ADVERTISEMENT

Roche done for the season

Per KenPom, our most frequent lineups involving Roche over the past 5 games:

- King/Hunt/Roche/Bailey/Quinn (3rd)
- Tyne/King/Roche/Bigelow/Walz (7th)
- Tyne/King/Roche/Bigelow/Quinn (8th)
- Tyne/Hunt/Roche/Harris/Quinn (10th)

Roche mainly comes in for Bailey as you think about it on a size basis, although they sometimes play together with Dji "at the 4."

Dji may get a few more minutes although he already plays a lot. Maybe Harris takes a few more at the 4 to allow Bailey more at the 3.

Does Noyes get more run?

Will we ever go super small and quick with Tyne, King, and Hunt together? I kinda doubt it.

Always hate to lose a player to injury. Definitely didn’t seem like a surgery required thing as I was surprised Jason was ruled out for second half of GW game. It wasn’t something that was pointed out on broadcast at least. Not sure if operation has already occurred or forthcoming, but hope all goes well including the rehab.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
time for Noyes to step up.

1. Sorry for Roche. Hope not acl. He wasn’t having a big impact & struggled more shooting but he did give us a different look on O and yeah I still think game or 2 out there this season we’d need him for sure. So that hurts. Brook mentioned Dayton 1st half but don’t forget Duquesne 1st half too.

2. Noyes is just bizarre. Bc how do u go from starter to zero role? U just don’t get handed starting positions. He made another big jump this offseason per Mooney & others. Presumably he earned it. Obv it was right move to bench him & then the ankle injury too but man it’s got to be a real confidence issue idk. I don’t think he gets a role w Roche out.

Noyes getting Nelson treatment from last year. Admittedly, both given the chance underperformed v expectations.

Total confidence destroying signal from coaching staff. Believe it could have been handled better for long term benefit of the program.

It’s game 1 and the rotation basically just shifted those 10 minutes to guys in it. Walz and Harris stepped up tonight. Noyes may yet get another shot this season, especially if any foul trouble. but what Roche gave was unique and what Noyes gives is different, he’s not a microwave gunner from anywhere. If he gets a shot he has to be aggressive on offense and solid on defense and hit def. boards hard.

I do not think a tight road game was the time to reinsert him into the rotation. Maybe at home is better.

Postgame story on the UR site says it's a meniscus injury, presumably a significant tear since it requires surgery.

Reactions: urfan1
as others have said his stats weren't eye-popping however he did have a big hand in winning us a few games this year so this does hurt the team. Beyond that, I hate to see any injuries like this that require significant downtime or surgery. Stay positive and heal up young man, we will be waiting to cheer you on at the RC next season,

really sorry to hear about Jason's injury. that's tough. his shooting didn't meet the sky-high expectations this year, but he always gave great effort defensively. I hope he's ready to get back to work this summer.

regarding his minutes, Harris definitely deserves them. he's impressed me for a while now in little runs on both ends. I want to see more.

Harris has gotten better as year progressed. Not a fancy, highly skilled player, but hard working
and blue collar mentality. Wish when he goes into the lane, he would take a few more shots. Last
night , I had no idea King had so many points. He was like a hurricane where his scoring came in
short bursts like rain squalls. Mooney and Miller spent more time on the court than off.

Everyone discusses Roche's shooting (or lack of), but I think he has provided solid defense, always hustling and guarding close...very quick hands in the face.

Reactions: spiderman
Sucks for Roche. I'm not sure what injury he had at start of the year, but seems like it put him behind all season. Hope he can get 100% healthy for next season and have a great year.

I have a ton of confidence in Harris. Always ready. Always plays hard. Can make a 3. Plays physical. Saw one rebound last night where it was kind of batted around and he just muscled his way to the ball an grabbed it, and was thinking not many other guys on the team get that one.

time for Noyes to step up.
Forget the exact game but Noyes was undercut going up for a shot and landed hard. Was surprised not called a flagrant but not even reviewed. Out for a few games and limited time since then. Not sure if he has fully recovered although medically cleared to come back. Plays hard and has shown ability to score in limited role.

Reactions: urfan1
Forget the exact game but Noyes was undercut going up for a shot and landed hard. Was surprised not called a flagrant but not even reviewed. Out for a few games and limited time since then. Not sure if he has fully recovered although medically cleared to come back. Plays hard and has shown ability to score in limited role.
Noyes is in the Mooney doghouse. He was given his chance at the beginning of the year and he didn't seize it. Think we run a 8 man rotation from here on out, unless we have another injury, foul trouble etc...

It is terrible news. Roche is a great team player that gives 100% to what ever he has asked. We will not know how bad the injury is until they open him up, but probably 5 months out. Hopefully he is 100% next year.

We are probably going to go with an 8 man rotation the rest of the year.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT