ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's vs VCU

Who do you have winning VCU vs. ST Mary's

• St. Mary's

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • VCU

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Well, the last post trying to be anti Rhoades mentioned his lack of NCAA wins so if you use that to compare what they have done lately, wouldn't Mooney have the edge over Odom? But, my point all along has been I don't think Odom is an upgrade over Rhoades. Not even close IMO. Has nothing to do with Mooney. I can't help it if everyone on here wants to turn every thread and every post into an anti Richmond or anti Mooney discussion.
I would also take Ryan Odom over Mike Rhoades. I think VCU wins here. But this is of course just subjective opinion.

Big contract for sure, but looks like Penn State did put in a fairly favorable buyout. I remember when a few posters on here said coaches don't sign contracts with buyouts & I had to debate they do & were only becoming more prevalent. Almost 10 mil of compensation they can get out of owing Rhoades after just year 3. That's a lot. Now it would have to go very bad to come to that which is unlikely but it's a hard job. Just interesting & refreshing to see.
where are you seeing the buyout info? this says all 7 years are guaranteed, but Rhoades pays a buyout for leaving early.

Odom likes to shoot the three. The only good thing about him being hired is that hopefully it’s officially the end of the havoc stuff, not that they had really been doing much of that lately anyway.

where are you seeing the buyout info? this says all 7 years are guaranteed, but Rhoades pays a buyout for leaving early.

on psu website didn't see article. on site I thought referring to PSU buyout of contract not Rhoades buyout if he left. sorry sman I messed that up! I can't imagine fully guaranteed all 7 years, if so what a contract. I know it lists guaranteed compensation each year but I believe that's if he's employed, i.e. not resigned, fired for cause, or bought out. But maybe penn st butchered that badly & has zero buyout, they r pretty common though. It would not be the first time penn state has butchered.

Reactions: spiderman
Let's put it this way. If both Mooney and Odom were free agents, not attached to any team (including UR) at this time. Based on their body of work and what they've done lately, as well as the trajectory of each coach, who would you take to coach this program to start from scratch? I'd take Odom every day of the week.
Mooney is only worried about how good Odom's chilie is, or whatever it is they cook-off now. Wins and losses is of no concern to the Moon man

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Watkins, DeLoach, and Kern have all gone portaling this morning.
Damn. That is a hit. I wonder if they follow Rhoades to Penn State. I'm pretty sure Penn State has like 3 rostered players right now, so there is lots of room up there. I wonder what Baldwin is going to do?

Reactions: spiderman
I'm actually not sure how many spots Penn State will have, but it looks like a lot. They have four in the portal now (including former Spider target Jameel Brown), plus Seth Lundy who is forgoing his last year to enter the draft. Looks like two incoming recruits have requested releases, and that doesn't include Shrewsberry's son in that class but who obviously won't be following through.

giphy.gif

It's not acceptable to the Lambs. I'm sure it is to you since you enjoy the status quo.
They weren't going to fire Rhoades, he left of his own volition. So apparently doing well in the regular season, but then not winning an NCAA tournament game throughout his entire career there, was perfectly acceptable to them.

Reactions: VT4700
They weren't going to fire Rhoades, he left of his own volition. So apparently doing well in the regular season, but then not winning an NCAA tournament game throughout his entire career there, was perfectly acceptable to them.
He wanted $2.5 million a year and a 4 year extension. They called his bluff, and brought in a better coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT