ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 38 Elon 24 - Spiders Defense Solves the Phoenix!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

yesterday the Spiders defense came through just as it has since October...the defense has given us a chance to win each game of the win streak...it has stopped, or controlled, three of the best QBs and offenses in the CAA...Rhode Island, Campbell and Elon yesterday...

our defensive line rotation of Louis, Grant, Stocklinski, Barnett, Fitz, Byrd, Hoilette and Murray have consistently applied pressure to the opponents QB and disrupted their running game...they are one of the prime reasons we lead FCS in forced turnovers...

and what can you say about Wheeler, Galloway, Joseph and Hoilette as the backers...they don't miss too often

yesterday with the exception of one big run by Hampden this group stopped the Phoenix rushing game...while applying enough pressure to control their vertical game for most of the contest...the Phoenix QB didn't have many clean pockets...the two 4th down stops in the 2nd half were keys to stalling an Elon comeback...

the amateur video of the selected defensive plays will give those who missed the game, or telecast, a glimpse of some of the big plays by our defense...

it sure looks like our defense and offense are gelling at the best possible time...I expect the Indians to be another tough out, but am confident our defense will give us a chance to win the Championship!

Go Spiders!

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Got any video of the Trusler fake/run?

Early, made a statement, kind of set our tone for the game, but not to be found in video I can find. Coach said they had practiced it all week, did not call it, that Trusler recognized the opportunity on his own.

As I recall, he looked pretty damned fast, but alas me too when I weighted 168. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT