ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center Attendance Watch

5006 in the house tonight, eh?

I wasn't there tonight (I was at Crenshaw watching the Jackets shoot 55% from 3 pt line and score 117 points), but 5000 at the RC sounds like a lot. Others have said the place was like a mausoleum.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing

Early in the 2nd half, I looked up and noticed that 3 of the 4 terraces were completely empty and the 4th had 8 people watching the game.

There were sections in the end zones that had maybe 10-15 people. No way it was 5000.

O'Connor used to put an attendance figure in his stories that were always less than announced. I wonder if he was told not to do that anymore?

Watched a little of the UVA/Boston College game when I got home last night. Lots of empty seats at their place too. If you watch a lot of college bb it's pretty widespread. People don't attend if the teams aren't winning.

Watched a little of the UVA/Boston College game when I got home last night. Lots of empty seats at their place too. If you watch a lot of college bb it's pretty widespread. People don't attend if the teams aren't winning.
The BC people knew they were going to get hammered and they did. If Richmond played defense half as well as UVA their record would be much better. Obviously, Mooney would not be coaching said defense.

No way was it 5000, and the few folks that were there were about as lack luster in enthusiasm as the teams play. I hope the kids aren't quitting but at times it looked like the intensity was just not there.

I think the administration underestimates the effort it takes for fans to attend a home game especially with the product being lackluster. Eating,kids and other family commitments play a factor. Alum season ticket holders have it easier with parking. Parking can be an issue for non season ticket holders as well as ticket prices if you don't plan ahead. And finally travel time to and from.

I don't think under current conditions fans get enough recognition from the admin, Hardt and Mooney for their attendance. More recognition of fan attendance would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight Legger
I think the administration underestimates the effort it takes for fans to attend a home game especially if the product is lackluster. Eating,kids and other family commitments play a factor. Alum season ticket holders have it easier with parking. Parking can be an issue for non season ticket holders as well as ticket prices if you don't plan ahead. And finally travel time to and from.

I don't think under current conditions fans get enough recognition from the admin, Hardt and Mooney for their attendance. More recognition of fan attendance would be appreciated.

With the current trend, i would think they will have the opportunity to personally thank each fan that comes to a game before too long.

I wonder if Queally just buys a couple thousand of those 5 dollar tickets before each home game, so we can mark them as sold, report it as attendance and then we just apply that to Queally's annual contributions to our athletic program.

It would seem like a very current UR athletic department climate thing to do.

Last night was as quiet, maybe quieter than some women's games. Mid second half, you could hear anything you wanted from the court.

Fire Mooney chants in the final two minutes.

It's going to get very bad by March, and uncomfortable honestly. (I say this as someone who may or may not work the table during games)

Last night was as quiet, maybe quieter than some women's games. Mid second half, you could hear anything you wanted from the court.

Fire Mooney chants in the final two minutes.

It's going to get very bad by March, and uncomfortable honestly. (I say this as someone who may or may not work the table during games)

Noticed this too. You could hear the refs and players on the court and you never can hear that from where I sit (not in the access craver free seat section).

TON of empty seats it appears, and the students are back on campus. I wasn't there, but I think I made the right choice.

Reactions: whampas
"Some of my rankings have increased over time, and this bozo's ranking is falling but he makes much more than I do..."

--Crutcher's mind

Checking in on attendance and the average currently (5,369) stands down about 17% from last year's end of year number (6,491).

Actual butts in seats for the last 2 games looked pretty dismal. I imagine that trend continues with the exception of the VCU game.

Longwood - 6,717
St. Francis - 6,851
IUPUI - 5,015
Hampton - 4,475
Wake Forest - 6,076
Coppin State - 4,220
Oral Roberts - 5,107
ODU - 5,617
URI - 5,006
Duquesne - 4,603

Yep, its gonna keep going down I would suspect. Another data point for Hardt to consider.

That's exactly why I say that if you really want to send a statement to this tone deaf Athl Dept, stop showing up. STOP GOING. If you REALLY have to see the game, then watch it on tv.

Chanting and yelling does zilch. Sending an email on Tues morning then showing up for the game on Wed night is worthless. Showing up basically cancels out the email you sent the previous day. Do you really think they care about our emails? No.

The message is only sent when the bottom line starts tanking (ticket sales, beer, snacks, souvenirs, etc). That's all they want from you anyway. They've made that perfectly clear.

Reactions: whampas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT