ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center Attendance Watch

I’m still trying to figure out the MSU-KY attendance watch statement btw.

I’m still trying to figure out the MSU-KY attendance watch statement btw.
I have to admit, Ulla did get me turn on the game last night to see if what he was saying was in fact, true. It wasn't. I mean this with all sincerity. I want a little of what Ulla is smoking. That must be some good stuff.

Reactions: wr70beh
Fewer empty seats in Rupp Arena (23,500 capacity) than at Robins Center (7,201 cap) for both of our conference games.

Ulla is not Mooney. He's also not a crazy old man. He's a passionate Spider fan who tends to look almost exclusively at the upside of all things bball. He periodically says something that is beyond absurd and it causes a tizzy for a day or two. And apparently he has the best peyote in the near West End.

Little “i”, I was on the faculty at State for 13 years. I keep up with the Dawgs; many empty seats. Get back to your comic books.
Apparently, in your position at MSU, you did not have to replace people who were not performing at an acceptable level. That said, your prior job position at MSU has no bearing on your ability to see accurately, and it apparently did not cure you of your proclivity for pseudo aggrandizement of our teams. You think you are helping in your intractable blind allegiance to our program, but you have become merely a barrier to progress.

Go back to reading your fantasy novels.

Looks like there are still plenty of tickets left to sell for Saturday night. I am sure we will find a way to attract some furloughed federal workers or drop a pile of tickets on a middle school.... but it will still be interesting to see how many we announce on Saturday. For comparison's sake, we had 6686 for the Saturday home game against Lasalle on Saturday 1/20/18.

Looks like there are still plenty of tickets left to sell for Saturday night. I am sure we will find a way to attract some furloughed federal workers or drop a pile of tickets on a middle school.... but it will still be interesting to see how many we announce on Saturday. For comparison's sake, we had 6686 for the Saturday home game against Lasalle on Saturday 1/20/18.
I would venture that even if they comped the Craft Brew Tasing Event, they couldn't sell the place out and that would include students of drinking age.

Last edited:
We're becoming like a credit union.

"If you work in this locality...Or go to school or church here...Or do your grocery shopping here.... Or know anyone from here...Or once drove through here.... Or have heard of it... You are qualified to be a member!"

At least one third of the seats were vacant, and that is a conservative estimate. In fairness three terraces appeared to have good attendance.

At least one third of the seats were vacant, and that is a conservative estimate. In fairness three terraces appeared to have good attendance.
I don't know where you were counting, but the "official count" actually seems pretty close to me. I would put the crowd at 85% and the people there did everything they could to try to get the Spiders over the hump. Unfortunately, the Bonnies hit some timely 3s and made basically all their free throws. Both things are what the Spiders needed.

St. B did a good job on the defensive end keeping both Grant and Nate in check via double teams. As has been the trend in most A10 games, Spiders had open looks from 3 and couldn't hit them.

Gilyard had an awakening of sorts after being rather quiet the last couple games with lots of drives for scores. He was complaining most of the night about fouls during said layups, but to no avail. Surprisingly, the refs were actually pretty fair tonight, not calling many fouls on either team. Of course, they did miss a number of travelling calls as usual.

The multiple changes in D seemed effective overall and definitely seemed to keep the game close. Of course, in the end it is another loss.

At this point, the realistic goal is to finish 10th or better in the league to avoid a first round game. Sad but true.

There were more people there than I expected. I was sitting up in the rafters with the other losers and it appeared that most sections were pretty full.

Reactions: gospidersgo
You must not have been there
Oh, I was there and this is what I saw, many empty seats.
Dx36FUJU0AUiFne

Attendance last night was better than other games of late, but it still wasn’t good.

There’s not a lot of reason to go see the same script play out again and again unless you’re a Rocky Horror fan.

Attendance last night was better than other games of late, but it still wasn’t good.

There’s not a lot of reason to go see the same script play out again and again unless you’re a Rocky Horror fan.
Actually I think the attendance was excellent based on how the season has unfolded this year. I was surprised to see the place as full as it was and I had to wait awhile to get on the shuttle, which was a first this season.

At the beginning of the game there were 2 surprises - man to man D and a RC closer to full. Unfortunately, there were no surprises at the end.

Mine were sold for $40/each through StubHub. I netted $72 total after StubHub took their 10%. They sold the week before Christmas, so I'll assume they were bought as a Christmas gift for some SBU fan who lives in Richmond. I can't imagine why anyone would drive from NY to see this game.

I have three sets left (La Salle, GW & Fordham). At this point I'm up about ~$150 total for all my UR ticket purchases, including the 10 extra tickets I bought for the VCU game and re-sold. When I bought the season tickets my intent was just to get better seats for myself for the VCU game and breakeven. It has been nice to turn a little profit. I now may be able to take a couple days off from my grocery bagging job because of the extra money I made. Retirement is tough.

I can't wait till the 2022 season when you finally get a new coach (assuming they don't extend Mooney's contract another year or two). I think that will really make my sales rock!

Mine were sold for $40/each through StubHub. I netted $72 total after StubHub took their 10%. They sold the week before Christmas, so I'll assume they were bought as a Christmas gift for some SBU fan who lives in Richmond. I can't imagine why anyone would drive from NY to see this game.

I have three sets left (La Salle, GW & Fordham). At this point I'm up about ~$150 total for all my UR ticket purchases, including the 10 extra tickets I bought for the VCU game and re-sold. When I bought the season tickets my intent was just to get better seats for myself for the VCU game and breakeven. It has been nice to turn a little profit. I now may be able to take a couple days off from my grocery bagging job because of the extra money I made. Retirement is tough.

I can't wait till the 2022 season when you finally get a new coach (assuming they don't extend Mooney's contract another year or two). I think that will really make my sales rock!

See post #94 here
https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-bonnies.11335/page-3#post-265006

Can't blame fmrick for trying to make a quick buck. Athl Dept has been ripping off their own season ticket holders for 7-8 yrs now

That picture was taken a couple rows behind my seats. But I think I see a couple of their fans right about where my seats are.

I'm sure that most of my tickets are being bought by visiting fans. I've sold a couple sets for $50/seat and a few at $30 and $40. UR fans, knowing the deals they can get, would probably not pay that amount.

And on a serious side, most likely I'll buy season tickets again next year. And will for sure if you get a better coach. Success sells tickets. You would not believe what I'm able to sell my extra VCU tickets for. If you were back to being a contender and selling out games, I could get many times as much as I did this year. For comparison, last year for the Bonnies game at VCU I got $90/ticket on StubHub for a seat that is behind the home bench, 16 rows up. That was an off year with a new coach. A few years back I sold my UVA @ VCU extra tickets for $400/ticket. I use my profits for the VCU tickets to increase my donation to VCU, which in turn gets me better extra seats at the next re-seating (it does not affect my regular seats, which are guaranteed for life).

That picture was taken a couple rows behind my seats. But I think I see a couple of their fans right about where my seats are.

I'm sure that most of my tickets are being bought by visiting fans. I've sold a couple sets for $50/seat and a few at $30 and $40. UR fans, knowing the deals they can get, would probably not pay that amount.

And on a serious side, most likely I'll buy season tickets again next year. And will for sure if you get a better coach. Success sells tickets. You would not believe what I'm able to sell my extra VCU tickets for. If you were back to being a contender and selling out games, I could get many times as much as I did this year. For comparison, last year for the Bonnies game at VCU I got $90/ticket on StubHub for a seat that is behind the home bench, 16 rows up. That was an off year with a new coach. A few years back I sold my UVA @ VCU extra tickets for $400/ticket. I use my profits for the VCU tickets to increase my donation to VCU, which in turn gets me better extra seats at the next re-seating (it does not affect my regular seats, which are guaranteed for life).
I have a feeling you would be very good with the stock market. I might have to start hanging out with you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT