ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola Game Thread - Tues 8pm ESPN+

I expect a loss on the road until we get a win. I hope it's Tuesday but I am not counting on it.

I'm a troll for recognizing that we are 2-17 in our last 19 true road games? Ok. I'm rooting and hoping for a win, but I'm also not predicting one until after we have actually proven that we can get one. I hope it happens Tuesday, but Loyola is a good team.

I'm a troll for recognizing that we are 2-17 in our last 19 true road games? Ok. I'm rooting and hoping for a win, but I'm also not predicting one until after we have actually proven that we can get one. I hope it happens Tuesday, but Loyola is a good team.
EL - the most important stat right is what is our record since 2000 on snowdays .. can you or SF research and report back.

Same. You would have to simply ignore all data to predict a road W for us. Again, I hope we win. We have the talent to win, but until we start winning road games, it is foolhardy to start making proclamations as such.

EL - the most important stat right is what is our record since 2000 on snowdays .. can you or SF research and report back.
This is absolutely a critical stat, I agree...

As far as road games go, I recall that terrible loss at Oral Roberts during the TJ/SDJ days that I think occurred during a random Texas snowstorm. We have had some good snow wins at home (Temple in the Wainwright era comes to mind immediately).

Reactions: Section9.RowD
This is absolutely a critical stat, I agree...

As far as road games go, I recall that terrible loss at Oral Roberts during the TJ/SDJ days that I think occurred during a random Texas snowstorm. We have had some good snow wins at home (Temple in the Wainwright era comes to mind immediately).
Remember a number of icy/snows walks back to and from Robins in '94 .. good times

Reactions: Eight Legger
This is not trolling. ManiBenton, SpiderK, and FatherSpider are trolling. Also that Temple guy after they picked up Zack Hicks. It's not that hard to tell the difference.

Section 9 sits in Detroit delayed for the last few hours.. Nearing 2 million Delta lifetime miles and the Platinum status dust to dust that comes with it. Every new mile counts right now since work travel is much less than in prior years but still questioning the sanity of not doing the direct LUV flight ..

Go Huskies ...

Last edited:
Reactions: spider23 and urfan1
I expect a loss on the road until we get a win. I hope it's Tuesday but I am not counting on it.
I see this as a critical game. We played our best game of the season beating a good St Bon team. It’s imperative that we show we can take momentum from that game into tonight’s game. We need to show back to back strong outings and back to back wins. We also need to show that we can win a road game. Moral victories don’t count tonight. Continue tonight where we left off vs Bonnie’s. Consistency of aggressive play and rebounding.

SpiderGuy, I totally agree. Need to win on the road for confidence purposes and to establish a top 4 line of sight.

Defense and aggression - keep it high but understand that the whistle on the road may not be a good one for UR. Cannot get Bigs/Neal/Dji in foul trouble.

On offense, must have BOTH King and Quinn playing/scoring well. Offense cannot put out 50-something points and expect to win. On the road I think a key number is something like 7 made 3 pointers or more. If we get a bad whistle it’s almost certain Loyola will take more FTA.

Anyone know if DeLonnie is cleared/playing?

Loyola appears to be:
Quinn & Dolan for assists
Norris & Watson (from Davidson) for threes
and 6’10” freshman Rubin for Blocks (4th in nation) and twos(115th in%)

Think this game sets up nicely for us like Bona game. Some other games won't, but the 1st two conference games have.

1st league road game u r always focused in. We have experience on road already, tho not winning ones, but that experience should still be a little helpful. Frankly we are just due for a road win overall, especially a toss up or as a rather inconsequential underdog. I don't think it will be any type of raucous road environment either. Loyola is playing well lately but I think perhaps a little overvalued. fairly balanced scoring but no 1 guy I think u have to shut down. Couple strong 3 pt shooters but our stats say we handle that very well so far. we're due to shoot 3 ball a lot better ourselves in these type of games, but that one I'm less condident about. & we'll be more motivated for Section9's delta points.

Expecting a win.

Think this game sets up nicely for us like Bona game. Some other games won't, but the 1st two conference games have.

1st league road game u r always focused in. We have experience on road already, tho not winning ones, but that experience should still be a little helpful. Frankly we are just due for a road win overall, especially a toss up or as a rather inconsequential underdog. I don't think it will be any type of raucous road environment either. Loyola is playing well lately but I think perhaps a little overvalued. fairly balanced scoring but no 1 guy I think u have to shut down. Couple strong 3 pt shooters but our stats say we handle that very well so far. we're due to shoot 3 ball a lot better ourselves in these type of games, but that one I'm less condident about. & we'll be more motivated for Section9's delta points.

Expecting a win.
I like our chances in this one . Ramblers last
game : 16 turnovers & left 11 points at the foul
line . Tasty !

I'm torn because the past season and a half has told me don't expect a road win here, especially in a game like this which is a really crucial spot for our season. I'm not from Missouri but they need to show me.

That said, we are definitely due for a road win and after the inspired performance on Saturday it feels like it's time. I'm thinking we pull this one out tonight (knocks on wood).

Looked sloppy and careless early....not shooting great either.....fortunately LUC shooting poorly too

Would like to see our bigs get some touches in the paint. It’s all on the perimeter right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT