ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker 2022-2023

VCU now up to 63 NET. If they beat St Louis easy and lose to Dayton I won't say they'll be in but I expect they'll show up on most of the first 4 out lists at least. They actually have 2 pretty good OOC wins in Pitt and Vandy and have rolled in the A10 albeit a weak A10. They'll probably win the A10 but sneaking in as at large is not totally out of the question.
With the UMass win we went from 170 to 153, that should get us on the bubble, right? ;)

VCU now showing up on Lunardi's Bracketology radar but not yet on the bubble. Obviously have to convincingly beat SLU today and then lose a tight one in the final to be in the mix.

"Surging VCU has gone unnoticed as a possible at-large team, but would have to be seriously considered if the Rams do not capture the Atlantic 10 automatic bid."

Reactions: urfan1
VCU now showing up on Lunardi's Bracketology radar but not yet on the bubble. Obviously have to convincingly beat SLU today and then lose a tight one in the final to be in the mix.

"Surging VCU has gone unnoticed as a possible at-large team, but would have to be seriously considered if the Rams do not capture the Atlantic 10 automatic bid."

Been trying to tell Eight legger that for weeks. What do u mean not yet on bubble. They already are. They r simply not listed by lunardi there bc they r the A10 placeholder in the bracket right now. If they lost they’d immediately be on his & others bubble list. That’s how it works.

Vcu rooting hard for FAU. Along w OSU & Vandy not to take bids. But those last 2 seem less likely & OSU if they won should take Rutgers. Fact is vcu shows pretty well against bubble teams. They r 2-1 vs other bubbles beating Pitt Vandy losing to ASU. Have u looked at NC State resume btw. It’s garbage.

Vandy's resume is much better than vcu's even with the loss to them. Pitt getting waxed early in the acc didn't help. If VCU loses today they're toast. If they lose to Fordham tomorrow, definitely toast. If they lose to Dayton, they'll be 1-2 against a team in their own league that had no at-large chances. Toast, toast, toast.

Vandy's resume is much better than vcu's even with the loss to them. Pitt getting waxed early in the acc didn't help. If VCU loses today they're toast. If they lose to Fordham tomorrow, definitely toast. If they lose to Dayton, they'll be 1-2 against a team in their own league that had no at-large chances. Toast, toast, toast.
Going 1-2 vs Dayton who would be top 70 net at that point would be irrelevant. They’d be compared to rest of bubble.

They need to beat SLU and Dayton to have any chance of an at-large, but obviously at that point they would already be in.

They need to beat SLU and Dayton to have any chance of an at-large, but obviously at that point they would already be in.

I expect if they beat slu & lose to Dayton worst case worst case is they r first four out and 1 seed NIT. I suppose if OSU uab & Vandy all won autos that would change bc it would knock teams down but that is far fetched. believe they announce those first 4 out now. Which would not mean no chance it would mean they were heavily discussed. Come a far way from how much u said they sucked. I hope they get killed today but not happening.

This late "fade" is going to cost VCU a few NET spots. 25-point lead cut to a final margin of 12.

Then again, with the way they're playing, NET ain't gonna matter as they roll to the auto bid tomorrow.

A&M is obviously very good, but Vandy is getting embarrassed, down 49–25 at halftime.

Toledo playing in MAC final tonight to be the 4th team going to the tourney we played (counting either Dayton/VCU as well)

A team that beat us this season has fired their coach.

Ponder this turn of events. That is where our program is at right now.

This needs to be highlighted.

Wichita St. is not Richmond in many ways, but I respect their basketball program expectations. Singling out NIL and the need for it to compete is a reinforcement of that current nature of college bball. I'm interested to see how Richmond handles this going forward.

This needs to be highlighted.

Wichita St. is not Richmond in many ways, but I respect their basketball program expectations. Singling out NIL and the need for it to compete is a reinforcement of that current nature of college bball. I'm interested to see how Richmond handles this going forward.
Patriot League.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Lunardi's take this morning is that VCU is the only team playing today that could even enter the discussion as a bid-stealer if they lose, but that they would fall short.

In line with GK, Lunardi thinks they would fall at #71 on the seed list and be in the first four out, just ahead of Vanderbilt. Dayton would slide in at a 12-seed with the auto.

Gasaway added them to Bubble Watch under "work to do" yesterday (but at this point pretty much they only work they could do would also win them the auto).

Borzello also sees it as unlikely.

Just one more thing: VCU likely needs the Atlantic 10 automatic bid to have any chance at playing next week -- despite winning the league by three games and making a run to the title game. Our Bubble Watch upgraded the Rams to the bubble on Saturday, but it's hard to envision the committee picking a team with zero Quadrant 1 wins, 22 of 26 wins against Quadrants 3 and 4 and poor predictive metrics. Other bubble teams can root for VCU just for security purposes, but it's unlikely to impact the number of available bids.

A team that beat us this season has fired their coach.

Ponder this turn of events. That is where our program is at right now.

Surprised by this but these days ADs* have less patience than at one school off the top of my head. Read Brown was WST's top recruiter under Marshall since 2014. Maybe a little dirt has rubbed off on him but what coach these days doesn't have some on them. Okay off the top of my head one surely doesn't .... rumors Slick Rick going to St John's ..... probably put out there by you know who.

Go back last 7-8 minutes of play by play of Spiders vs Shockers this year and WTH I would give Brown a shot replacing Mooney. One stat shows 5-1 TO ad not in a good way for UR plus only WST one was :33 left. Remembering watching such a winnable game with WST showing little offensively.

And this was not your typical past strong WST squad with coaches predicting a 8th place league finish but somehow ended in 6th. Wow Mr AD you must be expecting too much.

American Athletic Conference Preseason Coaches Poll

1Houston (10)100
2Memphis (1)87
3Cincinnati82
4Tulane74
5Temple66
6UCF51
7SMU43
8Wichita State35
9South Florida33
10Tulsa21
11East Carolina13

Thanks to WST could get him on the cheap. Has roots it appears down South.

On Nov. 17, 2020, Brown was named interim head coach, following the resignation of Gregg Marshall amid allegations of physical and verbal abuse against ex-players He became the first black basketball head coach in Wichita State history.

The school will now pay Brown and Marshall a combined $2.58 million per year not to coach the team for the next three seasons, on top of whatever contract the new coach commands, per Kansas.com. Brown had three years left on a 5-year contract, and will be owed $4 million in separation payments that will pay him approximately $108,000 every month through April 2026, according to the site

*See new AD on board summer of 2022 so we all know what that means ..... Brown might be a good get for a mid-major school.

Good thing about the VDU thugs winning is that it proves the A-10 is a 💩 one bid league. We may as well play in a more regional clean cut respectable league that we can win every 2 or 3 years.

I'm feeling a VCU NCAA run. When you have a leafy campus it is hard to compete with those city schools.
Just heard ACE say, we (VCU) are the kind of team that is going to make a run. We are on the same page.

Meanwhile I bet Hardt and Queally will be at LAX practice with their lax bros slapping butts and patting each other on the back.

Dayton not looking great. Look like a team of athletes, but lacking basketball skill. Missed layups, sloppy ball handling and bricks from 3.
Bingo. Dayton always has athletic players with big reps coming out of high school, but mediocre to poor coaching

Reactions: SpiderK
9 out-of 11 NCAAs. Eff PQ and Jabba!
Is that true?
I thought they missed 18, 20, 22?

And 6, 8, 10.
Sad that is easier to list the misses...
And odd they only miss even...

Last edited:
Is that true?
I thought they missed 18, 20, 22?

And 6, 8, 10.
Sad that is easier to list the misses..,
And odd they only miss even...
'20 didn't count...no tourney...the announcers specifically said they last 11 'played' tourneys....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT