ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center Attendance Watch

That's exactly why I say that if you really want to send a statement to this tone deaf Athl Dept, stop showing up. STOP GOING. If you REALLY have to see the game, then watch it on tv.

Chanting and yelling does zilch. Sending an email on Tues morning then showing up for the game on Wed night is worthless. Showing up basically cancels out the email you sent the previous day. Do you really think they care about our emails? No.

The message is only sent when the bottom line starts tanking (ticket sales, beer, snacks, souvenirs, etc). That's all they want from you anyway. They've made that perfectly clear.
Disagree. I think an above all approach is better. E-mailing Hardt does matter, even the mention of a chant on our board bothers our athletic department.

You are correct, they are incredibly tone deaf, which is why we need to bring this to their attention in as many ways as possible.

That said, I respect those who have chosen just to not show up as well. That is also making a statement.

Disagree. I think an above all approach is better. E-mailing Hardt does matter, even the mention of a chant on our board bothers our athletic department.

You are correct, they are incredibly tone deaf, which is why we need to bring this to their attention in as many ways as possible.

That said, I respect those who have chosen just to not show up as well. That is also making a statement.
Since I am out of state, but watch every game, have there been any chanting or signs?

Since I am out of state, but watch every game, have there been any chanting or signs?
There were some audible chants at the Rhody game. Probably will be more in the future. I like the chant. Hardt heard it, Mooney heard it, Queally heard it. Need to bring them out of their insular bubble.

I think that calling into the Spider Sportsline is a good idea as well. Just don't text a question in because they either won't as it or will re-word it so it doesn't sound too critical. I will be calling in this Monday and really getting to Mooney with my question believe me.

I think that calling into the Spider Sportsline is a good idea as well. Just don't text a question in because they either won't as it or will re-word it so it doesn't sound too critical. I will be calling in this Monday and really getting to Mooney with my question believe me.
good luck with that.

good luck with that.
Oh I will have great luck with it. They can't shut me down if I call in and ask a critical question of Mooney. I would be very interested to hear his and Bob's response to it. I encourage more of you to do the same because the Sportsline is a great way to show our displeasure.

Oh I will have great luck with it. They can't shut me down if I call in and ask a critical question of Mooney. I would be very interested to hear his and Bob's response to it. I encourage more of you to do the same because the Sportsline is a great way to show our displeasure.
they can't? ok, I'll be listening for you. should be fun.

You must be new around these parts.

If you think you're just going to call in and ask Coach Thin Skin unfiltered questions on live radio , well....please pass over whatever you're smoking because it must be amazing.

You must be new around these parts.

If you think you're just going to call in and ask Coach Thin Skin unfiltered questions on live radio , well....please pass over whatever you're smoking because it must be amazing.
VTSpiderBSHSpider15 isn’t new around these parts, just brash. I remember college.

attendance in a downward spiral?...even for VCU game?...got an e-mail today not as a season ticket holder, or Spider Club member, but as a UR alum...able to purchase up to four tickets at $50 a pop before they go on sale to the general public...

Could be wrong but I don't recall this type of marketing this late in the season for a VCU game in recent years...the impact of the sad state of the program showing up again...

regrettably expecting a real ugly afternoon March 2 with the Robins Center full of loud and boisterous Ram fans...it may be embarrassing

just another good reason to write Hardt, Hale and President Crutcher...we are wasting one of the University's biggest assets...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
They should send it out to a UR grad mailing too if need to sell tix but I guess my email today that said 'Spider Club Members Only!' right there in the subject line was just trickery.

They should send it out to a UR grad mailing too if need to sell tix but I guess my email today that said 'Spider Club Members Only!' right there in the subject line was just trickery.
First email - 7:55am Subject "Purchase VCU Tickets Today! Spider Alumni ONLY!"

Second email - 7:56am Subject "Purchase VCU Tickets: Spider Club Members Only!"

Did you forget to graduate?:D

Reactions: nathanw19
They sent one to Kids Club members too. Why would anyone pay $50 to watch us get killed?
So you aren't looking forward to another 15 point win on 2/13? I shouldn't expect the same results as last year? o_O

Same here.

Ha. I don't think so. They gave me the diploma. I'm sure I had to pay the parking ticket office before I was allowed to get it too. My GPA was probably too low to make the GRAD distro list.

They will. I have no desire to go to this game this year. There fans out cheer us even when we outnumber them. This is going to be a straight up home game for them this year.
But, it will be too late if you wait until we win by 15 on Broad St...

Reactions: gospidersgo
Email about Free Tickets to Federal Employees! Just wait until they get that targeted email list of local furloughed Government workers for VCU tix!

Watching MS State vs Kentucky. Stands are empty. Spider attendance is doing pretty well.

Watching MS State vs Kentucky. Stands are empty. Spider attendance is doing pretty well.
Must be a very large arena because ESPN is reporting attendance 20,609...
or maybe you don't understand the meaning of "empty."
Why would you make such a statement? Seriously. Why?
And you wonder why others think you lack credibility.

Maybe he's watching a women's game?

Little “i”, I was on the faculty at State for 13 years. I keep up with the Dawgs; many empty seats. Get back to your comic books.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT