ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 G League

Ugh...Hustle just got upset by RGV, 110–108. RGV missed four of six foul shots in the final seconds, but Memphis couldn't take advantage. Gilly with 16 points and 10 assists.

Blake is also out as the Charge came up just a bit short after coming back from at least 24 down. Looks like he didn't have a ton of floor time off the bench, but the live stats are lagging by quite a lot for some reason so not sure on his totals.

Not entirely sure what this means for him lol.

Steven Adams looks to be out for the playoffs, so the Grizzlies waived guard Chandler and signed G-League ROY Lofton to a four-year deal to lock him in and have another big for the playoffs. That freed up Lofton's two-way spot for Gilly.

Two-way guys can't play in the playoffs, and tomorrow is the Grizzlies' last game of the regular season, so....hope he gets in the game tomorrow!

Two-way deals can be for one or two years. Have not seen what Gilly's is...either way, I guess these few days counts as one of the allowed two years to be on a two-way.

Two-way salary is ~$500k but prorated based on signing date, so given he's only going to be under the contract for a day or two this season, guess it's only worth a few thousand bucks if this is just a "one-year" deal.

I mean, why would they even bother if it's only for one game? Does this prevent him from going elsewhere?

It does prevent other teams from signing him for now.

Not exactly sure how this is going to play out, but it may just be some temporary roster juggling. Moving Lofton up for the playoffs necessitated freeing up a roster spot, but they couldn't just move Chandler down so they waived him. Chandler's just finishing up the first year of his rookie deal, so not sure what happens in the offseason. Will they try to re-sign him? It also sounds like he might command interest from other teams.

With Lofton's two-way spot opened up, the Grizz probably wanted to go ahead and fill it partly to ensure enough bodies for tomorrow's game. They're locked in at the #2 seed, so I'm guessing they're going to rest a bunch of guys tomorrow. So Gilly may get some floor time.

Seems there is a 7 day free trial for NBA TV streaming service ... Gilly viewing party on laptop vs Masters final round on the big screen or vice versa will be my conundrum for Easter afternoon ..

Today's the day to watch Gilly if I understand the below correctly - won't be eligible for playoffs:

1. Players on two-way contracts aren’t eligible for the postseason.

We’ll start with the simplest rule — a player on a two-way contract can’t play for his team in the postseason, even if he hasn’t used up his full allotment of 45 NBA days. A two-way player can travel and practice with the team during the playoffs, but has to remain on the inactive list during games.

He looks very comfortable and confident. Would have had two more assists but guys blew layups (including Vince Williams of vcu).

Reactions: gcarter52
Blair was drafted in 2nd round and got a 10 day contract with defending champ Houston Rockets, and subsequently let go when Sleepy Floyd came back from injury. Not sure that he actually got in a game though, so I guess JOC not giving him credit.

Blair was drafted in 2nd round and got a 10 day contract with defending champ Houston Rockets, and subsequently let go when Sleepy Floyd came back from injury. Not sure that he actually got in a game though, so I guess JOC not giving him credit.

well it's not as bad as Rob Jones

Reactions: spider23
yeah I looked last night as well - Per wiki, Curtis never made it into a game as a player

Yes, hopefully the current staff knows how many rounds are in the NBA draft. Seems like a good guy otherwise, and now coaching Curtis' son at Liberty.

That recruiting loss remains the strangest to me of all the kids w spider connections. Unless he just didn't want to attend same school as Dad.

Not gonna begrudge a kid who wants to set his own path.

He turned down some other good offers for Liberty (they're obviously a solid program, but a weaker conference drags them down), so it seems like for whatever reason he really liked them.

Not gonna begrudge a kid who wants to set his own path.

He turned down some other good offers for Liberty (they're obviously a solid program, but a weaker conference drags them down), so it seems like for whatever reason he really liked them.

No do I. Just seems like we had the most realistic chance with him. Unlike Stevenson, Rice. Feels like another out there I can't remember. Throw in James Wood ;)

As much as I dislike it from a fan perspective, I can understand wanting to make your own mark someplace new and not be judged by your parent/family's past success at a particular school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT