ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Hampton

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

it's amazing how much better an unlikely, white knuckle win over a winless Stony Brook team made this fan and some others I know feel...I guess it was the dramatic finish and the fight the defense and patch work offense exhibited in overcoming multiple challenges...the "ugly" win kept hope alive for the season!

now, here we are a week later faced with a similar challenge, but in comfortable setting of The Brick House and better weather...can the players and coaches put together another game plan and effort that can overcome the challenges that remain?...uncertainty and inexperience at QB...starters missing from the OL...a Hampton team that'll come to the game hungry to start their CAA slate...the Pirates could be a lot better than Stony Brook?

I have confidence our defense, despite its own injuries, will give us a chance to win this game...it's likely, regardless of who's at QB, to be another challenging offensive struggle...but if we see the effort and spirit demonstrated on Long Island we should do "just enough" to get the job done...

it may be a slugfest, and ugly as can be, but a 2-0 CAA start keeps hope alive for another week!

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT