ADVERTISEMENT

NC Central

Mar 19, 2022
Is it Saturday yet??? Excited for the opportunity this team has ahead of them!

NC Central is a good football team. I genuinely believe we’re better. We’ll have some good film to watch considering they played Elon and Morgan State.

Let’s ignore Villanova for a second… when we take care of business Saturday we’ll get a true CAA champ in a few weeks!

Roll Spides!

Is it Saturday yet??? Excited for the opportunity this team has ahead of them!

NC Central is a good football team. I genuinely believe we’re better. We’ll have some good film to watch considering they played Elon and Morgan State.

Let’s ignore Villanova for a second… when we take care of business Saturday we’ll get a true CAA champ in a few weeks!

Roll Spides!
They also played NCAT and Campbell i believe.

Good team. Great QB. Ranked in top 10 most of season. Beat Elon on the road as a barometer.

Spiders need to bring the A-game. Central is for real.

Go Spiders!

Good team. Great QB. Ranked in top 10 most of season. Beat Elon on the road as a barometer.

Spiders need to bring the A-game. Central is for real.

Go Spiders!
Well considering Elon and NCCU are less than 30 minutes apart, I bet there was heavy contingent of
NCCU fans.

One of their wins was against Winston-Salem State, a D2 school. They won 6 in a row, after losing to UCLA. They are a good football team.

(9-2,4-1)

9/2/2023 4:00 P.M. Winston-Salem State Durham, N.C. H W 47-21
9/9/2023 7:00 P.M. at North Carolina A&T State Greensboro, N.C. A W 30-16
9/16/2023 5:00 P.M. at UCLA Los Angeles, Calif. A L 7-59
9/23/2023 3:00 P.M. vs. Mississippi Valley State Indianapolis, Ind. N W 45-3
9/30/2023 4:00 P.M. Campbell Durham, N.C. H W 49-48
10/7/2023 2:00 P.M. at Elon Elon, N.C. A W 34-23
10/19/2023 7:30 P.M. at Morgan State Baltimore, Md. A * W 16-10
10/26/2023 7:30 P.M. South Carolina State Durham, N.C. H * W 62-28
11/4/2023 3:30 P.M. Norfolk State Durham, N.C. H * W 38-24
11/11/2023 3:30 P.M. at Howard Washington, D.C. A * L 20-50
11/18/2023 2:00 P.M. Delaware State Durham, N.C. H * W 55-14

Most folks on Anygivensaturday don't like NCCU's inclusion in the field, yet some of them think they will beat us. That says we're not getting a lot of respect. Time to step up and kick the crap out of everyone in our way. Loud and proud on Saturday fellas.
The majority of posters there are fans of MVFC or Big Sky, they have no reason to pay the price for Flo broadcast and have not seen Spiders play (Nor any team from the CAA for that matter). They think their conference's 7-4 teams should have been included and probably no MEAC team should get an at large and their 7-4 teams deserve a spot over conference tri-champions elsewhere in the country, and they might, but a lot of the same ones from those two conferences thought Spiders were wasting their time going out to Sac State last year and saw differently.

I suspect they do not realize Morgan State has a pretty good defense and while Spiders should have taken care of business, l think they see that as such a bad lose Morgan State is still not getting credit for being better than normal. NCCU only beat them by 6 so maybe more misconception IMO. They also have no idea what the QB situation was for Spiders vs Hampton in the first half of that game. Not many (if any) FCS teams can stand the offensive side for their team only making one first down in a half of football and hold the opposing team down for thirty minutes. Delaware lost 1 and 2 QBs vs Nova last Saturday and suffered the same fate (admittedly Nova is better than Hampton), but results worked out about the same. NC Cental is pretty good as well and I suspect the Spiders will be much better prepared for them, than they were for Morgan State.

Hope every team Spiders play has the attitude that they lost to Morgan State and Hampton, they cannot be that good. At any rate some on AGS will say the loser of our game this Saturday should not have been in one way or other.

Great post from whampas and ncspiderfan. I suggest more of our fans go over to Anygivensaturday and get an account and support our program on a national forum. Ncspiderfan is right about the bias there for MVFC and the big state schools but it is fun to interact with those from other parts of the country about FCS Football.

We can definitely lose this game, but I think it's fair to say that the team that lost to Hampton and Morgan State is not the current version of this team. If we play like the old version, we will lose. If we play like the new version, we can win a few games in this tournament.

NC Central QB getting some love for
small school draft prospects 2024.
He’s good
Hopefully he can't throw from his back and we can find a way to keep him there for a good part of the day. Make him uncomfortable all day. I read somewhere they beat one team with a winning record. No prisoners.

Hoping the team uses all of the predictions as bulletin board material!

Happy thanksgiving to all the Spider fans! Hope to see a great showing Saturday!

Reactions: urfan1
The majority of posters there are fans of MVFC or Big Sky, they have no reason to pay the price for Flo broadcast and have not seen Spiders play (Nor any team from the CAA for that matter). They think their conference's 7-4 teams should have been included and probably no MEAC team should get an at large and their 7-4 teams deserve a spot over conference tri-champions elsewhere in the country, and they might, but a lot of the same ones from those two conferences thought Spiders were wasting their time going out to Sac State last year and saw differently.

I suspect they do not realize Morgan State has a pretty good defense and while Spiders should have taken care of business, l think they see that as such a bad lose Morgan State is still not getting credit for being better than normal. NCCU only beat them by 6 so maybe more misconception IMO. They also have no idea what the QB situation was for Spiders vs Hampton in the first half of that game. Not many (if any) FCS teams can stand the offensive side for their team only making one first down in a half of football and hold the opposing team down for thirty minutes. Delaware lost 1 and 2 QBs vs Nova last Saturday and suffered the same fate (admittedly Nova is better than Hampton), but results worked out about the same. NC Cental is pretty good as well and I suspect the Spiders will be much better prepared for them, than they were for Morgan State.

Hope every team Spiders play has the attitude that they lost to Morgan State and Hampton, they cannot be that good. At any rate some on AGS will say the loser of our game this Saturday should not have been in one way or other.
77% predict a Spider victory.

Most of the prognosticators are predicting a Central win.

you don't read, or hear, much about the Eagles defense...they gave up over 45 points three times and averaged giving up about 27 points per game...

Massey rates the NCCU defense 99th versus 23th for the Spiders...I believe our offense can have a big day and our defense can slow them down...Massey rates the offenses just about even...

Go Spiders!

Hopefully he can't throw from his back and we can find a way to keep him there for a good part of the day. Make him uncomfortable all day. I read somewhere they beat one team with a winning record. No prisoners.
We only beat 3 with a winning record......

Love that the PR Department is now putting out messages through players. No doubt that the crowd last week was heard and appreciated by the team. Let's bring the party to RVA and show out loud and proud Saturday. Fight song in Lot 66 at 1:30 at Peanut Gang Tailgate. See you there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT