ADVERTISEMENT

What happens if team bus rides to Stony Brook on Friday,September 22nd?

We bring along a box breakfast and a box lunch and maybe even a box dinner.
Hopefully, the onboard bathrooms function properly throughout the trip.

Reactions: urfan1
LOL! W&M stopped bussing to Long Island after a 16-hour trip home from a Hofstra game years ago. Fly into Central Islip!

If you are on I-95 heading through NJ, I am going to suggest a stop at Harold's Deli in Edison...

Reactions: 32counter
There is a 87.5% probability that we lose to the Seawolves when we bus ride rather than fly.

Take the tax free $650,000 check from Michigan State which should be more than sufficient to cover the air travel to/from Michigan State,StonyBrook and Rhode Island.

Made the drive from DC to New Brunswick many a time as a kid.

Two spots...

The Glass Kitchen (DE). Any Stewart's Drive-In (NJ).

Heard the former met it's fate after a long run unfortunately. Not sure about the latter.

I agree that we should fly, we certainly have the money to do it. But at the same time, minor league baseball teams bus all over hell every other week and handle it. Hopefully we can do the same.

I agree that we should fly, we certainly have the money to do it. But at the same time, minor league baseball teams bus all over hell every other week and handle it. Hopefully we can do the same.

Minor league baseball teams don’t have guys that are 6-5” and weigh 310lbs and whose business it is to tackle other people and/or block other people your same size while carrying 20lbs of weight in equipment plus wear a helmet.On top of carrying a full academic load of 15-18 hours.Minor league Baseball players basically chew tobacco or gum and adjust themselves repeatedly and read comic books and occasionally slide into 2nd base.

Big difference.

When did we start busing the team to Long Island? The data and analytics seem to show there's something to the bus ride theory.

We've played the Seawolves four times up there: 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021. Our record is 1-3. After winning a 39-31 nail biter in the 2013 game, we dropped the last three.

The combined score of these three losses has been Stony Brook 105 UR 38.

2016 (FCS Playoff team , Kyle Lauletta Spiders had beaten UVA) SB 42 UR 14
2018 SB 36 UR 10
2021 SB 27 UR 14

Maye the AD will change their minds about the bus ride?

Go Spiders!

One other point of interest. Many of us have noticed all the FBS transfers to Campbell.
Kind of under the radar is the fact that Stony Brook got 15 such new players, one of which will be their starting QB according to the coach's comments today during the CAA media event.

One other point of interest. Many of us have noticed all the FBS transfers to Campbell.
Kind of under the radar is the fact that Stony Brook got 15 such new players, one of which will be their starting QB according to the coach's comments today during the CAA media event.

From Buffalo-6’6” 222

To StonyBrook-18 players

Andy Nwaoko (DL) Boise State
Casey Case (QB) Buffalo
Johnny Martin III (RB) Charlotte
D’Angelo McKinnie (TE) East Carolina
Brandon Higgs (DB) East Carolina
Anthony Johnson (WR) James Madison
Hunter Barlow (OL) Kansas
Shakhi Carson (RB) Kent State
Anthony Pecorella (P) Maryland
Jeffrey Davis Jr. (DB) Penn State
Dyshier Clary (DL) Temple
Derell Bedingfield Jr. (LB) Toledo
Chayce Chalmers (DB) Virginia
Jalen Hoyle (DB) Virginia Tech
Dez Williams (WR) Wake Forest
Spencer Biscoe (K) Colgate
Rahmon Hart Jr. (WR) Duquesne
Cory Gross (DB) Tennessee State

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
To Campbell-21 players

Isaiah Greene (DB) CCSU
Marquez Casey (DL) Central Arkansas
David Madzivanyika (DL) Harvard
Tyler Feldkamp (WR) South Dakota State
Javonte Kinsey (TE) Bowling Green
Donta Armstrong (TE) Charlotte
Isaiah Potts (DL) Charlotte
Bryson Whitehead (DB) Charlotte
Keevan Bailey (DB) Colorado State
Jack Brady (P) Florida
George Wilson Jr. (DL) Florida State
Tre Moore (DL) Georgia State
Verdis Brown (DL) Illinois
Antoine Sampah (LB) LSU
Jasiah Provillon (WR) NC
Cole Young (OL) Oregon
Bobby Walchak (LB) Penn State
Baraka Beckett (OL) UCLA
Sincere Brown (WR) USF
Lakeem Rudolph (DL) Virginia Tech
Elijah Hawk (DL) Western Michigan

Last edited:
Case played in three games in two years at UB and didn't attempt a pass. He was their 3rd- or 4th-string guy.

maybe I can clear the confusion. we have always bused to delaware and nova. in 1985 we traveled to play rutgers. we were ranked #1 in the country but lost 20-17. we missed a field goal with time running out. we bused there! In the former yankee conference, I don't recall anything but flights to the northeast schools including hofstra univ. also on long island. in 2021, to the surprise, disappointment, and anger from the players,coaches and alum. we bused to stony brook and lost 27-14. thank you, JABBA

• Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
maybe I can clear the confusion. we have always bused to delaware and nova. in 1985 we traveled to play rutgers. we were ranked #1 in the country but lost 20-17. we missed a field goal with time running out. we bused there! In the former yankee conference, I don't recall anything but flights to the northeast schools including hofstra univ. also on long island. in 2021, to the surprise, disappointment, and anger from the players,coaches and alum. we bused to stony brook and lost 27-14. thank you, JABBA

We bussed to Fordham(Bronx) in 2019 and lost 23-16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT