ADVERTISEMENT

Roster 2023(as of 7/21/23) including Transfers added

Nick has really stepped up. Think we have him one more year, right? I’m not ready to fully write off this year but offense next year has potentially to have a pretty explosive passing attack.

Nick has really stepped up. Think we have him one more year, right? I’m not ready to fully write off this year but offense next year has potentially to have a pretty explosive passing attack.
I believe this is his 4th season

I believe this is his 4th season

Nick DeGennaro - Football - University of Richmond Athletics

UMD
———

2020(Covid season)4 games played

2021 3 games played

UR
——-

2022 13 games played

2023 7 games played

He has been out due to being injured since mid-season and was not going to play again this season. We are extremely thin at DB and have been since his injury and Stefan Black leaving after fall camp. This position will definitely be a need moving forward for some increased depth. Our two corners are playing a lot of snaps and most on an island in man to man coverage. Staff has adjusted by giving Jabril Hayes some snaps at corner as well as safety. Also thought it was interesting that freshman, Matthew Traynor played in his 5th game at WM giving up a year of eligibility. He has been a practice sensation and helped save the season by blocking an extra point at Stony Brook late in the game. He is listed as a DB but is built like a safety. He played on special teams at WM but didn’t notice him getting any snaps on defense. I think there is a new rule that the playoffs no longer count towards the 4 game participation for freshman.

Reactions: urfan1
He has been out due to being injured since mid-season and was not going to play again this season. We are extremely thin at DB and have been since his injury and Stefan Black leaving after fall camp. This position will definitely be a need moving forward for some increased depth. Our two corners are playing a lot of snaps and most on an island in man to man coverage. Staff has adjusted by giving Jabril Hayes some snaps at corner as well as safety. Also thought it was interesting that freshman, Matthew Traynor played in his 5th game at WM giving up a year of eligibility. He has been a practice sensation and helped save the season by blocking an extra point at Stony Brook late in the game. He is listed as a DB but is built like a safety. He played on special teams at WM but didn’t notice him getting any snaps on defense. I think there is a new rule that the playoffs no longer count towards the 4 game participation for freshman.

He picked up a Senior Bowl invite and I've seen a few places rating him a potential mid to late round pick.

Sure we will lose a few but like KE Spider said my takeaway is this staff knows how to identify talent and get them signed. This year's team had excellent depth which allowed for rotation in key spots. We were thin at DB due in part to some of the attrition at that spot the last two years. Keep getting quality recruits from winning programs and good things will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT