ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Offers, Commits, and Signees

Dez Boykin, WR out of PA. Offers include Memphis, Toledo, UConn, Army, Kent State, Buffalo, Villanova, Stony Brook, Towson.

Nile Harris, WR/DB out of Greensboro. Offers from ETSU, Western Carolina, Air Force.

Wilson Catoe, LB out of Kevin Anderson's high school in the Atlanta area. Offers from Ohio, Army, Air Force, Citadel.

Christian Daniels, QB/FS out of Elon, NC. Offers from Miami (OH), ODU, Air Force, Navy, Army, Elon.

Donovan Noel, OL out of Raleigh. Offers from Colorado State, App State, Buffalo, Coastal Carolina, ODU, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Elon, NC A&T, NC Central.

Reggie Sutton, OL/DL from Baltimore. Offers from Marshall, Buffalo, Charlotte, Towson, Fordham, Monmouth, Howard, Morgan State.

Chelen Garnes, CB/WR out of Waldorf, MD. Offers from Buffalo, Stony Brook, Albany, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Howard.

Nick Saldiveri, OL from outside of Charlotte. Also offered by ODU.

We're going for kids who have other really good offers. I like it
Agree...it looks like a number of these players will have to decide whether they want to hopefully play for possible FCS National Championships at Richmond, or toil in relative obscurity with the best case being playing for a trip to Shreveport for the Poulan Weedeater Bowl...

I'm sure this is a tough decision for an 18 year old and their family...it'll be interesting to see how it all works out...

I think Coach Huesman was on Clawson and London's staff when an assistant at UR before. Anyone know if he is using a recruiting strategy (competing for lots of BCS prospects) similar to the one of either of those head coaches, or his own strategy?

Good luck Coach. Go Spiders!
The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127760237246257/

Noah Plack-Tallerico, LB from PA. Same high school as Eldridge. Offers from Akron, Army, Navy, Stony Brook, Albany, Colgate, Lehigh, Holy Cross, EKU, Duquesne, Robert Morris.

Daniel Taylor, CB/WR out of TN. Offers from Southern Miss, App State, Navy, Air Force, Furman, Princeton.

I'm amazed by the volume of offers we've gotten out there. This staff is really putting in some work in identifying who they want. I believe they'll be effective in building relationships and get some great talent.
We have a new regime with different recruiting phylosophies , but my question is-
are we allowed to throw out offers to as many players as we want with the full knowledge that we can only take @18 recruits.

We have a new regime with different recruiting phylosophies , but my question is-
are we allowed to throw out offers to as many players as we want with the full knowledge that we can only take @18 recruits.

Have you looked at the number of offers by UR basketball on an annual basis?Obviously not.Take a look at the number of open spots and the number of offers.Is Mooney allowed to do that?Yikes.

The UR camps begin June 2/3.There will be more offers as a result of those camps.

With the first time early signing period of Dec 20-23 ,UR coaches are shooting for some signings at that time.Setting up internal competition among a large number of offerees for 15 spots is a good thing.Getting an ED(Early Decision) from offerees lets the coaches know where they stand with other,non-committed offerees heading into the normal,early February signing date.

Last edited:
(Totally hypothetical) So, if we offer 4 RBs scholarships, really wanting # 1 and #2 , but #3 and #4 sign a loi, we have to go back and pull our offers for 1 & 2, even if they decide to accept our offer?

Well, hopefully it doesn't get to the signing stage, because you can't pull it at that point. At the commitment stage, the staff has a few options. They can accept the commitments from 3 and 4 and tell 1 and 2 there are no longer spots for them.

Or they can not immediately accept the commitments from 3 and 4 and first go to 1 and 2 and give them a take it or leave it offer, saying they have someone else ready to take the spot.

Or they can accept commitments from 3 and 4 and then if 1 or 2 wants to commit later, accept an extra RB figuring you can move people around and use them elsewhere if necessary.

You do see some shady reports of commitments being accepted and then later being revoked because a better player came along. It's bad publicity, but it happens. Obviously the highest profile cases of that happen at marquee P5 programs.

Reactions: Spiders05
We could save time and energy if we just put out a generic offer to 2 or 3-star athletes or higher in all high schools nationwide who are so tall, so fast, so quick, who can jump so high, who can pass so far, who have at least a "B" average, who have no felony convictions, who play well with others, (enter additional criteria here).
"All you guys meeting these criteria, well, please come to our school to play football." Throw in a few pictures of the campus and a video of the coaches and tell them that after the first 18 commit and sign, they will have to settle for a different school. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Mention the value of a UR degree.

We could save time and energy if we just put out a generic offer to 2 or 3-star athletes or higher in all high schools nationwide who are so tall, so fast, so quick, who can jump so high, who can pass so far, who have at least a "B" average, who have no felony convictions, who play well with others, (enter additional criteria here).
"All you guys meeting these criteria, well, please come to our school to play football." Throw in a few pictures of the campus and a video of the coaches and tell them that after the first 18 commit and sign, they will have to settle for a different school. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Mention the value of a UR degree.
I like the idea- but Southern Cal would put pictures of their cheerleaders and no one would be available .

Luke Burnette, TE/DE from outside of Charlotte. Offers from FIU, Army, Youngstown, Butler.

DJ Brown, DB out of DC. Offers from Arizona, Vandy, Boston College, Ball State, Buffalo, Marshall, Navy, Army, Charlotte, Towson, Albany, Elon, Youngstown, Bucknell, Harvard, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Columbia, Yale, Dartmouth, Robert Morris.

Tony doesn't have an offer but will be back for camp in an effort to earn one.
05 I hope they give him one, for his video made him look like a one man wrecking machine. Many times he was double teamed and still
got back in the back field. Can you say Kerry Wynn, an ex Louisa boy if I remember right.

Billy Kemp, a little guy WR/DB out of Highland Springs. Also offered by Norfolk State.

Annap, look at how many acceptance letters we send out as a school for just regular students. the people in charge have a feel as to how many they need to have out there to obtain the number of students/players they want. it kind of takes care of itself as commits come in and we drop off players as positions are filled. sometimes am sure they get caught with their pants down but probably rare.

Annap, look at how many acceptance letters we send out as a school for just regular students. the people in charge have a feel as to how many they need to have out there to obtain the number of students/players they want. it kind of takes care of itself as commits come in and we drop off players as positions are filled. sometimes am sure they get caught with their pants down but probably rare.

Obvious red herrings among our offers.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/bios/coleman_tim_fnbr?view=bio

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/timothy-coleman-6519

HERO sports 1st team freshman team 2016:

FIRST TEAM - OFFENSE
POS
PLAYER COLLEGE STATS
ATH Chris Murray Montana State 860 yds rush, 12 TD; 778 pass. 6 TDs
OL Nick Nixon Samford 10 games, 9 starts
OL Mitch Brott Montana State 11 games, 10 starts
OL Tim Coleman Furman 11 games, 11 starts <<<<<<---------<<<<<<<<--------
OL Dallen Collins Idaho State 11 games, 11 starts
OL Dontae Duff Liberty Second team all Big South
QB Tyrie Adams Western Carolina 2,568 yds passing, 15 TDs - top Fr. passer
RB Deontez Thompson Richmond 1,001 yds rushing, 9 TDs
RB Mike Waters Delaware State 820 yds rushing, 5 TDs
RB Jordan Bentley Alabama A&M 851 yds rushing, 9 TDs
RB A.J. Hines Duquesne 1,296 yds rushing, 13 TDs
WR Steven Newbold Tennessee State 784 yds receiving, 41 catches, 6 TDs
WR Tamrick Pace Stephen F. Austin 836 yds receiving, 52 catches, 8 TDs
WR Nathan Stewart Sam Houston State

No.57

Last edited:
Deondrae Williams, DE/MLB out of Alabama. Offers from Troy, Navy, and Citadel.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT