ADVERTISEMENT

UR vs Villanova

TBSpyder

Graduate Assistant
Sep 24, 2011
Lots of individual errors by both squads. Villanova looks stronger to me, but lead only 3-0 at halftime. they do get the ball first in 3rd quarter. A fumble by Rocco at the VU goal line, really hurt UR. Two long field goal attempts by UR also seem like questionable decisions.

I think this may be the best performance of the season, by the defense. It's up to the offense. Obviously, if we stop VU, game could go either way. We have not rushed the ball well, and Rocco has been off target at times, and other times, receivers have dropped passes. We need to score early on, can't count on defense, shutting down VU for 60 minutes.

If our defense can play like this for the rest of the season, everything is possible.

Rocco should not be running the ball. I am afraid he will be injured.
This post was edited on 11/3 3:48 PM by Stonewall D

UR holds first series, miscue on punt by VU. It's up to offense, to win this game. Kudos to the defense.

Offense blew a golden opportunity, could be the game, we've blown two chances for TDs. Yoder's field goal, ties it up. Can't count on Defense to do it all, offense needs to do it's part.

Defense finally cracks. IT's really up to offense now. Score or go home. Well, that might be overstating it a bit, a lot of time left. But we need to show some ability to score, PDQ.

Okay, with Rocco running the ball, he recognized the opening. You play to win. Offense has shifted the burden to the Defense. We need to hold.

Both sides of scrimmage line, performing well. But, I do have to wonder why tight ends, not used more. We complete a lot of passes to wide receivers with two defenders.

This is in part what happens when you don't play for almost two years. Practice can't duplicate the need to feel that rush and either get rid of it early or just take the sack.

For any player, you dream of having the game in your hands. It's Rocco's time. To me, Strauss is just the better QB. But Rocco is on the field now, and he has the chance of winning this game, maybe our biggest game of the year. Go Rocco!

4 times inside the red zone and only 10 points. Hope that does not comeback to bite us.

give me a break, Rocco throws to a receiver, triple covered. Are we trying to lose?

Lots of good individual performances, and a lot of individual miscues. But, I'd give game ball to the Defense, their best showing of the year.

All in all, this was the most entertaining game I've watched in a long time. Just need to keep this defensive intensity through the remaining games. A playoff spot is ours to lose at this point.

Great win for the Spiders! The defense played awesome and contained Robertson just enough. Rocco and the offense did a respectable job moving the ball against a very good team. Spiders were able to run the ball at the end when they needed to run out the clock. This game had a playoff feel and UR was able to capitalize on a missed extra point to get the win. Nice job all around!

Great win despite exasperating miscues by the offense. Saw Strauss on the sideline. Spiders sure could use him the rest of the way. TV color guy said he'd eat his shoe (size 15W) if teams didn't each score 30 points. Bon appetite.

Great game by the defense today. Glad to see them have their day. Great win today.

Usually a defensive game is not one that creates a lot of excitement, but give both teams credit with tremendous hits and plays.
I think Nova's secondary was not quite as sharp as outs, but their front 7 or 8 were strong.

May be the best game I have seen from all 3 LBs for UR in a long time. They kept running away from Roane and Howard would not let them get outside. At the end Fisher just would not be denied and it did not matter that he did not have much yardage up to that point. He was going to require more then one defender to bring him down.

Now go to Maine and play where we have struggled at times. Maine is not as strong as in years pass as barely got pass Rhode Island. Win next two out of three and we are in. Don't look pass the Black Bears for JMU.

As Coach Rocco said in the post game, sometimes the offense looked really good. It was in synch sometimes and very efficient. At other times it was not efficient. The offense left a lot of points on the field.

TBS and SD....Those are a couple of miserable posts. Why even bother watching the games....
edited to take out personal attacks.
This post was edited on 11/1 5:41 PM by Spidersssssss

^^Yep. A pair of ass hats sitting in front of their laptop instead of out willing our boys to a W. Absolutely pathetic.

I am always glad to read the in game threads from those watching . Was Nova's TD legit?

Spidersss,

Screw you. I thought my posts, dead on. I'm losing this URL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT