ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Stony Brook

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

if things weren't challenging enough playing the Seawolves on Long Island, it looks like the weather will be a large factor also...Stony Brook coach Chuck Priore has always had a "run first" philosophy...Monday he said two of his best running backs would be returning this weekend against the Spiders...

until this week I'd have said bring on the running game...that'd be playing right into the Spiders front seven defensive strength...however Coach Huesman spent a good bit of his media time hammering the UR defense...when asked yesterday if he wanted to back off of the concern he expressed earlier in the week...he doubled down reiterating if the Spiders defense plays as it did against Delaware State, Stony Brook will score 40, we'll have to score 41 to win...

I don't know what to think now, but I'll go out on a limb, the Spiders will not score 41, or give up 40, but I hope Huesman's public concern serves as powerful motivation...

if you can remember our losses at Stony Brook, I expect you'll agree with another of Coach Huesman's warnings...the Spiders should expect the Seawolves to be extremely physical in all three phases...on Monday Coach went so far as to say if we didn't match their physicality we had no chance to win...

both squads need a meaningful win badly...Stony Brook is already 0-2 in the CAA with losses to Rhode Island and Delaware...Priore says despite the record things are coming together and he believes his team will be ready with a winning mentality...

I'm not sure what type of mentality the Spiders will take to Long Island, but I hope the flight gives them time to think about our disappointing play so far versus far better preseason expectations...one thing most Spiders fans can agree on...our team needs to play better...if we can find a way to win this likely slugfest things will look far brighter next week...

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT