ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Elon

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

it's been a long strange trip but here we are in November playing for at least a piece of the CAA Championship!...it doesn't feel like it for many fans, but 5-1 in the CAA at this point is probably right where most fans thought we should be in August...

we just have to keep winning...it won't be easy versus the former Fighting Christians...they're red hot and are the new best CAA team we've faced this season...and Elon loves playing us at The Brick House, and playing Coach Huesman's teams!...outside of the COVID spring games in 2021 the Spiders have not beaten the Phoenix on Huesman's watch...this includes losing the last three in Richmond!

if we're going to win a Championship this skid has to stop...Coach Huesman and several players warned all week long of the huge challenges Elon presents...by now, the Spiders are used to huge challenges...we're playing our best ball of the season coming off the Campbell win...we're healthy and being reinforced with Jasiah Williams and Cam Coleman returning...we should be able to control the ball and score TDs...I don't think the Phoenix has faced a defense like ours...if we execute we should be able to control the red hot Elon offense!

so here it comes Saturday...two teams healthy, confident and playing their best in a CAA Championship elimination game at The Brick House...exactly what I was wishing for in August...I think to Spiders will find a way again this week!

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: spiderjpo
A whole lot to like in the first half. Love the fake punt by Trussler. Seeing Josiah Williams was outstanding. Wickersham looks comfortable and very efficient. Defense playing very strong. Offensive line making some holes. Really a strong effort coming off the bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT