ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Game Thread - 11/17/2022

So we are learning a few things - - especially about the new guys.

Roche can shoot. Roche can not defend (and he's still a little lost running the offense).

Nelson is going to be (really) good. He isn't good yet.

Quinn is very large. Quinn is not very quick.

Don't know what to make of Bigelow. Jack of all trades, but master of none. Other people will need to play well for Bigelow to be good. Needs to be a complementary player not an big impact guy.

Lot of standing around there while Nelson dribbles among a bunch of Shockers.

No movement and soft lob passes are not going to work. How many times have we faced a long team that has done this to us and we still have no clue what to do.

Burton should be taking our final shot of the half nearly every time. Seems like first 3 games the plan has been dump it to Jason with 3 seconds left. Not smart

Ugly as hell, but still have a chance. Let’s see if any adjustments are made. Have to attack at some point.

Fugly.
60 points is all it takes to beat the Spiders... Dreadful offense.
Some may think it's too early to tell... I say, "really?" I'm surprised it took you this long when it was rather apparant we had nothing offensively 20 minutes after watching Quinn play the post first game. No effective shooters.
Well VT, I asked before and I don't recall an answer... No statistics but where are our points coming from??? Long year.

Tyler seemed animated at one point towards Quinn … probably needed and glad to see him becoming the leader

Didn't watch CofC game and only very little of first two. Couple issues coming into season for me was other than Tyler where would the points come from along with who also could be productive from 3PT range.

Well only 3 games with small sample size but Spider stats show shooting only 32% from deep with 48.5% being 3PT attempts. So what you know they start game 3-10 all 3PT attempts. End half shooting 8-26 being 3-17 from deep. No surprise coinciding with that was zero FTA.

We all know little chance of success taking that many 3PTA if not better than average making them. WichSt was smart with their length playing enough zone to force Spiders to beat them from deep. Bob B even stated early on plenty of space in the middle of defense. Quinn easily can get the ball there but just watching him doesn't appear to have that passing ability of some previous Mooney big man.

Down only 9 and could be worst so hopefully they find a way to get the ball inside for higher % of making shots or they get hot from deep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT