ADVERTISEMENT

2024–25 schedule

I kinda get playing a D2 in the regular season. gives you a home game ... eases you in ... doesn't count for or against you in the statistical rankings.
but I don't really get it in the preseason. I'd think you'd want to play the best available to see what you need to work on. and top teams have no reason to avoid you in the preseason too, so it shouldn't be as hard to schedule one.

I kinda get playing a D2 in the regular season. gives you a home game ... eases you in ... doesn't count for or against you in the statistical rankings.
but I don't really get it in the preseason. I'd think you'd want to play the best available to see what you need to work on. and top teams have no reason to avoid you in the preseason too, so it shouldn't be as hard to schedule one.

$$. That's usually the main reason. They can charge for tickets. I have no idea what kind of single game tix attendance they get for that, but it's also very possible they make season tix holders pay for that game as part of package like nfl preseason games & get $ regardless if they show up.

Personally I would want minimum at least 1 scrimmage vs. a legit d1 team.

also Avila did not play

Just saw this from a couple weeks ago...Auburn is only paying us $40k.

If u see the comment from Made for March under tweet he says surprised we are getting paid anything. That makes zero sense to me. But I do understand how we're getting paid less, usually they pay for automatic wins. Or who knows our staff may have been in jeopardy of not getting game on schedule and dropped their pants idk. Auburn knew we were desperate & had no leverage bc our staff had done such a bad job with the schedule. Yes, this is speculation on a message board but reasonable speculation!

But who cares I suggested this is what we should consider doing to get more national games. get a real schedule. drop the buy in cost and find more of these games if we can't get them other ways like neutral or gasp, at home.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Exactly my thought. We had 80's come on here and tell us about the game. Then radio silence. then finally confirmation. Auburn had the leverage at that point.
Pearl: We're going to have to pull out of our game. Sorry. I'm sure you have other good games lined up.
Mooney: The best game in our OOC is #126 Chalotte. Next best is #190 Belmont.
Pearl: What about your MTE?
Mooney: We're working on that.
Pearl: Good Lord. It's October. OK, we'll play. But we're only giving you gas money. And we can put you up in a Motel 6.
Mooney: Done!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT