 win and I think the less Q4 wins that show up, the better.
Maybe our staff is hopping on the B12 scheduling philosophy from 2024.

The thing is, for it to work, everyone in the league has to do it and all show up 12-1 to league play…

Even on road expect a q4. This isn’t the old Bucknell they’ve been terrible the last 5 years. Of course playing on road gives it a better chance at a q3 than playing home but it’s still not a likely one.

guess my concern is that I assume JOC just recently spoke with someone in the program for that article to mention the 5 games he listed. can't think of a good reason they'd hold back info if more games were agreed to, as they didn't hold back last year.

sman, why wasn't JOC told about the Bucknell game...this can't stand!

Just wait until Rothstein finds out about the Spiders being on this list! 🤞🏻

Lol: Bucknell is a bad team in a bad conference. Net was 277 last year, which is Q4 no matter where you play it. Just when I thought we were done with signing up Quad 4 games, we go out and get another one. Hardt rewarding his previous employer with a nice home game. This is a great game for Bucknell. Zero upside for us playing it.

Sorry, I can't read apparently. Well, first of all I saw St. Mary's and thought it was the Gael's and was like wow that is a huge game. But that is apparently a D2 exhibition.

That said, they do have New Mexico/Colorado St, which were both NCAA teams last year and also gets shots in their MTE at Drake, Nevada, and/or FAU. Pretty strong non P-6 teams. All of these teams are better than every team we are playing at this point.

Reactions: spiderman
I personally wouldn't bet that we're done with Q4's yet ... or even a non-D1 game. we'll see.
It would be nice if we had some really good Q1/Q2 opportunities on the schedule to counterbalance these teams. I know it is a work in progress but all of our games thus far collectively kind of suck.

Lol: Bucknell is a bad team in a bad conference. Net was 277 last year, which is Q4 no matter where you play it. Just when I thought we were done with signing up Quad 4 games, we go out and get another one. Hardt rewarding his previous employer with a nice home game. This is a great game for Bucknell. Zero upside for us playing it.

I have a good source in the AD these days and this was in Loonardi's original scheduling report to big hat no cattle hardt...

"If you can get Bucknell on a future schedule do it. 2 for 1 even better. Simply marvelous. They will always be at top of Patriot League and show no zero signs of regression. Their underlying numbers will help. If Richmond University ever gets on the bubble I will talk up this game on ESPN, that's the world wide leader. For a nominal extra fee (see contract addendum). Book it big guy. They will throw you a parade in Lewisburg. The Prodigal son returns? I will swing on up and join you and Philly Bob for some nice meat and potatoes"

There are still several games left to schedule so I will reserve my final thoughts until the schedule is officially finalized, but right now it is not looking pretty good.

We have 6 games through various media sources/other teams' schedule release. I'll add at Auburn as well, even though it hasn't been reported by a media outlet yet. I think we can also fairly assume that our opening night game will be against a Q4 opponent as well. So with that 8 out of our 12 or 13 games are likely as follows:

11/4 (opening day) vs. Q4 opponent
11/13 @ Charlotte
11/16 @ Bucknell
12/14 vs. Belmont
12/18 @ W&M
12/21 vs. VMI
TBD vs. FGCU
TBD @ Auburn

Other than @ Charlotte our schedule is currently comprised of likely low Q3 or Q4 games where we gain very little from winning and it will really hurt our chances if we lose. Belmont is the next best team, but as a home game will more than likely be a high Q3 game. Even with @Auburn, it would be incredible if we won, but our chances are going to be slim. So if the remaining 4-5 games follow a similar pattern of Q3/4 games and maybe 1 more top 25 team, we could go 10-2 OOC but not have an at-large resume at all. I would love for us to fill the remaining games left with top 135 NET teams either home/neutral/away. They don't need to be the big flashy name teams, but teams like a Bradley, Indiana State, South Florida, Tulane, Boise State, Nevada, or lower ranked P6 team where they all finished with a high NET and we have a good shot of winning those games.

Last edited:
hell of a schedule. Must be exciting for their fans to see so many big games.

Isn’t Houston the b12?

But I agree for fans & program visibility those r additional benefits of such a schedule. I wish we would aggressively go after as much as we can at our level. No we can’t get all the games UH can and it would mean more road p5 buy games but so be it. The upside is there. Is our ho hum schedules getting us at large access anyway? Rarely ever. I think the hard national schedule ups the odds actually. We’d win more than expected imo.

Dog days of summer boys…I’m digging in a bit today.

Looking at the MTE link and lack of availability. I feel that Cathedral classic at Palestra we maybe go for to replace Maine. Penn Elon Navy. We love the overrated Philly connections at UR and we play those type of teams. Just a vibe. There is also an opening for Missouri MTE to give us 1 p5 shot but that one feels less likely idk. Or we possibly host on own MTE given so far our lack of home games. But that surely comes with Q4 games. I hold out sliver of hope we r just missing something or a MTE hasn’t been reported accurately and we do get into one with a couple good teams.

Dog days of summer boys…I’m digging in a bit today.

Looking at the MTE link and lack of availability. I feel that Cathedral classic at Palestra we maybe go for to replace Maine. Penn Elon Navy. We love the overrated Philly connections at UR and we play those type of teams. Just a vibe. There is also an opening for Missouri MTE to give us 1 p5 shot but that one feels less likely idk. Or we possibly host on own MTE given so far our lack of home games. But that surely comes with Q4 games. I hold out sliver of hope we r just missing something or a MTE hasn’t been reported accurately and we do get into one with a couple good teams.
I hear we are hosting our own MTE with UNC, USC, UGA, Bama, and Baylor…

…it is the 80s again! Welcome back CFB!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
I was searching up the Auburn game on this thread to see when that news came out, and was like that's weird it's not coming up. That's because it was all deleted by UR80sfan. Uh oh. Hope not bad news. Maybe a nothing burger, maybe not idk. But I'm going with nothing burger. I say the game is still on & perhaps he was just chastised by the Collective....the password is fidelio. (I hope someone gets that last part).

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT