Aidan Noyes15.35
Michael Walz7.30
Delonnie Hunt6.60
Jordan King6.22
Isaiah Bigelow2.38
Mikkel Tyne-2.72
Tyler Harris-4.14
Jason Roche-4.99

Unfortunate result after such a strong start to the game. As mentioned in the lead up, Richmond was going to have to make 3's to win this game, and failed to do so....hard, despite keeping Post quiet for the first half. Quinn was a major bright spot in this one, showing he has what it takes and leveling up from last season. Pun intended, he unexpectedly owned Post in the post, especially early on, but maintained well throughout the game. Dji was also a bright spot, and was quite efficient when Bigs was in foul trouble (which he can't get into). He's turning into an excellent 6th man, though I expect him to be in the lineup soon enough. Noyes also continues to have solid performances offensively.

Now for the downs. King had a tough game, which can only be expected knowing his inconsistency and how BC contains down low. For someone his size, the matchup wasn't great, but he did miss some shots he should make. Roche really blew this one, it was his shot to show his 3 point shooting prowess and Mooney and the team put a lot of faith in him, and he couldn't produce. Look to see his minutes decline as a result. Also, I know Hunt is known to be inconsistent, but this inconsistent? Love his leadership, but he has to shoot better than that.

Tough loss, though can't say it was completely unexpected. Unfortunately, I think we were clearly the better team but just failed to execute, which makes it sting more. Not all bad, some positives to take, and competed against (bottom) ACC talent. Huge test next against ranked Colorado, so let's use this as a "tune up" of sorts and hope we shake those shooting woes in the next one

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT