ADVERTISEMENT

VIRGIL GOODE

tarrantula

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
I don't have time to talk in detail about Virgil's platform, I've got a 10:00 tee time. For those who don't know Virgil, he is a UR grad who is a native of Franklin County. He has represented this area in the state and federal legislatures. Virgil is running for President of the United States. Although we are not currently members of the same political party, I have never voted against Virgil. We have been friends since he returned to this area after graduating from UR. His father was a great help to me when I first started my law practice (in fact, I spent my first day as a lawyer watching Virgil senior represent a local man on a criminal charge before a jury). I learned much more from that experience than I did in the trial practice class in law school.

Virgil knows that he has no chance to win the office, he is only on the ballot in a few states, but he has a platform he wants to represent. If you have time, Google Virgil Goode for President and read his platform.

This post was edited on 9/8 11:17 PM by tarrantula

This post was edited on 9/8 11:19 PM by tarrantula

remember Virgil being an excellent student, a nice guy and as a politician, just a common sense guy, voting for things he thought were right and against things he thought were wrrong, no matter the party line. if we had an entire, or at least a majority, senate and house made up of commons sense, no party people, we could get things done. right or wrong is out the window now, just vote what your party wants you to do. you know these politicians know they are voting for their party rather than for their country and that is a shame.

Well, friend Spinner...this is a day for celebration. We are in total agreement! Some might say that being on the ballot as the candidate of an unknown party is foolishness, but I agree with you Spinner, Virgil is preaching common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT