ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 NET Rankings

After being taken to OT by St. Joe’s, Davidson just lost to URI. Combine that with Bona taking down SLU yesterday, and Juan Bid is knocking at the door.

Reactions: urfan1
Sad thing is you could tell me all we have to do in the tournament is beat Fordham four days in a row and I would have almost no confidence that we could do that. So knowing we’d have to beat at least two or three other teams equal to our better than us gives me zero confidence that we can win it if we’re not a top-4 seed. And probably not even if we are.

Sad thing is you could tell me all we have to do in the tournament is beat Fordham four days in a row and I would have almost no confidence that we could do that. So knowing we’d have to beat at least two or three other teams equal to our better than us gives me zero confidence that we can win it if we’re not a top-4 seed. And probably not even if we are.
How about Duquesne?

I mean, none of those teams have 7 Q2 losses, and the ones with the worst records there also have Q1 wins, unlike us. Iowa State has seven of them! That will buy you some leniency in the eyes of the committee. Our schedule reads like we were in the SoCon already. All the more reason to move there for real.

I mean, none of those teams have 7 Q2 losses, and the ones with the worst records there also have Q1 wins, unlike us. Iowa State has seven of them! That will buy you some leniency in the eyes of the committee. Our schedule reads like we were in the SoCon already. All the more reason to move there for real.
Nailed it. And those were mostly bad comparisons anyway because half of them will get in over us on name recognition alone. We have the program name recognition of a SoCon flagship as well.

I agree being 4-8 Q1&2 is terrible especially having so many Q2 vs Q1.

But having 12 games and 4 left seems like a better opportunity than SoCon offers. We just need to one day take advantage of it.

Last 3 games of the year are Q2, so how would you feel about 10 Q2 losses?

Reactions: Zeeter
Only one team in the country has more Q2 losses than us so no banner yet, sadly. Still plenty of time to turn it around!
Hope is not lost! We're two games behind New Mexico in the Q2 loss standings, but as it stands now they only have one more Q2 game, while we have three.

• Love
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Hope is not lost! We're two games behind New Mexico in the Q2 loss standings, but as it stands now they only have one more Q2 game, while we have three.
It's all right there in front of us. We are exactly where we wanted to be all along. 4-10 Q2, that's a hell of a season.

I think I hit all the talking points?

• Haha
Reactions: SpiderK and GKiller
off topic, but look at Rutgers' NET. I haven't seen them play, but they've just knocked off 4 straight teams ranked in the top 16 in the country. yes they have some bad losses. but only 8 teams in the country have more quad 1 wins. yet their net is 75.

off topic, but look at Rutgers' NET. I haven't seen them play, but they've just knocked off 4 straight teams ranked in the top 16 in the country. yes they have some bad losses. but only 8 teams in the country have more quad 1 wins. yet their net is 75.
That ranking for Rutgers is perfectly in line with the consensus at the Massey basketball composite, so it is either accurate or due to some systemic error that affects all computer rankings.

I don't know.

They were #112 on 2/3.
Maybe winning 5 out of 6 vs teams >300 hurt them?

To recap...

NET 88
Quad 1A 0-0
Quad 1B 0-2
Quad 2A 1-6
Quad 2B 4-2

Quad 3&4 14-1
With home win over Bonnies beating NC State as best of the irrelevant wins.

Last edited:
Unless I missed something no team in the nation played more Quad 2 games than UR. Went 4-9. Louis was like 3-7, Clemon 4-7, Utah 2-7, Cal 2-9 and Georgetown 0-8. Add to that 0-2 Quad 1 record.

Like mentioned in above post suffice to say Mooney's team didn't win enough meaningful games this year. Easy to see why Mooney's team had no shots getting an at-large. Though unlike the above squads the half-full picture that could be painted by Mooney supporters is with a win against UMass #188 the final Spider could be 20-13 like ELegger mentioned above. Hey web spinner, you got nothing on the narrative the pro-Mooney can/possibly will spin.

Say 50 years from now history might show Chris Mooney with 350+/400+ Spiders victories with info as coach of Spider b-ball inside a glass case. And current UR students walking by reading, thinking .... this Coach Mooney guy must have been one hell of a coach!

LOL my bad. We are playing URI #136. Greater chance of a loss and wouldn't feel bad at all except for the diehards going up to DC. Pack light fellas and drink heavily.

Last edited:
Unless I missed something no team in the nation played more Quad 2 games than UR. Went 4-9. Louis was like 3-7, Clemon 4-7, Utah 2-7, Cal 2-9 and Georgetown 0-8. Add to that 0-2 Quad 1 record.

Like mentioned in above post suffice to say Mooney's team didn't win enough meaningful games this year. Easy to see why Mooney's team had no shots getting an at-large. Though unlike the above squads the half-full picture that could be painted by Mooney supporters is with a win against UMass #188 the final Spider could be 20-13 like ELegger mentioned above. Hey web spinner, you got nothing on the narrative the pro-Mooney can/possibly will spin.

Say 50 years from now history might show Chris Mooney with 350+/400+ Spiders victories with info as coach of Spider b-ball inside a glass case. And current UR students walking by reading, thinking .... this Coach Mooney guy must have been one hell of a coach!

LOL my bad. We are playing URI #136. Greater chance of a loss and wouldn't feel bad at all except for the diehards going up to DC. Pack light fellas and drink heavily.
URI #136 means previous win against them was Quad 3 but #135 would mean Quad 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT