ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Game Thread - 11/17/2022

Mooney already said Walz will play tonight.
I expect him to play. But would not surprise me if game dictates he gets no time at all or just a spot minute or two. We beat VMI by 20 and he played 3 minutes. I have a hard time imagining one guy goes down (MFG) and all of sudden he is playing 15 minutes tonight.

SInce Wichita is small - maybe we try to expose that, slow game down, and let Quinn operate more on low block? Get him going with some easy shots early.

I expect him to play. But would not surprise me if game dictates he gets no time at all or just a spot minute or two. We beat VMI by 20 and he played 3 minutes. I have a hard time imagining one guy goes down (MFG) and all of sudden he is playing 15 minutes tonight.

SInce Wichita is small - maybe we try to expose that, slow game down, and let Quinn operate more on low block? Get him going with some easy shots early.
A front line of Abidde 6'9", Pohto 6'11", and Ballard 7'0" is small? ;)

Somewhat kidding, I know they play 40 minutes combined...

Interesting that so far they have hit 22% from three...and so have their opponents...

Interesting that so far they have hit 22% from three...and so have their opponents...
We have a way of bringing out the best in teams 3 point shooting. They might go off for 44% tonight but let's hope this new lineup holds them to that 22%.

• Sad
Reactions: plydogg
I expect him to play. But would not surprise me if game dictates he gets no time at all or just a spot minute or two.
I expect him at the scorer's table with 16 minutes left in the 1st half. how that goes will determine how much more he plays.

Reactions: VT4700
I’m taking the under on 10 minutes for Walz. I think I’d take the under on 5 minutes as well.

Reactions: nathanw19
I know we don't have to match our line-up size-wise with the opponent, but you guys are asking a lot of Bigelow (or Burton) if you want him to man up against Pohto (6'11" 235) or Ballard (7'0" 244).

Reactions: gospidersgo
I’ll take the classic “I forgot to put him in” line at the end of the game. Hope I’m wrong.
I’m hoping for the new line “I was too busy watching Quinn get 16 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 1 turnover, so I forgot to put him in.”

Reactions: nathanw19
Last-minute ringer for the Shockers...as if they needed another big to throw against us.

Need Quinn to receive the ball in the middle of the zone and make a move towards the basket. So far he’s been a non-factor

We have no idea how to attack this zone. And we're being sloppy against their long and active defenders.

Why is it nearly impossible for Mooney teams to get off to a good start against good teams, especially at home? Its a strange phenomena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT