ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 NET Rankings

Yeah. If we go 15-3 IC, we are not only in, but probably wearing the home uniforms. With 68 teams the bubble is always softer in February than what we think it will be in December. So, yeah, 14-4 gets us there, as long as that 4, is not like a 4 game losing streak in late February or includes losses to GW/Fordhams of the league.

Honestly, think at 13-5, we will be in lots of bubble talk as well. The bubble is soft, lots of teams with lots of warts are on the bubble.

The problem we now face is the likelihood that one or several of our better league games will be cancelled and not made up. Which will leave us wishing we had not spit the bit in those 4 OOC games when we had our chances.

Reactions: SpiderGuy
The problem we now face is the likelihood that one or several of our better league games will be cancelled and not made up. Which will leave us wishing we had not spit the bit in those 4 OOC games when we had our chances.
Just win the next game. That's all we can control at this point. If you get caught up thinking of anything else you lose the next game. Just win the next
game.

In addition to winning the next game, there is being smart/lucky enough to stay healthy enough to PLAY the next game. I hope we have learned from whatever we did wrong in that regard last year.

Reactions: gcarter52
VCU moved up 7 spots to 70 while still on pause, largely thanks to Vandy picking up a Q1 win over BYU.

Reactions: Ram Bal
Probably also thanks to Wagner somehow continuing to game the system and moving up like a dozen spots despite having beaten no one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ram Bal
You guys need to pour yourselves a stiff drink and calm down.
It’s only December and every conference will be starting conference play..
Barring Covid nightmares - things will be different in February, I promise you.

Reactions: Gallipoli
You guys need to pour yourselves a stiff drink and calm down.
It’s only December and every conference will be starting conference play..
Barring Covid nightmares - things will be different in February, I promise you.
They all know this, and have previously discussed that it changes daily but enjoy watching it.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Tennessee is ranked 10th, but Alabama is ranked 23. Alabama has played no Q4 games; Tennessee has played 5. Alabama has a better record in Q1 games and it's strength of schedule is higher. That is crazy.

Yeah. If we go 15-3 IC, we are not only in, but probably wearing the home uniforms. With 68 teams the bubble is always softer in February than what we think it will be in December. So, yeah, 14-4 gets us there, as long as that 4, is not like a 4 game losing streak in late February or includes losses to GW/Fordhams of the league.

Honestly, think at 13-5, we will be in lots of bubble talk as well. The bubble is soft, lots of teams with lots of warts are on the bubble.
I don't think we EVER get in if we're on the bubble. We have no recent history of NCAA play. Teams with recent history (like VCU) will always get the nod on the bubble. Several at-large bids are becoming a thing of the past in the A-10. For a Richmond team to get in with 8 or 9 loses, is only a dream. Of course I would love to be proven wrong....

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Most high profile brackets had us barely in. Lunardi’s final “what would have been” bracket had us playing in a First Four 12-seed game against Texas.

A loss in our first A-10 tourney game almost certainly would have knocked us out of the bracket.

Reactions: nathanw19
Most high profile brackets had us barely in. Lunardi’s final “what would have been” bracket had us playing in a First Four 12-seed game against Texas.

A loss in our first A-10 tourney game almost certainly would have knocked us out of the bracket.
I agree. But I also think if all conference tournaments were cancelled but NCAA wasn’t, we would have been in.

Awaiting the next NET update…

VigilantRelievedAmericanbulldog-max-1mb.gif

The same team just lost by 25 points. Riddle me this.

Held steady at 106. Quality Q1 loss for the rèsumè, though we did drag them down a couple of spots to 71.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I don’t know where to put this. I’m not surprised by this comment we’ve heard it regularly from players & Mooney. They just don’t get it. If 9-6 wasn’t panic mode on a team that was expected to be one of the best non p6 teams I don’t know what is. No urgency. Sure u can theoretically go 16-2. It’s good u plan to win 16 in a row!
Sign me up. but it shows a lack of understanding of where u stack up currently & the realistic virtually zero chances of accomplishing such a run. Not to mention the fact everyone single person in country knows getting all 18 conf games in might be at lottery ticket odds. But again they take cues from Mooney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT