ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker 2022-2023

Angst of course right now for all of us but don’t forget we crushed Fdu by ~30 and they are crushing their way thru the play ins …

Not a 2022–23 opponent, but I didn't want to start a new thread. We played these guys back in the NIT in 2015 and had them in the RC as an MTE campus game in 2018.

Sounds like a great candidate for the cupcake world tour that will be our upcoming non-conference schedule.
Not sure we can count a forfeit win against a team that doesn't exist.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
We may see more lower tier liberal arts colleges making similar decisions or closing all together. Enrollment is down for lower tier schools and most of them don’t have the endowment to make up for the lost tuition.

• Sad
Reactions: plydogg
St. Francis' enrollment is actually growing and they moved to a new "campus" (three floors of an office building) last fall. But the new campus doesn't have any athletic facilities and they're selling off their outdated old campus to pay for the new one. So no surprise here.

St. Francis' enrollment is actually growing and they moved to a new "campus" (three floors of an office building) last fall. But the new campus doesn't have any athletic facilities and they're selling off their outdated old campus to pay for the new one. So no surprise here.
so their explanation was BS, and they already wrote off athletics with the move last fall I guess.

Yeah, probably. Some of their teams already practiced/played at off campus facilities, but basketball played in the on-campus gym under November when it shut down. After that they played their home games and presumably practiced at the Pratt Institute's gym a mile or two away. Not sure if that was intended as a long-term solution or if the writing was on the wall.

Volleyball also played on campus, but their season ended at the same time the athletic center shut down. Same with water polo and the on-campus pool. Swimming kept going through the winter, but it's not clear where they practiced and they didn't have any home meets after November.

Is enrollment growing compared to 2021/2022 or is it growing compared to pre-Covid numbers? I think that many schools are seeing an increase this year compared to some recent Covid years, but many schools are well below pre-Covid levels.

I think they did dip some with Covid and are now back up to where they were. They said they've grown from 2300 to 2700 over the past four years and are projecting to be at 3500 in 2026.

Reactions: fan2011
are a lower percentage of HS kids going to college?
Undergrad enrollment is down about 7% across the board compared to pre-Covid. Not sure why. This decrease in enrollment is concentrated in lower tier liberal arts colleges. I think La Salle is down 20-30% compared to 2018 for example.

• Wow
Reactions: spiderman
Undergrad enrollment is down about 7% across the board compared to pre-Covid. Not sure why. This decrease in enrollment is concentrated in lower tier liberal arts colleges. I think La Salle is down 20-30% compared to 2018 for example.
Is the total incoming enrollment down 7% or is the percent of current high school graduates that are enrolling down 7%?

Wonder if Goodman is reporting about the great hire at URI now:

When they describe Miller's time at Indiana, it sounds like it was pulled right from the Chris Mooney play book.

• Wow
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Did 2 of last year’s (3 weeks ago) Friar starters play their first year in the A10 in Philly?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT