ADVERTISEMENT

UR vs. Elon In-game Thread

I agree, we shouldn't overlook anyone. But who is Elon? Is this a new college named after Elon Musk?

Elon is 1-6. Even with our recent injuries, there's no reason we shouldn't win this game. I'm not worried until they give me a reason to be, especially if we can keep our running game going.

This post was edited on 10/25 3:12 PM by RylandRecluse

Couple of bad throws by Rocco, the first one intercepted and the second one should have been.

I sure do miss Strauss

Really poor defense on the fake punt by Elon. Not only did they get first down, 2 injured Spiders. Our momentum is definitely ebbing.

Nice play call with the fake punt, plus we get two guys hurt on the play. Wow. Do we even have a fake punt in the playbook?

We're also going to get a punt or two blocked before the year is over. Oh look soft coverage on 4th down. So much talent so,little coaching.

This post was edited on 10/25 3:57 PM by Anachnoid

more importantly, do we have a fake punt D in the playbook

Man, I hope we are just playing down to the competition, because the offense has to play a whole lot better to even have a prayer against Villanova

On that fake punt we overloaded the left side of our DLine with extra men with few on the right side.Punter read it perfectly.We asked for it.We got it.We play like we sometimes don't get it.

Concerned about QB play. I hope Rocco is still shaking off the rust. He is not as accurate as Strauss.

Rocco had over 200 yards passing in the first half and I am still not convinced we will be successful with him leading this offense. Add on this latest Int. We are going to miss Strauss the rest of this year. Hate being negative while on a winning streak. Maybe the defense and Jacobi/Seth can carry us for the rest of the year.

9 penalties for 75 yards. Richmond may not be the most penalized team in the conference, but it sure seems like it during the past 3 games.

Nice take away by D. The D lineman got his hands up to bat the pass into the air and DB made pick.

Good grief guys. We're up 3 scores in a conference road game. Read this thread and you'd think we were losing.

if we are this negative with a 20 point lead, think what the fighting christian board must be like.....

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Good grief guys. We're up 3 scores in a conference road game. Read this thread and you'd think we were losing.
I think the issue is that we went from one smooth high scoring effective offense to one that is stumbling, bumbling, penalized and disjointed. Most of us probably think that if the offense plays the same way against Villanova, it probably won't be close.

Special teams continue to be a problem, two punts have nearly been blocked as well as other mistakes.

On the other hand, the defense is stepping up their game just at the right time.

How does 20 points equate to 4 tds?
Inept offensive performance. Nova will beat us by 20.

We will find out next week what kind of team we have. I hope you glass-half full guys are right, I would so love to be wrong.

P.S. Rocco is not a backup quarterback, he is #1 and will be the rest of the way

It was nice to get a conference win on the road, but Elon clearly is not a very good team. The defense played well and the offense had its moments. Spiders will need to play much better than today to beat Nova.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT