ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - Stony Brook

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the CAA scheduler's dealt the Spiders an attractive schedule this season, but nothings ever quite perfect...I'd prefer not traveling to Long island nemesis Stony Brook for the CAA opener...Coach Huesman might too, but then again maybe he like to get it behind us?

anything can happen up there and it has...remember the great 2016 team that waxed UVA in the opener...I believe it was 42-14 Seawolves when they manhandled us two weeks later at Lavalle Stadium...the only time we've ever won there was 2013, before Stony Brook entered the CAA

last season was a 2-9 collapse for long time coach Chuck Priore, but he seems like an old school guy willing to take action...he went out and picked up 18 transfers from the Portal...15 come to Long Island from FBS/BCS programs...he also got a new offensive coordinator...

the CAA scheduling software didn't do Stony Brook any favors...they will be battle tested by September 23...they open with Delaware, Rhode Island and Arkansas State before the Spiders arrive...

everything should point to a big Spiders win, but we're going to Stony Brook and anything can happen!

road wins are necessary to win a CAA Championship...regardless of our history at Stony Brook, if we are going to be a Champion, we have to bring back a win from this forlorn place exorcise the demons...bring home an important road win...

enjoy the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

Russ does not exude much confidence heading to Stony this weekend.Can’t say I blame him.This shared OC setup plus QB Coach has got to go.With a Stony loss we’re headed toward a less than .500 season.

was surprised he was so outspoken about how poorly the defense played versus the Hornets...who knows? May have been trying to take some of the heat off of the offense, or motivate the defense to a higher level...

I'll give him an A+ for honesty acknowledging zero success versus the Seawolves on Long Island and that our performance against DSU was good enough, but that it won't be in the CAA...he sees what's happening

now can he and his staff figure out how to get better?

Go Spiders!

Maybe Hardt can ride the bus as well and understand how much it sucks. And maybe we can just leave him there as a donation to SBU.

Salyers still out on OL and Grant still out at DE according to the two deep.
Haggerty not listed at TE

It is up on website under football news.

Reactions: 32counter
Forecast for sat. is rain all day. with no running game; finger's crossed; prayers often; 3 call's to all angels.

Here's our running game thru 3 games ( does not include QB)
morgan total yards 58 savon 32; howard 23; webb3
mich st total yards 66 savon 17; howard 9; brown 10;webb10;laughlin 20
del st total yards145 savon31;howard52;webb33;brown29
my take here is, when do you sit savon? poor production and mental breakdown in 2 games receiving punts.

Series 4-4, won 1st 2, lost next 3, won 2 of last 3, only win up there 2013. Looks to me we're due, backs against the wall.

The national weather channel's radar is showing a break in the rain from around 3-5pm. as 32 pointed out the wind is still present. Win the toss, defer, defend the goal with the wind to our backs, making them throw into the wind.

Reactions: urfan1
force the fumble today, winners of the TOs may well win the game

Oblique injury for Wickersham in practice that worsened as the week went on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT