ADVERTISEMENT

Best way to get tickets for VCU game @ Siegel?

MDspider8

Starter
Apr 11, 2018
Jumping ahead a few weeks here, but hoping some on this board may able to help me. I'm looking to go to the game at VCU on 2/3 as I'll be in the area that weekend and don't get to go to games anymore since I moved away. It seems like the only way to get tickets officially from VCU is to purchase a 5-game plan, which obviously isn't going to work for me. There are a decent amount of tickets on Stubhub/SeatGeek which seem to be fairly pricey ($90 for the cheapest seats and $150+ for anything decent). I hope that more tickets at better rates might be available as we get closer, but I've never tried to go to this game so I realize that may just be what the prices will look like.

Has anyone had success with a particular method or have any other thoughts for me? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Jumping ahead a few weeks here, but hoping some on this board may able to help me. I'm looking to go to the game at VCU on 2/3 as I'll be in the area that weekend and don't get to go to games anymore since I moved away. It seems like the only way to get tickets officially from VCU is to purchase a 5-game plan, which obviously isn't going to work for me. There are a decent amount of tickets on Stubhub/SeatGeek which seem to be fairly pricey ($90 for the cheapest seats and $150+ for anything decent). I hope that more tickets at better rates might be available as we get closer, but I've never tried to go to this game so I realize that may just be what the prices will look like.

Has anyone had success with a particular method or have any other thoughts for me? Thanks in advance.
I have used Stubhub a few times - last year sat in Spiders tix 10 rows or so back with a single I bought the day before. thinking like $90 plus fees - also got lucky once on a snowday and bought tix direct from VCU when they ended up having extras due to the weather- the game we won at the Stu I think Gilly's freshman year.

Reactions: MDspider8
I'd suggest waiting it out. A few times in recent years they have been available through vcu the week of the game, since they have not sold them out. Really doubtful they will sell out in advance this year, given how bad they have been.

When I've gotten tickets in the past, I recall them being in the $90 range. Maybe, this year will be an exception, but I expect you'll still "pay" for them. Same happens at the RC. Cheapest at the RC is usually just shy of $100 for that game. When I couldn't make it in the past, I've sold mine for $150 or $200.

I gotta wonder if the StubHub prices will fall if VCU keeps losing. They're 0-2 in the A-10 (two home losses) and head to Fairfax to take on a tough GooMoo team next.

I gotta wonder if the StubHub prices will fall if VCU keeps losing. They're 0-2 in the A-10 (two home losses) and head to Fairfax to take on a tough GooMoo team next.
Will be curious about our turnout this game. Pre Maynor/Shaka you could see a decent amount of red in there. Maybe 150 each game since tops.

VCU made a deal with the devil when they attracted corporate donors and chased off all the old heads. Their true fans would probably help them through this rough spell with a good atmosphere, but all the seats are owned by empty suites, and when you aren't good, they aren't going to show up.

RO is a good coach, but I imagine this year will sour a lot of VCU fans on him. His brand of basketball is closer to Mooney than it is hAvOc!

Quick game I’d like us fans to look ahead to - buy up the rest of these seats local Spider fans!! Let’s put on our best showing at Seagull in years. I will be there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT