ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 Opponent Tracker

They are what they are, no amount of anger or motivation changes that. They might beat us if we play badly and they make 12 threes. If we play well, we win.

I wonder how Barstow is doing?
Bruised ribs. Heard he sat because they didn't want him to take another shot to them that would put him out longer.

VCU at home is certainly good enough to beat us, no one should think that they aren't. They have good players, they just haven't all played well together a lot of the time.

Bruised ribs. Heard he sat because they didn't want him to take another shot to them that would put him out longer.

VCU at home is certainly good enough to beat us, no one should think that they aren't. They have good players, they just haven't all played well together a lot of the time.
I asked because he seems to be the leading cat herder…

Of course I want us to win and for the first time in some time I think we have a good chance of doing that if we play the way we mostly have been (last night's scoring drought excepted). But if Nelson is the one to beat us I'm going to lose it.

Crazy ending for GMU–UMass earlier. Go check out the ESPN+ replay if you don’t want my rambling recap.

Mason was down two in the closing seconds, goes for a three and misses. Long rebound and there’s a scramble out to midcourt where Mason comes up with it and drives for the tying layup with just over a second left.

UMass immediately inbounds and before they can get off a desperation three quarter court heave, Hall runs over and appears to purposefully foul Diggins with 0.8 left. I guess he thought Mason was still behind?

Anyway, Diggins makes one, intentionally misses the second, and UMass gets the 66–65 win. (Mason desperation after the intentional miss seemed to actually have a chance, based on the crowd and announcers, but the camera didn’t catch it.)

Wow that is a crazy ending. I think UMass will be a challenge for us with Cohen and Cross inside, glad that one is at home.

The juggernaut of Northern Iowa, got smoked at home today vs Murray State. That was one we let get away.

After tonight’s games, interesting KenPom seeding expectations.

1 Dayton 8 URI 9 GMU
2 UR 7 UMass
3 Loyola 6 St Joe
4 SBU 5 VCU

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Just a tiebreak update note.

Record against top 4:
VCU 3-0
UR 2-1
LUC 0-2
UD 0-2

VCU has both h2h and group tiebreaks with UR 2nd. So now need VCU to drop games. UR has h2h and group tiebreaks vs other two.

Reactions: urfan1
Dayton and Loyola play in Chicago the day before we play vcu. Then vcu plays at Dayton a week later. Perfect scenario for us is we beat vcu, Dayton beats Loyola, Dayton beats vcu.
At the other end of the double bye.

If UMass wins today, loses to us Wednesday, ST Joe loses at Loyola Wednesday.Only 4 A10 teams with less than 6 conferences losses on Thursday.

• Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
After tonight’s games, interesting KenPom seeding expectations.

1 Dayton 8 URI 9 GMU
2 UR 7 UMass
3 Loyola 6 St Joe
4 SBU 5 VCU
I wouldnt say interesting, Id say very stupid. Ken is going simply by his math formula. No way Bonnies end up ahead of VCU. Rams have a 3 game lead and, sorry to say, are playing great basketball right now.

Reactions: gcarter52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT