ADVERTISEMENT

This Board

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
There is either going to be a statement that personal attacks on student athletes are not allowed (and then calling people that defend the student athlete a "drunk") or I'm done.

Is this crap permitted here in the name of "free speech"? Is that it?

I think you need to specify personal attack. If KL throws 5 picks and I say "he sucks", is that too far?

Then someone called a fellow fan a pansy and threatened assault and battery. How can we let that go on a sports fan board?? :)

if the shoe fits K, wear it. this is not the nfl with pros who are paid and supposed to perform. this is our team and personal stuff hurled at them is just not needed. you can make your points without doing it in that manner.

Reactions: Spidermaniac
I agree, calling out our student/athletes when they make mistakes is hitting below the belt. Sometimes I yell at them while watching the games but hope I would never post my thoughts. They are kids after all, giving their best for UR. Today, they gutted out a win.

If he throws two touchdown passes in the second half and leads us to a very big comeback win are you going to say he had a great second half, or are you going to only let us know when he sucks.

Agree Mac, my comment was just to clarify what we are counting as a personal attack. Very easy to point out the bad but we should all point out the positives. It was very easy for some to say how bad it was in the 1st half today but if you hung around our team showed fight despite not a lot working. As Mo said, we showed moxy.

The problem is spiders k thinks it's funny to make what he thinks are cute little comments to denigrate individual players. For example Kyle Lauletta has a noodle arm. In my opinion that's stupid and shows a complete lack of knowledge...so why say it? He's been doing it since he came on the board. Can't you say he's having a bad game or his arm strength is questionable or he made a bad decision. Does anyone need to say he or any of the athletes suck because they don't suck.

In my opinion spider k sucks and he's sucked ever since he came on the board.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Y'all are all right, let's just give everyone a trophy and agree to agree on everything. Koombaya

Sometimes fans get over the top on message boards. Uncalled for but the kids can deal with it. They know not to pay attention to this.

KL has not gotten a ton of reps. Be glad we got past this game and still won. He will learn from this, move on, and probably be better for it.

One putt

Digression but Lafayette had Blue Hens on the ropes in Newark this past Saturday night..Shoulda had em.No offense though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT