ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 G League

They flourish when they get out from under Mooney's skirt and get to freely showcase their skills. Remember Josh Duinker?

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Discontinued unfortunately:

Reactions: 8legs1dream
SF, the one you link is the one I found and not the one they wear or the one I was intrigued by. Look at Gilly's game pics and you'll see the true tank top look, not that semi-tank look you link. Not sure if they discontinued all, but would seem crazy to have no jerseys available for sale.

Gilly triple double

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
No game for Grant today, so he was able to enjoy the comeback win over Duquesne, while Gilly has dropped 8 dimes in the first half of his game.

Glad he enjoyed our triangle (Bermuda triangle) offense.

Have the NBA player drive down the lane and fall. Roll the ball to the guy with state titles at 2 HS while 82-6 who passes to the guy who shoots 53.3% from three against Top 50 for his career.

Just like we drew it up…

Last edited:
10 points, 14 boards, and 5 assists for Grant, although he did have 4 turnovers and didn't shoot great.

Gilly continues his torrid distribution, putting up 6 points and 10 dimes as the Hustle move to 5–0 in the regular season. He's now averaging 7.4 assists, good for 10th in the G League.

Reactions: urfan1 and plydogg
Another loss for the Gold, but Grant put up 22 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists.

Nice article and interview from his hometown paper as well:

Another big game from Gilly...20 points including 4-for-7 from deep, 11 assists, 3 steals. Wasn't quite enough though as the Hustle were dealt their first defeat of the season.

It looks like Grant has recently been getting the most minutes on the team, which is an indication of how much they like him. 37 minutes in the last game is a lot for his size.
After 8 games Grant is currently 12th in rebounds, 29th in assist, 15th in EFF and shooting 52% from the field.

Reactions: plydogg
Hustle brought some of their usual starters including Gilly off the bench tonight as they put up 140 points to move to 7–1. Gilly only had 5 points but still managed 7 assists in 22 minutes.

In better news, Grant once again filling up the stat sheet with 20 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists for player of the game honors yet again. Unfortunately, it was in another losing effort as the Gold fell to 2–8 in the regular season.

Pretty incredible stats for Grant now that we're 10 games into the regular season. The Gold are bad, but he leads the team in minutes (35.3), FG% (55.0), boards (10.2), and assists (4.9), and he's second in scoring (16.7) behind Jack White who has only played in half their games as he's on a two-way contract bouncing back and forth between the Nuggets and the Gold.

Strong finish. Keep crushing it GG.

Would be great #1 for them personally if either/both these guys get onto nba roster. Good for program & in theory recruiting. Tho Matt Reed still gave us the heisman w that along with coach w contract extension (overrated 4 recruiting).

Not looking to divert main theme of thread but I do scratch my head when I look at 3 potential/borderline NBAers incl the ALL time ncaa steals leader on a roster that went 10-8 in A10 play.

Another matinee game, another player of the game award for Grant, though in a losing effort. 24 points on 73% shooting, 11 boards, 5 assists, and a couple of blocks.

Another matinee game, another player of the game award for Grant, though in a losing effort. 24 points on 73% shooting, 11 boards, 5 assists, and a couple of blocks.

Golden is a one man wrecking machine. He is tearing up the G league! He currently has the 3rd highest EFF in the league.

Reactions: spiderman
At this point what is the main barrier stopping someone from offering Grant a 10-day contract? Athleticism/defense? No roster openings?

Reactions: SpiderGuy
At this point what is the main barrier stopping someone from offering Grant a 10-day contract? Athleticism/defense? No roster openings?
isn't he part of the Nuggets now? think they're the only team that can call him up.

Most G League players (I think including Grant) can be signed by any NBA team. Two-way guys and NBA guys on assignment can’t, but I think just about any others can.

Grant was an Exhibit 10 guy, so he got to participate in their training camp and then get automatically assigned to the Gold (and receive a bonus for staying on the roster there for a while), but I think that’s as far as it goes.

Reactions: spiderman
The Hustle move to the top spot in the G League power rankings this week and Gilly gets a mention:

"...rookie Jacob Gilyard is quietly having a very strong regular season as well, with his 8.8 assists per game the fifth-best in the G."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT