ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 G League

Hustle got pounded a bit by Stockton last night, but Gilly had 12 points, 13 assists, and 3 steals.

He's up to 4th in the league in assists at 9.2 per game.

Last edited:
He just keeps rolling...28 points, 15 boards, 2 steals, an assist, and another player of the game award in a Gold win. He's now third in the G League in efficiency and sixth in rebounding, averaging 18 and 11.

Wow, exciting game. Hustle gave up the lead and it headed into the fourth tied. Stockton built an 8-point lead, but the Hustle clawed back in the last couple of minutes and got a game-winning bucket with 6.5 seconds left.

Tough shooting in the second half for Gilly as he went scoreless in missing a number of corner threes, but he boosted his assists up to 11 and the smallest guy on the court had a huge offensive rebound in traffic with 22 seconds to go that he kicked out for an open three from McDermott that got the Hustle to within one. Video of that one embedded at the bottom.

Tough loss for the Hustle...battled back from 19 down to take the lead, but couldn't hold it in the 4th. Gilly with 15 points plus an incredible 17 assists and just one turnover. And a steal and a block. He did get blocked trying to take it to the hoop in the closing seconds with the Hustle down five.

Knew Gily and Grant were great players but somewhat surprised they’ve had such easy transitions to the G league. Seems like they put up great numbers every week. Any chance we see them on a 2 way contract in the future? (Much like former billiken Jordan Goodwin with the wizards)

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Rough night for the Hustle, getting blown out by Salt Lake. Playing their bench a lot in the second half, so Gilly's only played 24 minutes. Only 2 points on just 3 shots, but still 7 assists, a steal, and a block with no turnovers.

Only 9 points for Grant tonight, but it was almost part of a triple-double as he also tallied 9 boards and 11 (!) assists.

Gilly came off the bench again tonight, though he did get 13 minutes in the first half. At halftime, he's got a solid 7 points and 5 assists.

Hustle had a 23-point lead and led by 18 heading into the 4th, but gave it all away and trailed by 5 with time dwindling. They managed to force OT and pulled out the 132–130 victory.

Gilly only got 10 minutes on the floor after halftime and missed a few shots. Finished with 8 points and 8 assists. Had a few other nice dishes that would have been assists but the guys got fouled hard.

Kennedy Chandler is down on assignment from the Grizz, which limited Gilly's minutes.

Have not had a chance to listen yet, but Grant was a guest on the 3 Bid League podcast (quite the misnomer at this point) this week. Matt and Tyler were also in the house for our game on Sunday.

Have not had a chance to listen yet, but Grant was a guest on the 3 Bid League podcast (quite the misnomer at this point) this week. Matt and Tyler were also in the house for our game on Sunday.

Really nice podcast that I listened in between morning work calls .. reasonable comments made about the atmosphere on Sunday at Robins including how seats were about 70%, the amazing Archie baby, and the equally amazing birthday experience by MFG. Liked their comment too that the RC needs to refresh and add pics for our recent successes since most are date to 2010-2011.

Then the last half with Grant is a must listen to for any Spiders fan. Whatever you think of our Coach in terms of wins and losses, it remains clear to me he's been a caring and consistent leader on and more importantly off the court to his players through the years and to Grant specifically. Finally, he send with a hilarious story about the hours between the A10 win and the selection show that I hadn't heard before.

Last edited:
Really nice podcast that I listened in between morning work calls .. reasonable comments made about the atmosphere on Sunday at Robins including how seats were about 70%, the amazing Archie baby, and the equally amazing birthday experience by MFG. Liked their comment too that the RC needs to refresh and add pics for our recent successes since most are date to 2010-2011.

Then the last half with Grant is a must listen to for any Spiders fan. Whatever you think of our Coach in terms of wins and losses, it remains clear to me he's been a caring and consistent leader on and more importantly off the court to his players through the years and to Grant specifically. Finally, he send with a hilarious story about the hours between the A10 win and the selection show that I hadn't heard before.

Nothing about the Goose question? I promise I did not plant that question nor do I have a podcast. They asked GG if there has ever been another player re: Goose that plays so many mins but shoots less but is actually good at shooting! Be more assertive Goose, it works when u do it, heck he is our best 3 pt shooter right now. When he misses he barely misses, unlike others who r way off. But it's mindset & that may not change. GG gave a good answer, nothing we didn't know but basically saying his chances were limited w so many 1000 pt scorers in past and him having to guard top player defensively, that he should look for it more now but it's hard.

Good podcast thx for link. was only able to listen to GG part so far. I can see Marcus being the one directing or stopping traffic.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Nothing about the Goose question? I promise I did not plant that question nor do I have a podcast. They asked GG if there has ever been another player re: Goose that plays so many mins but shoots less but is actually good at shooting! Be more assertive Goose, it works when u do it, heck he is our best 3 pt shooter right now. When he misses he barely misses, unlike others who r way off. But it's mindset & that may not change. GG gave a good answer, nothing we didn't know but basically saying his chances were limited w so many 1000 pt scorers in past and him having to guard top player defensively, that he should look for it more now but it's hard.

Good podcast thx for link. was only able to listen to GG part so far. I can see Marcus being the one directing or stopping traffic.
Yeah it was a good Goose question for sure as well …

Really nice write-up and clips about Gilly ... it's in Bosnian but Google Translator can be your friend ...

Gilly still coming off the bench with Chandler in town, but he's getting his even in reduced minutes: 9 points, 6 boards, 10 assists, and 3 steals in 26 minutes tonight.

I'm impressed with Gilly's teammate Kenneth Lofton Jr. Has kind of a Barkley build. Bruiser inside. Can handle the ball and can shoot outside. Interesting player.
yeah - I just looked at his college stats and some highlights last night ..

In better Richmond basketball news, guess who was player of the game again for the Gold tonight as he came awfully close to a triple-double? 16, 9, and 9 for Grant.

Rough shooting today for Gilly in a matinee, but the one three he finally got to drop was a key one from super deep with the shot clock expiring with just under 5 minutes to go to provide a bit of cushion. Managed a double-double with 11 points and 11 assists.

Gold got a nice win over Stockton tonight. No player of the game award for Grant, but still an excellent showing with 20 points, 10 boards, 5 assists, and a steal.

Just noticed Grant now leads the G League in efficiency and he remains sixth in total rebounding (third in defensive rebounding).

Gilly still leads the league in assists as well.

Well, well, well...Blake is back in the G League. Got signed by the Cleveland Charge on Friday and 24 hours later he was on the court leading the team with 26 points including 5-for-8 from deep. Also had 5 assists and a couple of steals.

Good for Blake. The G league is a lot of fun to watch how our former players are doing. Should help with recruiting that we have 4 in the G league and a couple with a good chance of being called up to the NBA.

Good for Blake. The G league is a lot of fun to watch how our former players are doing. Should help with recruiting that we have 4 in the G league and a couple with a good chance of being called up to the NBA.
Was only aware of the recent three, do we have a fourth in G League?

Yeah, SDJ is kind of a steady bench player for the Cruise. I keep an eye on him, but he hasn't really had any big performances recently that I thought were worth pointing out.

Reactions: nathanw19
Disappointing OT loss for the Gold tonight, but you guessed it...player of the game yet again. 30 points, 15 boards, and 4 assists for Grant. He's up to 3rd in the league in rebounding (just ahead of Faried) and averaging 19, 11, and 5.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Might need an injury in Denver at this point. Obviously Jokic is the man, and unfortunately they just brought in Bryant from the Lakers as a backup center at the trade deadline. And DeAndre Jordan is still there too.

I'm not sure what his contract situation is right now and whether he could be called up by another team. He probably could be since he's not on a two-way contract with Denver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT