• VCU

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
Who do you have? The media seems to be all over VCU. Apparently St. Mary's guards turned the ball over like crazy against both BYU and Gonzaga, two teams that do not pressure the ball like VCU at all. St. Mary's does have very good Offensive and Defensive metrics, and slower pace may frustrate VCU. VCU comes in hot running through a weak A10 though. St. Mary's has played much tougher schedule. VCU should be able to bother and disrupt St. Mary's guard. Couple of X factors: As mentioned on other thread, this seems like the classic everyone is on VCU game. What can go wrong? Also, per Fan1's post, if the Ace rumors have some legs, or at least are circulating and the players have heard them, could play into the motivation and pysche of the Rams.

Either way, screw job from the NCAA not pitting these two against an over fluffed p6. I respect the hell out of the grind and will to win of both these mid majors. Probably pulling for St. Mary's in this one. Rhoades is a solid coach, but if he wins a couple and advances - could see him bolting. And I think VCU could grab someone better in that case. Either way, will be pulling for the winner. Love to see team and programs with an attitude, not a LOSER mentality like Queally.

Similar to SDSU and Charleston, the committee matched up two mid-majors so that only one can advance. I suspect that if both were playing P5s, they'd stand a decent shot of going 2-0. I think St. Mary's is just a better team than VCU and if I were betting, I would pick them to win. But who knows. Anything can happen. I suspect it will play out similarly to SDSU-Charleston, in which the better team won, but it was a fight.

There's really no reason we could not be St. Mary's year in and year out. None at all. Watching this game, it's really interesting to see how they attack VCU vs. how we wilt. VCU makes it tough to drive, but when our guys find it impossible, they just jack up bad threes. SMC guards are finding seams and going to the basket anyway. They move the ball 10x faster than we do, and they do it with purpose, whereas we often act like the only purpose is to pass it around.

Reactions: SpiderK
There's really no reason we could not be St. Mary's year in and year out. None at all. Watching this game, it's really interesting to see how they attack VCU vs. how we wilt. VCU makes it tough to drive, but when our guys find it impossible, they just jack up bad threes. SMC guards are finding seams and going to the basket anyway. They move the ball 10x faster than we do, and they do it with purpose, whereas we often act like the only purpose is to pass it around.
You’re right. They move much faster than we do with the ball. And CM isn’t changing our system. St M having their way with VCU. It’s interesting to see how crisp offenses can be in the tourney.

K3PC1693.jpg

I was certainly wrong by my close, competitive game prediction. If St. Mary's had shot even reasonably well they would have won this one by no less than 20. St. Mary's FAR superior, A-10 super weak.

Sadly (and happily) that's the truth. They didn't have any trouble against us or VCU this time or last.

VCU radio guys all but begging people to contribute to the Rams' NIL fund. "It WILL make a difference," they say.

Sounds like they are worried about losing Ace or whoever else. Too bad, so sad. Baldwin can't risk any more injuries. He should get paid while he has the chance.

• Haha
Reactions: SpiderK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT